Honolulu during Thanksgiving

dogdoc2002

Aloha-

We are sailing on the POA on November 26th, flying in on the 24th (Thanksgiving). Are there typically restaurants open near Waikiki and the convention center area? Any activities likely open/operating?

Mahalo!

18 hours ago, dogdoc2002 said:

Are there typically restaurants open near Waikiki and the convention center area? Any activities likely open/operating?

You'll have more of an issue of finding a dinner reservation than things being closed-- it will be a very crowded time to visit. Lots of folks fly over from the west coast. If there's something you want to do/place you want to eat, make a reservation as soon as you can with them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

You'll have more of an issue of finding a dinner reservation than things being closed-- it will be a very crowded time to visit. Lots of folks fly over from the west coast. If there's something you want to do/place you want to eat, make a reservation as soon as you can with them.

Thanks for the advice. We'll scope out some options and see what will be taking reservations

On 6/21/2022 at 1:33 PM, dogdoc2002 said:

Aloha-We are sailing on the POA on November 26th, flying in on the 24th (Thanksgiving). Are there typically restaurants open near Waikiki and the convention center area? Any activities likely open/operating? Mahalo!

I assume you have hotel reservations already? Where are you staying?

Thanksgiving Week is one of the single busiest weeks in Hawaii so pretty much everything is open and restaurant reservations at the top places fill up quickly.

If you are staying near the Ala Moana end of Waikiki, I love 100 Sails in the Waikiki Prince Hotel. Start checking soon for reservations to open up.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 10:33 AM, dogdoc2002 said:

Aloha-

We are sailing on the POA on November 26th, flying in on the 24th (Thanksgiving). Are there typically restaurants open near Waikiki and the convention center area? Any activities likely open/operating?

Mahalo!

Lots of restaurants will be open and serving a thanksgiving menu, one of my favorite restaurants is Signature Prime on the 36th floor of the Ala Moana Hotel.. great food and amazing views. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 10:54 PM, scottca075 said:

I assume you have hotel reservations already? Where are you staying?

Thanksgiving Week is one of the single busiest weeks in Hawaii so pretty much everything is open and restaurant reservations at the top places fill up quickly.

If you are staying near the Ala Moana end of Waikiki, I love 100 Sails in the Waikiki Prince Hotel. Start checking soon for reservations to open up.

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll check that one out. Booking the hotel this weekend, still mulling over the options, but likely staying at the Ala Moana. We stayed there years ago when I was there for a work convention and found it pleasant, plus easily walkable to the Waikiki area.

6 hours ago, Bocadude85 said:

Lots of restaurants will be open and serving a thanksgiving menu, one of my favorite restaurants is Signature Prime on the 36th floor of the Ala Moana Hotel.. great food and amazing views. 

Thanks for the suggestion. We're likely going to be staying at the Ala Moana, so that would work out perfect.

2 hours ago, dogdoc2002 said:

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll check that one out. Booking the hotel this weekend, still mulling over the options, but likely staying at the Ala Moana. We stayed there years ago when I was there for a work convention and found it pleasant, plus easily walkable to the Waikiki area.

I wondered if that was the hotel you were considering.

It is a good hotel, largely a business and convention hotel. I did like it better before Accor took over management though. The hotel used to have one of Oahu's best dim sum restaurants, but that left after the change. Signature Prime Steak & Seafood is very good though. It is one of Honolulu's better steakhouses.

Before booking I'd look at both the Outrigger hotels on the beach, the Marriott and Hyatt Regency. The Outriggers might be more than you want to pay, given the week, but looking is free, Those hotels, along with the Hyatt and Marriott, gives a more central location.

• Like 1