New Evaluation Procedure

jeriram

2 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

... (Still can't figure out why disembarking 600 passengers took longer than cruises we've been on with 3,000 passengers.)....

Having watched about 720 passengers (Riviera 12/21) and 610 passengers (Sirena 11/22) disembark at Terminal J, I think the mess is positively correlated to the number of motorized scooters and walkers passengers use as they encounter the one elevator down to customs and the luggage! And O does NOT help by NOT enforcing their own disembarkation rules and procedures. Just a mess as anyone does whatever they want regardless of what is supposed to happen. We were one of the last off Sirena in November. We just sat up in Horizons sipping coffee, water and juice watching and waiting. But our flight home was the next day so no hurry for us.

I wouldn't waste my time on the ship to do any survey.   Any survey that expires is worthless.  Often after most cruises I get a survey that expires in a week.  They are also worthless.  If you value guest opinions, give them time to think about the cruise experience.  If not, it shows that you don't care.

• Like 4

Just off Riviera and I did fill out the on-line survey.  It was too early to review dinner the last two nights but I did it anyway.  On the form I mentioned that our TA had advised them we were celebrating our 41st anniversary on January 9 but needless to say, O did nothing until I mentioned it on the survey.  So, on the last night at Jacques, we were surprised with a special cake and serenade!  I have to think that they read my remarks unless what we experienced was a usual practice to leave it until the last night of the cruise.

@itzfitz

My understanding is there was no way anyone on board could have read your comments on the Final Survey because they are transmitted at the end of the cruise and only read by the Miami office. The Mid Cruise survey iIS read on board and believe me, they are read!  If you have an issue, that is the time to mention it.  It is possible the Anniversary celebration request was missed or tied to a specific dining evening, no one would have any idea for sure, only conjecture. Typos screw up everything 😁.MOST IMPORTANTLY, your special day was celebrated. 
One time one of our friends had a 🎂 celebrated 3 times. They were on a B2B and it was mentioned to some staff and every time we turned around there was a cake being delivered with a Song. 

Mauibabes 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

@itzfitz

... The Mid Cruise survey IS read on board and believe me, they are read!  If you have an issue, that is the time to mention it. ....

I can second this. While on Riviera 12/21 I mentioned on the mid-cruise survey that there was no guest lecturer. I got a phone call that evening from the CD Paul day giving me detailed instructions on how to access stored recorded lectures from past cruises. I ended watching two of them. We only had 719 passengers and I've wondered how many or how few sent any hand-written comments in.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 6:02 PM, bradpole said:

In theory the online survey is a good idea, in practice it is frustrating.  There just isn’t enough bandwidth the last day for everyone to fill it out and submit it successfully. Personally I wish the survey referenced a server onboard rather than relying on the limited satellite bandwidth….or just allow us to do it when we get home.  

As for the mid cruise comment cards, they do read them.  I noted something silly in their, and they followed up with me!

Me too.  Very minor comment, but then came a phone call, asking if they could send someone to talk to me about it.  

I feel sorry for Oceania, or any cruise line for that matter.  Some people say they should reduce all the paper used on board (and now they're trying to do that).  But other people don't want to have to do or look at anything online, so they want the paper back!  

• Haha 1