Distilled water available on HAL and CPAP use?

WA Bubbles

We just returned from a 7-day on HAL, we had pre-ordered a gal of distilled water and a few weeks prior, we were informed the order was cancelled.  Luckily it gave us enough time to bring a gal with us.  But we are planning a 21 day and was wondering if anyone else is having issues obtaining distilled water and if they know we will be able to bring on more, both of us a CPAP.  Are we able to check it in or carry on board?  Where we are going is it not easily accessible to get water.  Also did anyone have issues with their CPAP machine not working on the ship?

Did you order your distilled water from HAL?   Maybe they were having supply issues but that's not what you want to hear when you need it for medical reasons.  

Anyway, this is direct from HAL's Cruise Contract (section 5):

Purified or distilled water in factory-sealed containers (including plastic containers) for use in conjunction with medical device(s) are allowed in checked luggage and must be packed with the device(s).

I would contact HAL's Accessibility Department ahead of time and advise them if you decide to take the distilled water with you.  

And this is an interesting thread from December 2021:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2821523-distill-water-for-cpap-i-was-too-late-please-help/

Thanks kokopelli-az.  I also went to the link.  Crazy that HAL would think that anyone would put their their cpap in check luggage.  My CPAP is like my medicines, carried all the time.  I am going to try and pre-order and also see what happens if we bring it on.

On 6/21/2022 at 3:50 PM, WA Bubbles said:

Crazy that HAL would think that anyone would put their their cpap in check luggage.  My CPAP is like my medicines, carried all the time.  I am going to try and pre-order and also see what happens if we bring it on.

I wondered about the checked luggage part, too.   Maybe HAL's Accessibilty Department can clarify. 

Here's their contact information:

Guest Accessibility Department

Phone: 1-800-547-8493 (locally at 1-206-626-7044)

TTY: 1-800-254-8669

Email: GuestAccessibility@HollandAmerica.com

And I agree, never let your precious cargo (meds, medical devices, etc) leave your sight.