Bermuda testing requirements - help!

Lagranger36

My family and I are supposed to depart NYC for Bermuda tomorrow on NCL Joy.  I had originally gotten us all PCR tests on Thursday because I misread the requirement.  Now I read the NCL requirement and it looks like it needs to be within two days (Friday), whereas the Bermuda requirement says 4 days if it’s PCR.

Am I screwed?  Should I scramble to get us all antigen tests tomorrow? 

5 minutes ago, Lagranger36 said:

My family and I are supposed to depart NYC for Bermuda tomorrow on NCL Joy.  I had originally gotten us all PCR tests on Thursday because I misread the requirement.  Now I read the NCL requirement and it looks like it needs to be within two days (Friday), whereas the Bermuda requirement says 4 days if it’s PCR.

Am I screwed?  Should I scramble to get us all antigen tests tomorrow? 

Based on the CDC guidance and NCL, you must have the test within 2 days of a cruise in the US.  If you're vaccinated, you can get an antigen or PCR test.

2 hours ago, Lagranger36 said:

My family and I are supposed to depart NYC for Bermuda tomorrow on NCL Joy ... Should I scramble to get us all antigen tests tomorrow? 

Oops, it's way too late for a Saturday afternoon to scramble for Antigen Rapid testing in NYC, assuming you are staying here overnight and/or arrived here already.  Yes, you will need to produce those negative test results as part of the check-in tomorrow.  NCL's pier testing partner, Euro Fins inside Pier 88 can do that for a fee, for your convenience, of course - #ouch #ouch.  I am doubtful that you can find any urgent care centers within the city that's open this evening & can provide the results quickly - also, for a fee.  

How many of you ??  If you can make it to one of the open & available mobile testing location in the morning, run by the NYC's Dept of Health's partners - they are free, for example - this one is on Lower East/Chinatown Manhattan - at Columbus Park, somewhere near Baxter Street & Bayard Street - usually parked near a fire hydrant.  They open at 8 am and will do both PCR and Antigen together, free & quick ... usually no lines or just a short one. 

You will need a mobile/smartphone and an email address to register & verify the SMS code, and additional immediate family members can enroll - results will/should be digitally available in 30 minutes (sometimes, take 45 to 60 minutes) - save the results in PDF format to smartphone, show that at pier check-in.  If there are 3 of you, this probably will save you easily $200 or more - even if you have take a taxi over or Uber it, back to the hotel or wherever you are staying nearby - and then, hustle over to Pier 88 for a midday check in. 

https://www.nychealthandhospitals.org/covid-19-testing-sites/

Appeared you aren't on this Sunday's roll call or else the helpful folks there would've alerted you and possibly helped avoid this last minute "crisis"  Not that Walgreen's didn't have problems with their online systems & issuing test results ...  Good luck !  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Oops, it's way too late for a Saturday afternoon to scramble for Antigen Rapid testing in NYC, assuming you are staying here overnight and/or arrived here already.  Yes, you will need to produce those negative test results as part of the check-in tomorrow.  NCL's pier testing partner, Euro Fins inside Pier 88 can do that for a fee, for your convenience, of course - #ouch #ouch.  I am doubtful that you can find any urgent care centers within the city that's open this evening & can provide the results quickly - also, for a fee.  

How many of you ??  If you can make it to one of the open & available mobile testing location in the morning, run by the NYC's Dept of Health's partners - they are free, for example - this one is on Lower East/Chinatown Manhattan - at Columbus Park, somewhere near Baxter Street & Bayard Street - usually parked near a fire hydrant.  They open at 8 am and will do both PCR and Antigen together, free & quick ... usually no lines or just a short one. 

You will need a mobile/smartphone and an email address to register & verify the SMS code, and additional immediate family members can enroll - results will/should be digitally available in 30 minutes (sometimes, take 45 to 60 minutes) - save the results in PDF format to smartphone, show that at pier check-in.  If there are 3 of you, this probably will save you easily $200 or more - even if you have take a taxi over or Uber it, back to the hotel or wherever you are staying nearby - and then, hustle over to Pier 88 for a midday check in. 

https://www.nychealthandhospitals.org/covid-19-testing-sites/

Appeared you aren't on this Sunday's roll call or else the helpful folks there would've alerted you and possibly helped avoid this last minute "crisis"  Not that Walgreen's didn't have problems with their online systems & issuing test results ...  Good luck !  

Thanks but I was able at find a lab to take them this morning.  We would have been screwed either way because Walgreens still hasn’t gotten results back to us from Thursday.  Assuming no positives were home free

3 hours ago, Lagranger36 said:

Thanks but I was able at find a lab to take them this morning.  We would have been screwed either way because Walgreens still hasn’t gotten results back to us from Thursday.  Assuming no positives were home free

I'm glad you found a lab.

What I like about CityMD (maybe other places do this too) is that I can wait for a printout.  Last time I got the printouts...but never got the results by email (neither did my husband).

Enjoy your trip!

Have the testing requirements changed lately?  We are headed to Bermuda in August (so I haven't checked lately), but the NCL site and the Bermuda site both allowed for testing 4 days out from embarkation (not arrival in Bermuda) for NAAT test (PCR, LAMP or TMA) OR supervised antigen test 2 days before embarkation.  This is for fully vaccinated cruise ship passengers.

31 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Have the testing requirements changed lately?  We are headed to Bermuda in August (so I haven't checked lately), but the NCL site and the Bermuda site both allowed for testing 4 days out from embarkation (not arrival in Bermuda) for NAAT test (PCR, LAMP or TMA) OR supervised antigen test 2 days before embarkation.  This is for fully vaccinated cruise ship passengers.

where do you see 4 days out from embarkation? on ncl sail safe page says you get covid testing 2 days out
https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe#t4m1

the confusion here is that Bermuda requirements here: https://www.gov.bm/applying-bermuda-travel-authorisation says 4 days out. this is what caused the op confusion

Edited by shof515

On 6/19/2022 at 4:33 PM, shof515 said:

where do you see 4 days out from embarkation? on ncl sail safe page says you get covid testing 2 days out
https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe#t4m1

the confusion here is that Bermuda requirements here: https://www.gov.bm/applying-bermuda-travel-authorisation says 4 days out. this is what caused the op confusion

Yeah, where I got confused is that the NCL site also directs you to country level requirements which “May supersede NCL requirements”, but I’m assuming that’s only if they are stricter.  We could have easily tested at the port for the same price ($75) but it was nice not having to wait until then to find out that we were all negative. 

it is confusing; actually Bermuda has their requirement, NCL has theirs.

You can satisfy Bermuda with a NAAT test, etc 4 days ahead.

But w or wo that you need an antigen, etc. test 2 days before for NCL.

We used the mail order test from Inspire that NCL partners with.

One thing we did that cost me >$500. I called Bermuda to verify receipt / acceptance. Both times I was on hold about an hour and a half. I forgot it was a toll call to my cell. Don't make the same mistake; or arange for a day pass on your cell to mitigate cost.

Edited by figment9999
typo