How long is Emerald's Budapest guided coach tour?

momrules

Will be on the Emerald Sky Budapest to Amsterdam starting July 16, 2022.  We have a full day in Budapest on Sunday and was wondering if anyone knows how long the Emerald included excursion usually lasts?  Is it an all morning tour and ends for lunch back on the boat?  Or does it last into the afternoon?  Would like to get tickets for a tour of Parliament in the afternoon possibly.  Thank you.

I can't speak for Emerald, but most lines run a tour in the morning (2-3 hrs),  then back to the ship, and either free time in the port, or another tour in the afternoon.  If you schedule your tour for after 1:30, you should be fine, but would make it closer to 2:00 to be sure, as that would cover any travel time.  You could always depart straight from the ship without lunch if it's tight.

Just checked, if you do want to go on the 16th, you better hurry. There are only 15 tickets available for the English session at 13:30 - 14:15.  You may have to skip lunch and eat on the run or later, but you will know better once you can talk to your CD.  Who knows, they may even arrange a drop off if you happen to be driving by.

Here is the site, if you don't have it handy :

https://jegymester.hu/production/480000/hungarian-parliament-building-parliament-visit

Edited by Daisi

I find it a good practice to purchase on-line tickets as far in advance as possible. When there is a morning included tour I will book a ticket as early as 1:30 if necessary. I’d gladly make do with a quick bite of street food instead of lunch onboard to tour Parliament. In fact, we did just that several years ago.