Muster Station Groupings..

southbayer

New muster drill is just a brief, five minute safety review on how to use a life jacket. No longer a mass gathering on the outside deck by the lifeboats. Many cruises are delayed because inconsiderate guests can not complete this simple requirement before sail away.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pe4all said:

You must actually report to your station, where they will scan your card.  Cannot do muster on tv.

Actually, the expectation is that you will watch the safety briefing on your TV after attending the lifejacket demonstration at your muster station. So, it's not either/or, it is both/and.

Edited by Schoifmom
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

Actually, the expectation is that you will watch the safety briefing on your TV after attending the lifejacket demonstration at your muster station. So, it's not either/or, it is both/and.

Huh.  Interesting.  I didn't know we were supposed to. We just went to the briefing.  

I sailed on MSC after and they had everyone go to their room at the same time and watch on the TV.  At the end they gave a number to call to confirm you had watched it.  Then you walked to your muster station, swiped your card and on you went. 

1 hour ago, 1kaper said:

Huh.  Interesting.  I didn't know we were supposed to. We just went to the briefing.  

I sailed on MSC after and they had everyone go to their room at the same time and watch on the TV.  At the end they gave a number to call to confirm you had watched it.  Then you walked to your muster station, swiped your card and on you went. 

They don't check or anything. Watching it in your room is simply an expectation.

4 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

They don't check or anything. Watching it in your room is simply an expectation.

Yes.  I just didn't even realize it was an expectation and I sailed a couple months ago. 

29 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

Yes.  I just didn't even realize it was an expectation and I sailed a couple months ago. 

The last two cruises I was on (post return), they were very adamant about make sure you watch the safety video playing in your stateroom.  over and over and over and over and over 🙂  You probably noticed it playing on a loop when you first entered your stateroom.  I think that the frequency or strength of reminders to watch it depends on your cruise director, honestly.

On NCL in April they had an attendant at each entry door who pointed you to your muster station and told you where you could find a life preserver in the cabin, then scanned your card. Done and done, no group gathering