Iona specialty restaurants closed?

newbie cruissy

12 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

After the exciting and delicious lunch with the Captain yesterday (goodness he is a tall man!) just a quick update that I've now toured the ship checking how we are - definitely required after the huge offerings - and delighted to report everything is operational and functioning as it should.

The staff are wonderful, very accommodating and there seem to be plenty of them.  As my first proper Princess cruise - I completed a 4 day staycation last year - the experience is so far really good.

Incidentally the lady seated next to me yesterday evening is a big P&O cruiser.  She recently sailed on Iona to the Fjords (or not as she put it!!) and she too is impressed with what's happening here.  We both agreed, however, if it wasn't for the Princess Plus package P&O offer the best value.  Also met a couple if well travelled Australians who hate Cunard but love P&O Australia.

Found the quarantine quarter by accident and can report there are a number of cases onboard, mainly I believe staff.

Today the ship celebrated American Independence Day, great fun for all.  The sail away from Gibraltar was noisy and joyous, none appeared worse te wear for their free drinks.  A surprising amount of the entertainment has been British so far and all nationalities are joining in whole heartedly.

The food is still good, a little on the cool side for me on occasions.  The staff are working tirelessly to ensure everyone is having a good time - certainly we are! Tomorrow another seaday - certainly need a rest after today's exertions!

I can confirm there are two Captain's Circle cocktail parties tomorrow.  Like my previous one on Celebrity all is as near to pre-pandemic as it could be.

Organisation is excellent, events well supported and running smoothly. Onboard count is around 2,600 but the ship is in no way feeling crowded or unable to cope.  Masks are recommended in the theatre but not mandatory.  Some are to be seen.  The middle lifts can be busy but we are aft and rarely see anyone in the ones nearest us, the front ones much the same except after theatre turnout.

We have booked another cruise for early next year whilst onboard, looking forward to it already.  Certainly this trying other lines rather than sticking is offering great delights and pleasures not seen for some time.

That’s great to hear - and reflects the post-cruise feedback I’ve just provided to Princess in response to their questions. 
Due to the Princess Fare, Our total onboard spend was ……. £22.58! 

• Like 2

On 7/2/2022 at 4:52 PM, kalos said:

Compared to what ?  Oh look you've got me comparing now :classic_wink:

That's not a comparison. It's as different as chalk and cheese. Bree for lunch, prefer it to camembert.

• Like 1