Restaurants near Hyatt Place Ft Lauderdale

Fishboy1947

Staying precruise at the Hyatt Place Ft Lauderdale Cruise Port on Tenth Avenue. 

Any restaurant recommendations for our 3 families, total of 12, would be appreciated. Within walking distance of hotel would be ideal. Nothing extravagant but would like to avoid any national chains. 

Thank you

Quarterdeck- exceedingly family friendly (pet friendly, too). Very much local, very diverse menu. (Burgers, ribs, sushi, good salads).  A short walk to the north.

Mezzaluna is also very, very good, but may be more than you want.

15th Street Fisheries downstairs is o. The water. If you’ve got young kids, they could have a good time feeding the tarpon. It’s a short Uber or taxi ride or a long walk. Perfectly safe. I grew up there.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve biked it, walked it, canoed it (when it flooded), just a long mostly residential street- apartment buildings.

Our favorite when staying at Hyatt Place is Duffy's Sports Bar...quick easy walk as it sits next to Embassy Suites and in front of Publix Mkt....good food and drinks !!! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

Our favorite when staying at Hyatt Place is Duffy's Sports Bar...quick easy walk as it sits next to Embassy Suites and in front of Publix Mkt....good food and drinks !!! 

I second Duffy's, great place with something for everyone.  Close by to Total Wine also if you need anything.............

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

The OP is staying at Hyatt Place. :classic_wink:

And the Hyatt Place, the Renaissance and the Boatyard are within a short walk of each other.   😁

I mentioned the Renaissance because the restaurant is tucked away behind it

Edited by lx200gps

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

And the Hyatt Place, the Renaissance and the Boatyard are within a short walk of each other.   😁

I mentioned the Renaissance because the restaurant is tucked away behind it

Thanks...I guess what you consider a short walk and I do differ a bit. :classic_biggrin:

We, the 12 of us, arrived at the hotel around 3:00 and famished after a long day traveling. We intended to go to Duffy’s in the evening for the Lightening Stanley Cup finals game but wanted to get something right away.

Google showed Gilbert’s 17th Street Grill close by and highly rated. We walked over and really enjoyed their burgers, ribs and wings. Their burgers are their claim to fame, Angus beef and extensive toppings.

The owner and staff were exceptional.

we would highly recommend. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Fishboy1947 said:

We, the 12 of us, arrived at the hotel around 3:00 and famished after a long day traveling. We intended to go to Duffy’s in the evening for the Lightening Stanley Cup finals game but wanted to get something right away.

Google showed Gilbert’s 17th Street Grill close by and highly rated. We walked over and really enjoyed their burgers, ribs and wings. Their burgers are their claim to fame, Angus beef and extensive toppings.

The owner and staff were exceptional.

we would highly recommend. 

Excellent choice also and even a shorter walk.