How to make sofa bed comfortable in club suite

28 minutes ago, mamashamiller said:

I stayed in mini suite years ago and I remember how hard that pull out was,

is there anything people do to make it better?

tia

Ask your room steward for a foam or eggshell  mattress topper. Solves the problem.

• Like 1

just lucky i guess, whenever i had a mini suite and slept on the pullout couch, i never had any trouble getting comfortable and sleeping. but a mattress topper should help. last april  my wife and i shared a 2 bedroom suite with a close friend. while i told her in advance the 2nd bedroom was small, i could see the look of disappointment on her face when we got into the cabin. the steward put a topper on the bed and she was happier than a pig in whatever.  not only that but but the haven spoiled her.

by the way, i can fall asleep almost anywhere, comes from 2 years in the army

Another tip is to request both an egg crate foam topper and a cotton mattress pad to put on top of the foam.  If you don’t ask for the mattress pad you can feel the foam through the sheet and it itches!

• 2 weeks later...

I find most beds are still to hard for me so I bring a blow up mattress like for camping.  I have one that is about the size of a coke can when rolled up so easy to pack and inflats to twin size.   It works for the pre-cruise hotel bed and for the cruise cabin bed.  I ask the stweard to place it under the sheet. 

I wish I could have used it for my business class lay flat seat on my last flights to/ from Europe.  Boy, were thoe seats too hard to lay in.  I figured it would be too tacky to haul it out and huff and puff to blow it up.  The squeal to deflate it might have been tacky as well.  😜

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lynelz1 said:

I find most beds are still to hard for me so I bring a blow up mattress like for camping.  I have one that is about the size of a coke can when rolled up so easy to pack and inflats to twin size.   It works for the pre-cruise hotel bed and for the cruise cabin bed.  I ask the stweard to place it under the sheet. 

I wish I could have used it for my business class lay flat seat on my last flights to/ from Europe.  Boy, were thoe seats too hard to lay in.  I figured it would be too tacky to haul it out and huff and puff to blow it up.  The squeal to deflate it might have been tacky as well.  😜

Heh.  If the seats were really hard, perhaps you should have just used that air mattress, and snuggled in...

... and soon pull out a couple of extras for sale.

😉

GC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tinygrashopa said:

I had the pleasure of sleeping on the pullout for a cruise I took.  I had to ask for 2 egg-crate mattresses to make it bearable.  Slept like a baby after that!

You say "2 egg-crate mattresses", I say "2 Old-Fashioneds"...po-tay-to po-tah-to.  😁

• Haha 3

the easiest way to make the sofa bed comfortable is to have your upgrade bid to the haven accepted.

as for lie-flat business class eats on airlines... on the ones i've flown (chiefly united), the flight attendant will bring out a mattress topper/egg crate thingie on request.