Should I worry about my pre-cruise Covid test?

yakefu

My family of 4 will take the Carnival Radiance next Monday. We took the PCR test at Friday afternoon at CVS. However, I don't receive the result yet. Any advice? Should I find a rapid test to do the test tomorrow morning as a Plan-B?

Thank you in advance.

3 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Why did you do a PCR test? Unvaccinated kids? 

Yes, my son is 4 years old and unvaccinated.  So I just made appointments for all of 3. My little one is only 16 months. I don't thin her need test.

Hopefully you get all of your results in time. 

Our cruise is in August. The only test available at cvs, and Walgreens, etc. in our area is the PCR test. We cannot find a place to do rapid antigen tests. We are nervous that we will not get them back in time also. 

Still nothing from CVS. I've made appointments for rapid NAAT test at Albersons. Tomorrow morning, I will contact CVS first to ask about the result. If the results don't come on time, I will do the test again at Albertsons. However, Albersons charges $99/test. But this is still at the cheap side of the rapid test.

Buy the proctored emed test, unless you HAVE to do a PCR.  We bought 6 for our Mediterranean cruise, took 3 online as we left. Results in 15 minutes.  Thankfully didn't have to use the other 3 as they rescinded the testing requirements to return to USA. 

Same here, I got it on our January cruise! Wouldn’t have even known I had it if we weren’t going on another one the following week after we returned! Got off the ship on Sunday, went about all the usual doctors appts, grocery store, things like that all week. Went for testing on Saturday before Monday cruise and tested positive! Was totally shocked, no symptoms!

58 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

For those above posting about catching covid onboard what does that have to do with the original posters question? 

Considering we all have to TEST negative prior to boarding,  I think it has everything to do with this post. Perhaps you can make the connection (as many of us have gotten Covid on a cruise, including my entire party 3 weeks ago) that the pre-test is a joke.  It doesn't stop anything,  and the cruise lines need to stop requiring it. When we got Covid, we had some sniffles and disembarked in Barcelona.  We walked over 10 miles each day for the next 4 days and found out we had covid.  There's no stopping it. Many people don't realize they have it. Getting these tests does nothing but increase our anxiety. My post about getting the emed test is for the one traveling in August who said there were no rapid tests available in their area.  I should have quoted them.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AnitaVacation said:

I would worry more about getting it onboard.  My husband and I got it on our May cruise, and my cabin mate just got it on our June cruise.... lots of reports of people getting it onboard..

But you can’t board without the negative test., so it would be moot if the results don’t come through.

• Like 6

But when you onboard, you can't control anything. Even some people got the Covid when cruising. Many more don't. I just called CVS this morning and after 30 mins talk, I got my result in my email. I think we are good to go. 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

Same here, I got it on our January cruise! Wouldn’t have even known I had it if we weren’t going on another one the following week after we returned! Got off the ship on Sunday, went about all the usual doctors appts, grocery store, things like that all week. Went for testing on Saturday before Monday cruise and tested positive! Was totally shocked, no symptoms!

Disembarking on Sun and testing pos on Sat doesn’t point to getting it on the cruise unless you were positive before that and you will never know.

Probably more people getting it running around with untested people right after the cruise than around recently tested negative people on a cruise. You never know when you got it unless you test every day.