Regent Cruisers in South Carolina

15 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Another 'southern' South Carolinian!  How do you like Greenville?  We've been here about 8 years and have been very happy here.

We’ve been here 11 years and enjoy Greenville a lot. Headed out in a week or so for Ireland and then to meet Navigator in Copenhagen. Our 14th Regent trip, guess we like it😊.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, briar14 said:

We’ve been here 11 years and enjoy Greenville a lot. Headed out in a week or so for Ireland and then to meet Navigator in Copenhagen. Our 14th Regent trip, guess we like it😊.

Sounds great!  I think we're at 12 Regent cruises right now, the last few years really took a toll on our travel.  Hope you enjoy Ireland, it's been a long time since we've been there...but a lovely country and fantastic people.  Pretty decent whiskey as well.  

Enjoy your cruise!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

Sounds great!  I think we're at 12 Regent cruises right now, the last few years really took a toll on our travel.  Hope you enjoy Ireland, it's been a long time since we've been there...but a lovely country and fantastic people.  Pretty decent whiskey as well.  

Enjoy your cruise!!

We lived in Dublin for 5 years. Suffice to say, a few times in Temple Bar. Our favorite  steakhouse anywhere is Shanahans on the Green. Www.shanahans.ie. Great story to it and downstairs bar, the Oval Office, filled with US Presidential artifacts. Fantastic food and wine. Bill….looking to get up to Greenville in the not too distant future. 

Edited by Gpilon

On 6/29/2022 at 2:54 PM, Gpilon said:

We lived in Dublin for 5 years. Suffice to say, a few times in Temple Bar. Our favorite  steakhouse anywhere is Shanahans on the Green. Www.shanahans.ie. Great story to it and downstairs bar, the Oval Office, filled with US Presidential artifacts. Fantastic food and wine. Bill….looking to get up to Greenville in the not too distant future. 

Well, if you make it and have time for a cocktail, let me know.  If I'm in town we can share Regent stories.  🙂

On 6/29/2022 at 7:05 PM, SC Retired Cruiser said:

We live in Aiken and have been cruising on Regent since 2013.  We have 3 cruises planned through 2023.

Bob and Maria

Nice.  You guys are ambitious!  Under normal circumstances we might have three booked out but being abnormal now we only have two - one in '23 and one in '24.  Our trip to Guam is really knocking out our time and budget for another cruise anytime soon.  😄

14 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

Well, if you make it and have time for a cocktail, let me know.  If I'm in town we can share Regent stories.  🙂

Sounds like a plan. Off to Maine in a couple weeks then to Montreal in August and we are looking at early September. Stay tuned.....

13 hours ago, carolina cruisin said:

In Guam for "pleasure" ?  Spent 3 years there - loved it!!

Pleasure, yes - it'll be a pleasure to see our daughter (Navy nurse) for the first time in a year and a half.  🙂

A week or so there, then a week or so in Honolulu on the way back - seemed a shame to fly that far and just go to Guam.  We'd originally planned on doing about 10 days in Japan but there's still too much uncertainty with their Covid protocols, so Hawaii it is...or Hawai'i, I guess it is now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gpilon said:

Sounds like a plan. Off to Maine in a couple weeks then to Montreal in August and we are looking at early September. Stay tuned.....

Of course - we'll probably be out of the country in early September.  Stay tuned....   🙂

On 6/28/2022 at 3:44 PM, UUNetBill said:

Believe it or not, I was actually able to gather that from your screen name.  🙂

We're from Dataw Island as well. You won't be able to tell from our screen name - Madison Bay. We escape the noseeums and head north to spend summers on Madison Bay off the Chesapeake. 

On 7/10/2022 at 10:58 PM, MadisonBay said:

We're from Dataw Island as well. You won't be able to tell from our screen name - Madison Bay. We escape the noseeums and head north to spend summers on Madison Bay off the Chesapeake. 

The mornings I walk out of my house and get hit in the chest with the oppressive, muggy heat make me think that summering further north might not be a bad idea.

I saw something online the other day that said something along the lines of:

Want to experience summer in the Carolinas?

- Take a hot shower

- Don't dry off

- Put on all your clothes

A neighbor to the north horning in here. On a Navigator cruise in 2018, they did a "where are you from?" party. They assigned different venues on the ship for people from designated areas to meet and mingle. Some U.S. states (e.g., Florida, New York) had their own groups, others were combined. Some meetings comprised entire countries (Australia, UK). The Carolinas had the Navigator Lounge--between the two states there were enough of us.  I'd love to see them do that again. But first, I guess they have to bring back the block parties. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wishIweretravelling said:

A neighbor to the north horning in here. On a Navigator cruise in 2018, they did a "where are you from?" party. They assigned different venues on the ship for people from designated areas to meet and mingle. Some U.S. states (e.g., Florida, New York) had their own groups, others were combined. Some meetings comprised entire countries (Australia, UK). The Carolinas had the Navigator Lounge--between the two states there were enough of us.  I'd love to see them do that again. But first, I guess they have to bring back the block parties. 

That would be fun.  And truth be told, I missed out block party in January more than I thought I would...those are a great way to meet people.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 5:26 PM, etual324 said:

Hi

Just got off the Splendor 35 days in May BCN-LHR

Have around 200  +  days

Living in SunCity Hiltonhead in Bluffton S.C

And still a Giants fan, I see.  🙂

• 2 weeks later...

We live on Lake Keowee, near Clemson.  Second home is in Ponce Inlet FL.  Booked on our first Regent cruise Jan 21 - Feb 1 on the Splendor.  Looking forward  to getting back to cruising after a nearly three year hiatus due to Covid.  Usually sail with Seabourn and Crystal (eager to see what Geoffrey Kent aka founder of Abercrombie and Kent vacations does with the Symphony and Serenity.)  Only cabin available was G1 which is fine but  wish we could have unlimited device and logins instead of the one device limit for our cabin category.  Anyone know the cost of adding another device?  How many PCs are in the Splendor's business center and is there a charge for using the internet there?  Thanks in advance for any replies.