Miracle 10 Day Alaska, 6/10... Mostly Photographic and Disappointing Review

TxTeach79

On 7/1/2022 at 5:39 PM, trbarton said:

Did you attend the Chef’s Dinner & if so how was it?

Thanks for all of your photo’s. 

The Miracle will be my 2nd cruise on Carnival. Cruised mainly on Princess where I’m elite. Any helpful things I should know?

Thanks for everything you did. 

Tom😀

Well, we had the Chef's Table booked, but it got cancelled (along with all Chef's Tables in June) due to staffing. Shouldn't be an issue for you at all! Enjoy!

I'm platinum with Princess, enjoy them as well, and my only other time to Alaska was on Ruby P back in '16. The ships are different of course, but there are more similarities than differences, especially on the longer sailings. You'll have a great time!

Okay, I am only half way through but this is the best review I have ever read!  Like seriously laughing out loud my family keeps asking "What are you laughing at NOW Mom!" Hahahahaha!  Love it, can't wait to read more.... thank you for posting!  We cruise out of Galveston (yes, I guess it's there lol) on the 23rd and are VERY excited! Cheers!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JillinCalgary said:

Okay, I am only half way through but this is the best review I have ever read!  Like seriously laughing out loud my family keeps asking "What are you laughing at NOW Mom!" Hahahahaha!  Love it, can't wait to read more.... thank you for posting!  We cruise out of Galveston (yes, I guess it's there lol) on the 23rd and are VERY excited! Cheers!

Thanks so so much! That makes me very happy to hear!!!! Have a blast cruising out of Texas - you'll have great people and happy ships for sure... what cruise are you doing out of Galveston??

18 hours ago, urbanhawk said:

Hola-you're back, TxTeach79! If you decide to change your user name to the "giddy cubano", I'll change mine to the "grinning gringo"! 😇!!!!!! Happy cruising everybody!

Sounds to me like we could take this show on the road!! 😂

• Haha 2

On 7/4/2022 at 4:31 PM, TxTeach79 said:

That's so nice for you to say! I really appreciate it! Then again, talking about cruises to y'all is a bit of an easier gig than teaching World Geography to 12 year olds, sooooo..... 😂

😂😂 Well I mean you could tie in cruising to all the world geography you get the experience. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Thanks so so much! That makes me very happy to hear!!!! Have a blast cruising out of Texas - you'll have great people and happy ships for sure... what cruise are you doing out of Galveston??

Well to be honest, port stops are secondary to us at the moment lol What trumped was cheap and direct flights from Calgary and Houston won lol.  Carnival was 1/3 of the price of RCI (like what!) We go to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.  Only one excursion booked, ATV's in Mexico, nothing else appealed!  We will do similar to you and find "local inspired" lunch spots.  Also, dying to know if B (I feel like I know her lol) liked Verity.  I noticed that was the book she was reading... avid reader here and i just don't think I'm a Coleen Hoover fan lol although Verity has an ending that opens up a wide variety of interpretations!  Off topic totally... loved your review and all the pictures... thank you again!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Okay, hang on, I am sending this post to B right away (she's not on CC).... also, are y'all (see, i'm a Texan!) on Vista?

Welllll, she needs to be!  :classic_wink: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2022 at 11:37 PM, TxTeach79 said:

Howdy Y'all!

Just recently got back from the Miracle 10 Day to Alaska out of San Francisco! I'm more than happy to disappoint all of you with this photo heavy review.... It was just me and my girlfriend, who will from here on out be known as B. I've been to Alaska once before, in 2016 on Ruby Princess, and it was B's first time. Most notably for the review, despite 29 cruises and 157 days with Carnival, this was my first time on a Spirit class ship! I was more than intrigued.  Anyway, off we go... we are traveling from HOT home in Dallas to the Bay Area and ready to roll... let's see how it goes, shall we??? 

Thanks for the review. As it happens, we were getting on the Miracle as you were getting off.  I can echo much of what you said about the Miracle. short lines, great food etc.  This was my first non-Galveston cruise out of 31, (I am from the other side of DFW in Arlington) and I really like the Miracle much more than the newer and larger Carnival ships. Had I read your review earlier I would have sampled the Caribbean iced tea rather than the Long Island version. We enjoyed the cruise so much we are booked on the Spirit next July out of Seattle.  Maybe we will cross paths out of Galveston in the future (or more likely already have.).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wallbanger said:

Thanks for the review. As it happens, we were getting on the Miracle as you were getting off.  I can echo much of what you said about the Miracle. short lines, great food etc.  This was my first non-Galveston cruise out of 31, (I am from the other side of DFW in Arlington) and I really like the Miracle much more than the newer and larger Carnival ships. Had I read your review earlier I would have sampled the Caribbean iced tea rather than the Long Island version. We enjoyed the cruise so much we are booked on the Spirit next July out of Seattle.  Maybe we will cross paths out of Galveston in the future (or more likely already have.).

I am so glad that others agree with this review and how great the Miracle is.  I just booked a cruise on her for next July to Alaska!  All of these positive reviews are making me even excited.  BTW I am from the DFW area too!!  Small world 🙂

• Like 1

Thank you so much for such a brilliant review, and for spending so much time keeping us entertained.  Amazing pictures and so very funny.   We go on Miracle on 8/8/22. Not our first Carnival cruise but our first to Alaska.  You have made me so excited about going.   Thank you.  One little question.   I am a little unsteady on my feet after recent knee surgery.   Do you think I will be ok getting on tenders?   Would hate to miss our excursions by being stuck on the ship.   Once again thanks for such a great report.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Johnny60 said:

Thank you so much for such a brilliant review, and for spending so much time keeping us entertained.  Amazing pictures and so very funny.   We go on Miracle on 8/8/22. Not our first Carnival cruise but our first to Alaska.  You have made me so excited about going.   Thank you.  One little question.   I am a little unsteady on my feet after recent knee surgery.   Do you think I will be ok getting on tenders?   Would hate to miss our excursions by being stuck on the ship.   Once again thanks for such a great report.

If you're comfortable handing a couple steps you'll be just fine. There are always crew members there to assist you, and if worse comes to worse they'll happily provide wheelchairs/elevators etc to get you ashore!

On 7/17/2022 at 1:14 PM, CruiseLovingTeacher said:

I am so glad that others agree with this review and how great the Miracle is.  I just booked a cruise on her for next July to Alaska!  All of these positive reviews are making me even excited.  BTW I am from the DFW area too!!  Small world 🙂

Have a blast! And stay cool... what a summer we're havin'!

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 1:06 PM, Wallbanger said:

That's entirely possible! And yeah, we felt the same about Spirit class and booked the Pride out of Barcelona next summer ourselves!

On 7/15/2022 at 10:14 PM, CruiseLovingTeacher said:

Thank you so much for your terrific review!  I’m even more excited about this cruise for next summer. I was wondering if you were able to see any land during the sea days. I can’t tell how close to the shore the ship is during these days. 

it depends on the day,  but you definitely get a lot of good views of land from the ship! The first two sea days getting up the west coast a little less so, but once you're in Alaska proper it's basically constant

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 9:19 PM, TxTeach79 said:

Morning from the City by the Bay….. home of the… Millennium Falcon?

FF264FB6-E0F4-4F4A-9D96-9F62A01575C5.thumb.jpeg.a4efa2641e961684870e1ca18084d3bd.jpeg

E9FB5C6B-AD5C-4E6F-8A8F-E01603EC87FB.thumb.jpeg.b306f67b69dc1fac019bcd1ae733b85f.jpeg

OMG! You have no idea how excited this picture made me. I am sailing on Miracle Sept 5, 10 days out of SF and I had the best time reading your review. But this right here had me almost in tears! I cruised Princess back in 2006 from SF to Alaska... and guess what? The Millenium Falcon was there for us too! Here is my almost 16 year old picture! Taken on my bday 9/13/2006. 

Thank you for sharing all your wonderful pictures and experiences. We have a Skagway and Icy Strait Point instead of Sitka and Ketchikan but I thoroughly enjoyed all 25 pages of this post! Thank you again!!!!

J913 041.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

it depends on the day,  but you definitely get a lot of good views of land from the ship! The first two sea days getting up the west coast a little less so, but once you're in Alaska proper it's basically constant

Thank you - that is what I was hoping.  We have cruised Alaska before, but have always done the inside passage and since this one doesn't sail in there, I was hoping there would still be lots of views for most of the cruise.

• Like 1

Absolutely fantastic review. Never done an Akaska cruise and been considering booking the SF to Alaska cruise as our 2023 vacay. You've sold me far better than any Carnival ad could ever do. Glad you had a great time. Time to heard over to the Carnival website and get our room locked in.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 8:53 AM, TxTeach79 said:

I’m terrible at math, except when it comes to computing value on a bar tab. We quickly determined that the pitchers of Caribbean Iced Tea were the solid (and potent) deal, and they got the job DONE… (and also put us in bed remarkably early) 

8FE7233B-190B-4671-8EBB-079BE9A73DA7.thumb.jpeg.c99901437af25779fa5183932093cb82.jpeg

947AA5C2-3563-486A-8BEE-8325B8343C10.thumb.jpeg.a56cc647aac4bdc1ca4bf0899585a9aa.jpeg

949AFCEB-47F5-49AA-AF2F-5D79819A9ABC.thumb.jpeg.cfd78a8b9b42e6de523d33b2c5bacd31.jpeg

Looks great- this will be our first time going cruising without a beverage package....have to see if DH ends up overboard cause he wanted to save a buck 🤣

• Haha 1