ETIAS

Bin man

14 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

We will have to go through different passport queues though,  where they have them.

Not necessarily. 

There is a thought that non-EU spouses of EU citizens can use ‘Part A’ gates (i.e. the EU gates) as referred to in Regulation (EC) No 539/2001 - but it all depends on whether the border guard understands that. 

See the Border Lanes section here - https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/schengen-90-days-in-180-day-ruling-for-non-eu-spouses-of-eu-citizens/

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, picsa said:

Not necessarily. 

There is a thought that non-EU spouses of EU citizens can use ‘Part A’ gates (i.e. the EU gates) as referred to in Regulation (EC) No 539/2001 - but it all depends on whether the border guard understands that. 

See the Border Lanes section here - https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/schengen-90-days-in-180-day-ruling-for-non-eu-spouses-of-eu-citizens/

Ok - that looks like it might be tricky.

thanks

19 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Ok - that looks like it might be tricky.

Does it?

Queue up with your EU spouse in the EU lane and if the border guard says ‘non’ then move over to the non-EU lane.  I can’t see that many being that picky. 

7 minutes ago, picsa said:

Does it?

Queue up with your EU spouse in the EU lane and if the border guard says ‘non’ then move over to the non-EU lane.  I can’t see that many being that picky. 

Worth a try I suppose - the risk is having to go to the back of the UK queue and start again. 
If the queues are small I’ll try it.

Do you know if this is reciprocated by the UK for her - when we come back ? She has right to remain but I can’t remember if she needs to go through the EU queue coming back.

1 hour ago, paulatsea said:

Do you know if this is reciprocated by the UK for her - when we come back ? She has right to remain but I can’t remember if she needs to go through the EU queue coming back.

Coming back to the UK - the passport channels are one for UK, Ireland, and EU, and then a separate for ‘others’ (I may have overlooked some others who are allowed in the ‘UK’ queue. 

So it isn’t the reverse of the EU where it is ‘you Brits, over there in that queue’ - much to the unhappiness of some. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, picsa said:

Coming back to the UK - the passport channels are one for UK, Ireland, and EU, and then a separate for ‘others’ (I may have overlooked some others who are allowed in the ‘UK’ queue. 

So it isn’t the reverse of the EU where it is ‘you Brits, over there in that queue’ - much to the unhappiness of some. 

Thanks - I’d forgotten that - it’s been so long since we have had to do this , we haven’t flown anywhere in years and have only been on cruises ex uk where all immigration done for us on board.