Washcloths in Staterooms in Europe?

Guess the title gave away the question!   I’m asking the question as I know many, if not most, European hotels do not provide washcloths!  Since Royal provides kettles in some stateroom categories for European cruises, but not for US based cruises, I thought they might also follow the washcloth “rule” as well.   Please advise to help us with packing for our first European cruise…Odyssey from Rome!  Thank you!

RCI does fleetwide regardless of location. I always take one with me just in case our European hotel doesn't have them. Didn't even think of this until one of my first stays in Barcelona..I asked and they had no idea what I was talking about :classic_ohmy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

RCI does fleetwide regardless of location. I always take one with me just in case our European hotel doesn't have them. Didn't even think of this until one of my first stays in Barcelona..I asked and they had no idea what I was talking about :classic_ohmy:

try asking for a flannel,  it would work in the UK anyway.

Hello,

'Washcloth' I do not know about.

'Facecloth' = 'Flannel' is for personal use and is available if not already in your stateroom bathroom. 'Dishcloth' is for washing dishes and is not provided (so I take my own).

Regards,

Cublet

As above i had no idea what a washcloth was but am guessing you mean flannel (Uk name for a small towel to use to wash face and other places).

A few different size towels found in the bathroom, however i do find the larger shower towel small, prob a UK medium towel in size. Not a bath towel size

On a recent Harmony cruise we had washcloths or flannel's.  They were rolled up and placed on our bathroom sink and not hanging with the other towels.  I usually bring a scrunchie/loofah so only use the "washcloths" as a hand towel.

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

Thanks!  Totally forgot about that.  Barcelona hotel for 3 days coming up in October.  Just added a note to pack 2 of them.  😉   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Thanks!  Totally forgot about that.  Barcelona hotel for 3 days coming up in October.  Just added a note to pack 2 of them.  😉   

I actually travel with compressed, disposable washcloths to use in hotels in Europe.  Super inexpensive.  They work great to keep the luggage weight down but aren’t quite as nice as cloth.  I use them to wash my face when I’m not able to jump in the shower.  Glad I don’t have to pack real ones for the cruise.  Trying to stay with one suitcase and backpack.

10 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

I actually travel with compressed, disposable washcloths to use in hotels in Europe.  Super inexpensive.  They work great to keep the luggage weight down but aren’t quite as nice as cloth.  I use them to wash my face when I’m not able to jump in the shower.  Glad I don’t have to pack real ones for the cruise.  Trying to stay with one suitcase and backpack.

We will be on Wonder for four weeks.  My packing won't be that light.  😉 

Before we started cruising, I did a lot of land tours in Europe.  I would cut up an old worn bath towel into the number of days I would be gone and use those as “wash cloths”.  Throw them away after use to make room for incidental purchases.