Flights by Celebrity Prices

NC Fred

I have booked flights for a party of 6 for our January cruise through Celebrity. As our flights are one stop, I have been checking the site to see if the non stop flights have come down in price ( was about $150 more that 1 stop ) In the last 3 weeks, pricing has remained the same.

My question. Do these fares ever decrease as it gets closer to the actual date? Or, are the fares pretty well established as  I now see them? This will be our first time purchasing air through the cruise line versus doing so on our own.

Thank you.

They don't price match unless you want to pay the $200 fee to cancel then rebook so it only really makes sense if the fare difference it over $200.

In the past, even during the pandemic fares are tied to occupancy, low occupancy = low fares.  However, due to all the crew shortages, things are different with airlines being forced to outright cancel flights.

Airfares are constantly changing based on demand. I always keep checking. If the demand slackens, the price drops. Demand is the key. My RT to Rome in late August is less $ than my RT to Ft Lauderdale in February!! Both with one stop. My only direct flight is Jet Blue to FLL. The most outrageous price I have ever seen. The one way is almost as much as others RT with one stop.

I spent nearly 17 hours on the phone over about 6 weeks with FBC trying sort out the mess that THEY made.

I wouldn't book flights with them again if it was free and I'm only sort of kidding.  Too much of a pain in the rear, I'd rather have control over my booking.

I will respectfully disagree with some posts, they do price match up until final payment date.   Since op isn't cruising until January they could price match up until 90 days prior to cruise.  

The one advantage of FBC is you pay nothing until Final Payment Date and ZERO penalty for changes or cancellation until that date.   After final payment there is indeed a $200 per person to cancel or change flights.  or pricing.

To confirm for yourself --  search on a flight and click RISK FREE

image.thumb.png.8fc3a5b125ec8dc210da4a57206967b0.png

When you click on it the disclaimer opens up explaining cancellation and penalty.

image.png.9101df681258cbe3c6876dca81f81bac.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Well got a much better deal on our flight using Chase Sapphire on American for 42,000 miles each.   At least I think its good as United wanted a minimum of 100,000 pp.  

I'll call FBC tomorrow and cancel.

Yes, they will price match your airfare as long as you haven't actually paid for the tickets yet.  However if the lower price is due to a bigger promotional discount from Celebrity (free airfare promo is the most obvious example), than you can't get the lower air fare unless you are willing to re-fare the whole cruise reservation as well.

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I will respectfully disagree with some posts, they do price match up until final payment date.   Since op isn't cruising until January they could price match up until 90 days prior to cruise.  

The one advantage of FBC is you pay nothing until Final Payment Date and ZERO penalty for changes or cancellation until that date.   After final payment there is indeed a $200 per person to cancel or change flights.  or pricing.

To confirm for yourself --  search on a flight and click RISK FREE

image.thumb.png.8fc3a5b125ec8dc210da4a57206967b0.png

When you click on it the disclaimer opens up explaining cancellation and penalty.

image.png.9101df681258cbe3c6876dca81f81bac.png

Thanks for the explanation, I did indeed leave out the after payment part.