Sell me on the Edge Villa!!

samplecd02

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

We win a move up bid to a Villa on the Apex.  It is an amazing suite.  
The only negative for us was there  was no shade on the balcony.  A very big negative for us.

Too bad I wasn't lucky to win that bid.LOL

Would really love to have that on Transatlantic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jagoffee said:

We win a move up bid to a Villa on the Apex.  It is an amazing suite.  
The only negative for us was there  was no shade on the balcony.  A very big negative for us.

One solution.  I was concerned too and picked this up in Florida.

IMG_3246.JPG

We LOVED the villa on the Edge.  When we first walked in I actually started crying because it was so beautiful (and it was our first cruise back after the pandemic pause so I was emotional about missing cruising.)  The view from the bed, as mentioned above, is gorgeous.  The entire villa is so light and bright with the tall windows.  The clothes storage upstairs is incredible.  Having two bathrooms a nice treat.  I didn’t know the tub on the balcony was heated because I saw it described as a “plunge pool”, so it was a nice surprise that it was heated and I’d also read that the steward would fill it “on request” but ours kept our running 24x7 which was great.  It was nice having a proper dining table where you could sit and enjoy the afternoon treats delivered by the butler.

The best part for me I think was feeling like the Retreat deck was an extension of our room, it was so close by.  I usually wake early on cruises and sit on the balcony to watch us pull into port but from the Villa it was only a few steps from our upstairs door to the front of the Retreat sun deck where you have like a 270 degree view as you pull into port so I’d slip out of bed each morning and sit up there.  Divine!  (I don’t think this is the same on the Beyond/Ascent, I believe you have to go up another set of stairs on them due to the 2-story retreat layout.)

The biggest con for us is the price!  What we paid for our Oct 2021 cruise (booked only a month or so before sailing) was less than half of what they’re going for now.  Another slight con is with the two floors we’d sometimes find ourselves having to run up- or downstairs to retrieve a keycard or book or whatever before heading out.  Not a biggie for us but for those with any mobility issues that would be a major con.

Overall it was fantastic and we’d love to sail in a Villa again!  Enjoy!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1