Platinum & Diamond party back

On 6/24/2022 at 1:59 PM, Jamman54 said:

We have been on six cruises since the start up, and we have attended every Diamond event, and not once has the Captain been there, which is probably a good thing. Haven't seen one at the Platinum / Diamond VIFP party either.  :classic_cool:

On 6/24/2022 at 9:06 PM, TomCruise48 said:

We were told that Carnival is having the Captain avoid contact with guests to prevent him from catching Covid.

We had the Diamond party the other day on the Splendor.  Only about 25 people. Delicious appetisers and cocktails. 

Also the Platinum / Diamond event with drinks only. 

The captain was present at both events but kept his distance and did not mingle.

Been hit or miss for us.  Conquest and Sunrise in March and May, had the diamond get together (no Platinum/Diamond party). Sunrise they had a party and the main officers, not captain, showed and just introduced themselves and left.  Free drinks and a few little sweet things they passed around.  Conquest they had the whole normal Diamond party and all senior officers including Captain came around and sat and talked with us, normal food and drinks available.

Last month on the Conquest though, no party of any kind, but hubby and I both got $50 OBC each to make up for it and a letter saying thank you for our loyalty.  Honestly I liked that the BEST.  Would take $100 free spending money over the party any day. 😁

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Buckeye_Siggy said:

Wife and I will hit Platinum on our cruise in three weeks. We will likely want to attend this party.  What is the required attire?  do people wear their elegant evening attire?  is it shorts and t-shirts?

If there is a P/D party, my mom and I wore casual cruise clothes, shorts and a cute top for me and pants with a cute top for her.  We attended the P/D party beginning of April.  My end of May cruise there wasn't a party but I received 2 free drinks instead. Have a great cruise!

21 hours ago, wemjam said:

Last month on the Conquest though, no party of any kind, but hubby and I both got $50 OBC each to make up for it and a letter saying thank you for our loyalty.  Honestly I liked that the BEST.  Would take $100 free spending money over the party any day. 😁

That's nice!  Were you on a 7 day cruise?  Just curious because I was on a 5 day cruise beginning of June and received 2 free drinks.  Thanks!!

46 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

That's nice!  Were you on a 7 day cruise?  Just curious because I was on a 5 day cruise beginning of June and received 2 free drinks.  Thanks!!

Actually 3 day on the Conquest