Miracle 10 Day Alaska, 6/10... Mostly Photographic and Disappointing Review

TxTeach79

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I’m glad it popped up again as I probably passed over it initially because I didn’t want to be disappointed, what a misleading title, lol! In the meantime I booked the 14 day round trip from Long Beach to Alaska on the Miracle for September 2023 so I thought I should check it out. I am so looking forward to the cruise now, we go to Sitka, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Straight, Tracy Arm, Ketchikan and Victoria. 

Your pics are absolutely fabulous and how lucky you were to get such spectacular weather. I hope we are lucky too although it’s late in the season. You are a gifted writer and storyteller so please do reviews of all your future cruises and a live review from your solo trip on the Mardi Gras is a must, I look forward to following along! Thanks again, going to save this one to read again as our time gets closer, happy cruising!  

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2022 at 9:38 PM, KingsQueen13 said:

OMG! You have no idea how excited this picture made me. I am sailing on Miracle Sept 5, 10 days out of SF and I had the best time reading your review. But this right here had me almost in tears! I cruised Princess back in 2006 from SF to Alaska... and guess what? The Millenium Falcon was there for us too! Here is my almost 16 year old picture! Taken on my bday 9/13/2006. 

Thank you for sharing all your wonderful pictures and experiences. We have a Skagway and Icy Strait Point instead of Sitka and Ketchikan but I thoroughly enjoyed all 25 pages of this post! Thank you again!!!!

J913 041.jpg

OMG!!! That's wild!! She's definitely memorable I guess!!! Have a fantastic cruise!

On 7/26/2022 at 12:05 AM, LaRue1975 said:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I’m glad it popped up again as I probably passed over it initially because I didn’t want to be disappointed, what a misleading title, lol! In the meantime I booked the 14 day round trip from Long Beach to Alaska on the Miracle for September 2023 so I thought I should check it out. I am so looking forward to the cruise now, we go to Sitka, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Straight, Tracy Arm, Ketchikan and Victoria. 

Your pics are absolutely fabulous and how lucky you were to get such spectacular weather. I hope we are lucky too although it’s late in the season. You are a gifted writer and storyteller so please do reviews of all your future cruises and a live review from your solo trip on the Mardi Gras is a must, I look forward to following along! Thanks again, going to save this one to read again as our time gets closer, happy cruising!  

Thanks for the kind kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!! Believe me, I'm beyond thankful for the weather we had! Have a fantastic cruise, those 14 days are AWESOME!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 9:43 PM, TxTeach79 said:

Don’t you tell me what to do 

C4A7D17E-F32C-45F7-A91A-C7886575A5EB.thumb.jpeg.e091571e09c0a15e410c4b30a91fb6cc.jpeg

made it to the gate. Stayed at the hotel til the last minute at 4, slept off that burrito a bit, now we’re refreshed, rested, and good to go. 

898B0E0C-8B05-41E2-BD12-72723C263455.thumb.jpeg.97fea39472c47b4763fc889164076e63.jpeg

OMG, I clicked on this picture to zoom in because I'm nosy and hot damn!! Is that guy rocking a Flava Flav clock? What am I looking at? Oh, airports. You never disappoint! 

• Haha 1

On 8/12/2022 at 3:32 PM, SwimCarrie said:

OMG, I clicked on this picture to zoom in because I'm nosy and hot damn!! Is that guy rocking a Flava Flav clock? What am I looking at? Oh, airports. You never disappoint! 

He absolutely is.... well, it's a Golden State Warriors championship souvenir Flava Flav clock! If i recall, it was still in the plastic wrap! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

He absolutely is.... well, it's a Golden State Warriors championship souvenir Flava Flav clock! If i recall, it was still in the plastic wrap! 

That made my day and many days after. The whole thing. Still in the plastic wrap, like what????? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

On 8/17/2022 at 8:02 PM, SwimCarrie said:

That made my day and many days after. The whole thing. Still in the plastic wrap, like what????? 🤣🤣🤣

The championship parade was that morning in downtown SF, so I assume he bought it there?? Either way, FULL commitment to the plastic wrap integrity!

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2022 at 5:53 AM, Ferry_Watcher said:

Is this how you would want your mother described?

Or how about 'a single pier staffer scanning us onboard'.

The person scanning boarding passes on the gangway is the last set of eyes tat will catch any mistakes or omissions in Wellness (photo of vaccine card(s), did all the health questions get answered, and in in embarkation process: did the passport get scanned; is the security photo acceptable, etc.  

There really should have been 3-4 pier workers doing this job.  It's possible that the other folks in this position worked during disembarkation and were still on their break when the ship opened up for embarkation.

Nothing mean was said.  And if my momma is slowing things down, point it out.  lol

• Haha 1

Thank you so much for this absolutely delightful review.  I don't know how I happened upon it as Alaska is not on my radar at the moment.  We have been twice and loved it but thought that would be enough!  Well after your review I may have the Alaska fever again!!

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 4:49 PM, cruisr said:

Does anybody know if the Miracle was able to call in Skagway today?  I know the landslides closed some of the docking piers and some calls were cancelled.

We did. The ship was still docked next to the landslide, but passengers have to use the water shuttle to get on shore. The process was not too bad. We also had to use water shuttle the day before at Juneau, which in my opinion was a disaster.

“You Have Made Me So Very Happy” (What happened to BS&T).  I booked the Miracle to Alaska next summer and was having second thoughts but your review was AWESOME.  Hope the ambience of the ship remains after refurbishment 🥹

GREAT Great review, one of the best.  THANK YOU ☺️ 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 11:21 AM, TxTeach79 said:

could you do it? Sure. It’s not technically that far. Probably about a mile down the Embarcadero. It was worth the Uber for us with all the traffic lights and luggage, etc., but if the weather is good and you don’t mind the hike, you could do it 

We're both 75 years old, and took the hike to Pier 39 right off the ship. Nice relaxing walk with two pieces of luggage rolling behind us. Guess we're fortunate to be that healthy.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...