Why do I suddenly have onboard credit?

radbin71

I was look at my booking and order details and see that I now all of the sudden have a $12.46 onboard credit for each cabin that I booked. I dont have any idea where it came from. We are scheduled to depart on Monday 6/20 on the Magic and there was no onboard credit on the account until today. I didn't get an email or anything indicating that it was a reimbursement for anything. Has anyone else had this happen?

I had a little over $ 9 show up as onboard credit due to a refund of taxes and port charges on my recent Ecstasy cruise. I am guessing it may be related to currency exchange rate changes from the time you paid until the time you cruise.

10 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

This often happens when there was an overcharge for the estimated port fees and taxes although it doesn't usually show on your account until you board. This is a good guess.

Agree, we have had that happen a few times, but not until onboard. I do remember the first time asking our TA later on, and that was the answer he gave, a return of overcharged estimated port fees.

2 hours ago, deweytrader said:

Me too extra obc for 6/20/22 Magic sailing!  Getting excited for tomorrow!

I can't agree more, I have been looking forward to this for quite some time. Haven't had a vacation since Covid hit.

• Like 1