Noordam Photo's from laffnvegas (Lisa)

Ziggy7

6Noordam.gif

The blessing of the bell was performed by Mariner Society Ambassadors, Mr. and Mrs. Robert and Judith M. (right), with President and CEO Stein Kruse (far left) and Noordam Captain John Scott (left of bell).

7Noordam.gif

Godmother Marlee Matlin just prior to the countdown.

8Noordam.gif

Countdown reaches 1 as the ball dramatically drops.

90Noordam.jpg

The champagne bottle break on the ship's bow is viewed on the Vista Show Lounge video screens amidst the flashing ball, fireworks, flying confetti, and cheers and applause.

91Noordam.jpg

An orchestra plays on through all of the festivities.

92Noordam.jpg

Captain Scott, Linda Kruse, Marlee Matlin and Stein Kruse.

93Noordam.jpg

Stein Kruse; special surprise guest Pat Riley, coach of the Miami Heat; Marlee Matlin; Micky Arison, Carnival Corporation & plc chairman and CEO; and Captain John Scott.

94Noordam.jpg

Marlee Matlin with Noordam officers.

95Noordam.jpg

Frans Dingemans, Noordam's architect; Marlee Matlin; and Hedwig Dingemans

96Noordam.jpg

The stellar entertainment team orchestrated the dedication spectacle.

Left to right: Kurt Gardner, set production, Showman Fabricators; Brian Monahan, lighting designer, David Horner, lightingProgrammer; Ingrid Werner, production manager; Jason Venner, cruise director; Bill Prince, director of entertainment; Tim Comstock, sound technician; James Richardson, stage manager.

Thank you for showing us the events and festivities.

What a wonderful time for all the people.

SailSevenSeas is to be applauded and I am stiill doing it too.. *Yipeee*

:D

What a wonderful Ambassador and her Husband.:D

She has made NY a Dam City again now...

Snowing here now and 19 f .. Brrrr.. and the New Noordam is in such a warm comforable climate... Is Cruise Critic here going to have a Temperature and/or satelite feed so we all can see whats going on .. even knowing the Location would help see betetr and get them more viewerships thusly more ads and more dollars.... *S* it is the bottom line which does count::eek:

Lisa and Ziggy,

Thank you so much for showing us those photos. They are wonderful.

Sail and her DH look wonderful and are worthy Ambassadors.

Being so far away, it has helped bring the celebrations so much closer for me.

Jennie

So these were the pictures sail promised us :confused: ?

I know Lisa wasn't there to take them; neither was ziggy, but I couldn't figure out who did.

Ruth, these are the PR photos that HAL sent out to a gizillion people. They are the photos that Sail spoke of and said she didn't know how to upload them. When I got them, turned out I couldn't either! When I made them small enough to upload, they were tiny.

So Lisa got Ziggy to work her magic and Voila!!!:D

Does anyone know if Captain Scott will be onboard in November? My wife and I renewed our wedding vows on our 25th anniversary during a Volendam cruise and Captain Scott performed the vows. Our next trip will be our Copper Medallion cruise and I mentioned to my wife that it would be wonderful to receive the award from Captian Scott and talk about when she cried during the renewal ceremony and almost had the captain getting misty. Plus we cruised on the old Noordam and from what I have read about the new Noordam it sounds wonderful.

I do have a concern crusing out of NY? Flying into LGA from Ohio and staying the evening prior? Can anyone give me the pros and cons.

Thanks

Mike from Ohio

• 1 month later...

REALLY random question time...

In the footnotes for the photos you have: Tim Comstock, sound technician

ANY clue how I might be able to find out if this is some I used to know? I was looking for someone I knew back when I lived in South Beach, and I had heard he went into the cruise industry.

Does anyone know if Captain Scott will be onboard in November? My wife and I renewed our wedding vows on our 25th anniversary during a Volendam cruise and Captain Scott performed the vows. Our next trip will be our Copper Medallion cruise and I mentioned to my wife that it would be wonderful to receive the award from Captian Scott and talk about when she cried during the renewal ceremony and almost had the captain getting misty. Plus we cruised on the old Noordam and from what I have read about the new Noordam it sounds wonderful.

I do have a concern crusing out of NY? Flying into LGA from Ohio and staying the evening prior? Can anyone give me the pros and cons.

Thanks

Mike from Ohio

Call HAL Shipservices - they can tell you exactly which Captain, CD, HM, etc. are assigned to a particular sailing (barring unforseen circumstances...)

I'm an advocate of ALWAYS getting to the port of embarcation at least the day prior - why chance screwing up your cruise by possibly being late for whatever reason? Arriving relaxed and refreshed is worth the add'l $200-300/night in NYC...

Archived