Non Alcoholic liquor

It has been mentioned that Fever-tree tonic is now onboard.  Hope that is still true.

There are a couple of NA beers on board which is nice

There also is NA wine on board, which I really don't care for

I am wondering how to get an NA gin called "Monday" served in Regent bars?  Do we just get passengers to start requesting it?  I will request it for our cabin, but would rather enjoy it in a more social setting.  Monday and Fever-tree tonic makes a very good G&T, especially for those of us who cannot have alcohol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mj_holiday said:

It has been mentioned that Fever-tree tonic is now onboard.  Hope that is still true.

There are a couple of NA beers on board which is nice

There also is NA wine on board, which I really don't care for

I am wondering how to get an NA gin called "Monday" served in Regent bars?  Do we just get passengers to start requesting it?  I will request it for our cabin, but would rather enjoy it in a more social setting.  Monday and Fever-tree tonic makes a very good G&T, especially for those of us who cannot have alcohol.

I'd be curious about which NA beers and wines they have onboard.  I think the more that people request it, the better.  There's a trend here in North America and in Europe I believe, so let's make it a tidal wave.  I'm not cruising anytime soon, but when I do, I'll be making those requests.  Here at home in Toronto we've got some nice NA beer, but nothing like the selection in the US right now.  As for NA wines, I'm finding a few that are drinkable.  In the States I liked the FRe wines (especially the blended red), and Wellbeing Chardonnay.  I'm sure Europe has some nice ones, but it's a matter of weeding out all the awful ones.

Our last Regent cruise (pre-COVID) was 2019 and the NA beers they had were O'Douls (cans for refrigerator) Heineken 0.0 and Buckler (not much of this).  I have given up on the NA wine.  When I had gotten it served in CR, someone was always refilling it (good service) with real wine.  Too much trouble all around for something that I didn't care for that much.

We have been to various parts of Europe several times since I can no longer have alcohol, and I have been able to have an NA beer where ever we have gone, and many times a local NA.

So for onboard Regent I will be asking for Monday NA Gin to be available.

I'd be very happy if Regent gave some choices for NA options.  Monday "gin" would be a nice beginning, but I'd also like to see one of the NA aperitifs: Ghia, Lyre's, Wilfred's, even Seedlip Garden would be better than most NA wines, which are undrinkable IMO.  Let us know how the request for Monday NA Gin goes.

In Germany, at least one NA beer is marketed as a sports drink 😉  It's pretty good, too.  I believe I read somewhere (here?) some time ago that Regent were going to have Seedlip on board, too?  (Or did I dream that?)   

Here, NA gin-style drinks are really commonplace now and all the mainstream brands are offering a NA alternative.  I wouldn't think it would be too much of a stretch for Regent to have a couple of them routinely on board - I've not tried Monday, but will be interested to hear if your request is successful @mj_holiday  

39 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

I will have to try Seedlip. 
Our cruise is in December and will definitely report the NA situation. 

The Seedlip Garden doesn't taste anything like gin (sadly) but with good tonic and a twist of lime it has a pleasant refreshing taste.  I think the other two flavors of Seedlip are pretty dire.

Thanks, Gilly and mj_holiday, I'll be looking for your reports!

Have not seen Gordon NA Gin, but will look for it.  In addition to Monkey NA Gin making a good G&T, it makes a martini that for me satisfies me.  When ever DH had a martini I would take a tiny taste.  But with a Monkey NA martini (dry with a twist) I really don't care to take a sip from DH.

Back to NA beer, on our recent Regatta cruise the only brand available was Heineken Zero. This was the case on the Riviera in November as well. And we found that not all specialties have it on hand. But they will send someone to get it from the bar for you. If anyone in North America has the opportunity to try Athletic NA beer jump on it. Their IPA is particularly good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/27/2022 at 4:42 PM, CruiseLibra said:

Back to NA beer, on our recent Regatta cruise the only brand available was Heineken Zero. This was the case on the Riviera in November as well. And we found that not all specialties have it on hand. But they will send someone to get it from the bar for you. If anyone in North America has the opportunity to try Athletic NA beer jump on it. Their IPA is particularly good.

I agree! Heineken 0.0 is barely acceptable, imho. There are alternatives that are widely available now, some variety would be nice. From U.S. ports I'd add Lagunitas IPNA.

It seems the Heineken sales force was very, very active in the US.  Once it showed up, it seemed it was in every place I went.  Even in places that said to me multiple times even though they had O'Douls on the menu, they didn't have any NA.

St. Pauli Girl NA is one of the best I can find in US grocery stores but doesn't show up in many restaurants or bars.

17 hours ago, mj_holiday said:

It seems the Heineken sales force was very, very active in the US.  Once it showed up, it seemed it was in every place I went.  Even in places that said to me multiple times even though they had O'Douls on the menu, they didn't have any NA.

St. Pauli Girl NA is one of the best I can find in US grocery stores but doesn't show up in many restaurants or bars.

Funny about taste. I didn't like St. Pauli Girl at all, and shudder at the thought of O'Douls. Heineken 0 is just ok. Anyone tried Grolsch 0?

I have not found Grolsch, places around me are not prone to have more than one brand of NA.  All the places started with O'Douls and now they are gradually changing to something else.  I found a Guinness NA up in Wisconsin, which was good.

40 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

I have not found Grolsch, places around me are not prone to have more than one brand of NA.  All the places started with O'Douls and now they are gradually changing to something else.  I found a Guinness NA up in Wisconsin, which was good.

Yes, I've had the Guinness 0.0 in Florida. Quite nice.