Overnight rules

AK Dreaming

Just found out my Bermuda cruise is going to overnight in Port Canaveral.  This was unexpected but I have many friends in the area and was wondering if there was any need to return to the ship at any point of if I could get off in the afternoon and return the next evening?

1 minute ago, AK Dreaming said:

Just found out my Bermuda cruise is going to overnight in Port Canaveral.  This was unexpected but I have many friends in the area and was wondering if there was any need to return to the ship at any point of if I could get off in the afternoon and return the next evening?

Just make sure you are on board before the ship sails in to the sunset.   🙂

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

Just make sure you are on board before the ship sails in to the sunset.   🙂

TECHNICALLY, at PC the ship sails away from the sunset.  Yes, I know it's a turn of phrase to mean "sails off without you"...

2 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

Have seen numerous times in Bermuda folks getting off the ship with golf clubs and and a small suitcase. They head out to play golf for a couple days and, I assume, stay at the resort. They return to the ship on embarkation day. So there should be no problem with visiting friends and returning the next day. Just remember, as others have stated previously, the ship waits for no man ( or woman)!!

30 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Have seen numerous times in Bermuda folks getting off the ship with golf clubs and and a small suitcase. They head out to play golf for a couple days and, I assume, stay at the resort. 

We wonder why people would pay for a cruise and then leave it to stay and pay elsewhere?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

We wonder why people would pay for a cruise and then leave it to stay and pay elsewhere?

I figure it would be the perfect vacation, if golf is your sport of choice.  Let's say you're on the Boston-Bermuda cruise. You board the ship in Boston around 12:00PM Friday afternoon. You disembark the ship in Bermuda on Sunday around 1:00PM. You still have time to get 18 holes in. You stay at the resort Sunday and Monday night. On Monday, you might have time to get 2 rounds in, and plenty of time Tuesday for another.

You return to the ship in time for sailaway, and now have Tuesday PM to Friday AM 

to enjoy the rest of your cruise.

So, 5 days on the ship, 2 days playing golf at some of the finest courses in the world. And the ship being your transportation, you've saved maybe thousands in airfare if you and yours had flown into Bermuda to play golf for a few days.

• Like 1

As long as you're onboard the next day by the all-aboard time, you'll be fine. The gangway remains open the entire time your ship is in port, so if you wanted to return at 3 in the morning and then leave again at 7 a.m., you'd be free to do so.