COVID test on B2B Sailing

Kamfish642

On the 14 Day Best of Norway sailing on the Rotterdam out of Amsterdam, which returns to Amsterdam after week 1.  I know we will need to have a negative COVID test results 3 days prior to initial embarkation in Amsterdam, but will we need to get a 2nd COVID test upon return to Amsterdam prior to start of week 2 of cruise?

nope,  just have HAL or your travel agency link your back to back bookings and you will be fine. call the medical clinic before you start your second voyage and they will make sure you are tested prior to the new voyage, if it is still required. That is what we did. 

We were on b2b (Mexico/circle Hawaii) in January 2022.  Toward the end of the first leg, HAL had everyone continuing on to leg 2 circle thru the MDR for a covid test.  We received a note (in advance) in our cabin as to when we were to go.  It was fast and well organized.  Took about 15 minutes.  No charge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tuolumne couple said:

nope,  just have HAL or your travel agency link your back to back bookings and you will be fine. call the medical clinic before you start your second voyage and they will make sure you are tested prior to the new voyage, if it is still required. That is what we did. 

Cruise is a single booking (14 day), just returns to Amsterdam after 1st week.  I believe that each week can be booked separately, but ours was booked as 14 day Best of Norway cruise.

1 hour ago, goatgoat said:

We were on b2b (Mexico/circle Hawaii) in January 2022.  Toward the end of the first leg, HAL had everyone continuing on to leg 2 circle thru the MDR for a covid test.  We received a note (in advance) in our cabin as to when we were to go.  It was fast and well organized.  Took about 15 minutes.  No charge.

It changed around April 1st, to no test required for the second part of a B2B. Been a few discussions about the change here.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

It changed around April 1st, to no test required for the second part of a B2B. Been a few discussions about the change here.

We sailed on Royal on a b2b in May and they provided the testing the morning of the last day of the 1st leg.  On the Oasis in June , also a b2b, Guest Services told me that we would be receiving the testing location on the last day of the 1st leg.  When we did not get it, I returned to Guest Services and they assured me that that was no longer required since April.  We are hoping that our upcoming August b2b on Zaandam will be dealt with by Hal whichever way it goes.

2 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

We sailed on Royal on a b2b in May and they provided the testing the morning of the last day of the 1st leg.  On the Oasis in June , also a b2b, Guest Services told me that we would be receiving the testing location on the last day of the 1st leg.  When we did not get it, I returned to Guest Services and they assured me that that was no longer required since April.  We are hoping that our upcoming August b2b on Zaandam will be dealt with by Hal whichever way it goes.

That would be Princess policy, not HAL's.