Covid question for 12 year old

My daughter (age 11) will be getting her second Covid vaccination in 2 weeks.   She will turn 12 in August of this year.  We are taking a cruise in March of 2023.  Will she be considered fully vaccinated when we take the cruise in March 2023.

17 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I believe that she would be considered Vaccinated.  I believe to be Fully Vaccinated she would need a booster.  Either way, as of right now she could sail as vaccinated 14 days after her 2nd vaccination shot

You don't need a booster to sail.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cruiser 5452 said:

My daughter (age 11) will be getting her second Covid vaccination in 2 weeks.   She will turn 12 in August of this year.  We are taking a cruise in March of 2023.  Will she be considered fully vaccinated when we take the cruise in March 2023.

Age has nothing to do with it. As long as the cruiser has had both required vaccinations their fully vaccinated. Our ages 5 & 8 grandsons are fully vaccinated and have sailed.

38 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Age has nothing to do with it. As long as the cruiser has had both required vaccinations their fully vaccinated. Our ages 5 & 8 grandsons are fully vaccinated and have sailed.

In Europe, there are countries that require that you've either had a booster or that your second shot is not more than 270 days prior to sailing 

• Like 2

FWIW, we were on the Harmony and there was a woman complaining that her 12 YO daughter was denied boarding.  She was 11 when the cruise was booked.  I don't recall all the details, this was Last December and the vaccination rules were likely different then.  Point is, if you do have unvaccinated children, make sure you understand what the rules are.  I'm sure the daughter was devastated by not being allowed to board.

3 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

In Europe, there are countries that require that you've either had a booster or that your second shot is not more than 270 days prior to sailing 

Of course, but I guess I assumed the OP wasn't sailing on an international cruise...my bad.

• Like 1