Celebrity Sale for Solo Cruisers: No Supplement Charge For Selected Sailings

mahdnc

9 minutes ago, BDevilCruiser said:

Thank you for the head-up on this.  I see a two-letter code, and I'm not familiar with the shortcuts (I can guess some of them, of course.)  Could somebody provide a cross-list of ships?

Now, if only Celebrity (and Royal) would allow searching for cruises based on one guest instead of having to check cruise by cruise individually.  (Like Princess and Norwegian allow.)

Open this link and look at the yellow highlighted row near the top of the table to see the ship code and associated name: link

Here is a screenshot of the same information which you may have to click on to make it large enough to read:

image.thumb.png.2085fe39e1a1cd6722a4b2eb6b1e331a.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Solo Solstice 7 day out of L.A. in a Sky Suite with AI, upgrade drinks, upgrade WiFi, $600 OBC and tips for ~$2,800.  Thinking of pulling the trigger on that one.

What is the date for that sailing please? Thanks!!

Wow, thanks for bringing this up to my attention, was able to upgrade my 4-night Caribbean in Feb next year from an Ocean View cabin to a Balcony/Veranda cabin and SAVE $285

Edited by Uwlwsrpm
  • Like 2

I just booked a B2B2B on the Equinox for Jan/Feb.  28 days of sailing in the Caribbean when I would otherwise be freezing my rear end off in Virginia!  Not having to pay that solo supplement is amazing. Thank you, OP!

• Like 5

22 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Solo Solstice 7 day out of L.A. in a Sky Suite with AI, upgrade drinks, upgrade WiFi, $600 OBC and tips for ~$2,800.  Thinking of pulling the trigger on that one.

Run to book that, don't walk, this is a deal!

• Like 1

Just now, graphicguy said:

Trying.  Airfare is crazy, though.  Doesn't make it a good deal if I have to drop a $1,000 on airfare.

Holy moly, a grand for airfare from Ohio to LA?!  That's nuts!!

On 6/24/2022 at 10:09 AM, graphicguy said:

Your October example is a very good one.  Even with the 60% off for the second passengers, you will only be paying 1/2 the rate for two people.  Probably only $300 for the suite OBC, but a great deal.  Good luck.

Interesting program.  Wonder why Celebrity has taken this approach to reduce prices?  Perhaps to avoid reducing prices for people booked non solo?  

Good fortune for solos.  If I had available adjoining cabins in my category I woukd strongly consider booking two cabins.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kate-in-Canada said:

Can you only get this if you book through a travel agent?

No, you can get the promotion by booking directly on Celebrity's website.

5 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Your October example is a very good one.  Even with the 60% off for the second passengers, you will only be paying 1/2 the rate for two people.  Probably only $300 for the suite OBC, but a great deal.  Good luck.

Interesting program.  Wonder why Celebrity has taken this approach to reduce prices?  Perhaps to avoid reducing prices for people booked non solo?  

Good fortune for solos.  If I had available adjoining cabins in my category I woukd strongly consider booking two cabins.

I suspect to fill cabins

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Any idea how long this will be available?

The booking window is "based on availability" so there is really nothing to indicate how long this promotion will go on for. 

I am sure that Celebrity will be monitoring this experimental promotion closely.  They are obviously hoping to attract new solo bookings to help fill empty cabins but they are having to tolerate existing solo bookings being re-priced and the possibility that 1st/2nd passengers may split up to double up on cabin space and bathrooms.

To me, it would seem that a 2nd-passenger-sails-free promotion would be the same as the no-single-supplement-for-solos promotion--as far as selling empty cabins.  In both cases you are attracting a single fare to occupy a cabin.  You also get the advantage of the onboard spending from the 2nd passenger that you wouldn't get with a solo.  But all the repricing activity from existing bookings would be a killer.  That's probably why Celebrity is experimenting with this solo promotion.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, mahdnc said:

No, you can get the promotion by booking directly on Celebrity's website.

This is my TA’s email to me….solo rate….so, rates through TA’s, also….

“I have received your request for information aboard the Celebrity Solstice set to depart on October 15, 2022.  I'd be happy to help get you on board this cruise!

Per your request I have found the following pricing for S2 category Sky Suite accommodation:  

1 Adult

Gross total: $2743.29 

Non-Refundable Deposit: $250 

Retreat Perks: $300 obc, premium drink package, gratuities, streaming wifi

If you book this cruise with me I will be able to offer you a total onboard credit of $200 for your stateroom!!

The S1 category is only $100 more!”

Deciphered…

-Celebrity fare all in=$2,743
-less $200 TA discount=$2,543
-$300 OBC from Celebrity
-an additional $300 OBC from AMEX Platinum OBC
    Total $600 OBC
-premium drinks included
-tips included
-WiFi unlimited streaming included

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

This is my TA’s email to me….solo rate….so, rates through TA’s, also….

I agree.  The question that I was answering was "can you only get this if you book through a travel agent".  I should have added "also" at the end of my post for out-of-context clarity.

BTW, your TA did offer you a nice deal.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I agree.  The question that I was answering was "can you only get this if you book through a travel agent".  I should have added "also" at the end of my post for out-of-context clarity.

BTW, your TA did offer you a nice deal.

No problem.  I understand what you meant now.  I would think with the exception of my TA’s discount/OBC, that deal should be readily available directly with Celebrity or another TA.

Edited by graphicguy

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 10:09 AM, graphicguy said:

Do it!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm annoyed. I was looking at some of these trips and messaged Celebrity to see when the good deals were set to end. They told me they had no end date and that it was based on availability. Now every trip itinerary I try isn't available anymore. I was planning to book something this weekend. 

Is anyone else having any luck?

9 minutes ago, bludevil said:

I'm annoyed. I was looking at some of these trips and messaged Celebrity to see when the good deals were set to end. They told me they had no end date and that it was based on availability. Now every trip itinerary I try isn't available anymore. I was planning to book something this weekend. 

Is anyone else having any luck?

I am a solo cruiser.It all depend popularity of the sailing.I have to pay double for my transatlantic cruise and I get a good deal for next year sailing with no supplement charge.

I just tried dummy bookings for my upcoming Italy & TA B2B and they both still have solo fares, exactly half the fare for two.  My February Apex cruise is now more than double the solo fare I got back on Jun 21st.  It would seem to depend on the specific sailing and  demand.