DUCKS

4 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

When I find them, I take them off the ship and leave them on a beach.  I have taken a duck from one cruise line and hidden it on another one.  And I took a few to the beach here at home in Bradenton.  

You shall speak no more of this duck trafficking.

• Haha 8

17 hours ago, Flipflopsnfrozendrinks said:

Jeep wrangler drivers have been "ducking" each other for several years.  I always have ducks in my Jeep to give out.  I guess some will be coming on my Indy cruise.

Do you use duck tags?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 7:30 AM, MightyMike said:

I was on Symphony of the Seas in April and there were so many ducks in Central Park it was ridiculous. Pretty much every island of plants had a duck in there somewhere. One member of a social media group for that cruise brought one suitcase with nothing but ducks. I think the novelty of it has worn off. When does this stop being cute and instead just become plastic trash?

I would think that Royal would take care of that issue if/when it comes to being an issue.  All they have to do is tell their crew to police up all the ducks and let it start all over again.  I don't think Royal would prohibit it because it is such a joy for some (not me) folks and especially the kids, UNLESS it became a safety or systems hazard.  You can count on some people screwing things up for other people though.  

On 6/28/2022 at 2:30 PM, MightyMike said:

I was on Symphony of the Seas in April and there were so many ducks in Central Park it was ridiculous. Pretty much every island of plants had a duck in there somewhere. One member of a social media group for that cruise brought one suitcase with nothing but ducks. I think the novelty of it has worn off. When does this stop being cute and instead just become plastic trash?

It's long since stopped being cute and become plastic trash

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

I would think that Royal would take care of that issue if/when it comes to being an issue.  All they have to do is tell their crew to police up all the ducks and let it start all over again

Already started,  on Vision last month we saw a crew member with a large clear plastic trash bag full of ducks. When we asked what would be done with them she said they would be disposed of.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, crazyank said:

Already started,  on Vision last month we saw a crew member with a large clear plastic trash bag full of ducks. When we asked what would be done with them she said they would be disposed of.

That’s not going to stop people unless Royal comes out and says something. I would think Royal would say something before just tossing them. Why would they want people to continue to put the ducks out if they are just going to get rid of them?

My daughter found 2 ducks and I found one last week on Oasis. She thought it was fun. Granted, I had to tell her to stop pawing through the plants in Central Park looking for them, so there is some potential for damage, I suppose. (Just to clarify, she didn’t actually damage any plants.)

44 minutes ago, Bound4Bermuda said:

My daughter found 2 ducks and I found one last week on Oasis. She thought it was fun. Granted, I had to tell her to stop pawing through the plants in Central Park looking for them, so there is some potential for damage, I suppose. (Just to clarify, she didn’t actually damage any plants.)

What did y'all do with the ducks?  

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 10:48 AM, soremekun said:

I just purchased a set of 100 ducks from Amazon.  I'm actually looking forward to hiding a few per cruise.

100... thats nothing... 😉I just ordered a set of 300 from AliExpress for about 50 bucks, will spread them all out in Central Park on our upcoming cruise 🤪

25 minutes ago, UnregisteredUser said:

100... thats nothing... 😉I just ordered a set of 300 from AliExpress for about 50 bucks, will spread them all out in Central Park on our upcoming cruise 🤪

The dudes from Duck Dynasty are going to be on your cruise. 🦆🔫 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, UnregisteredUser said:

Those must be the tiny ones.

On 8/25/2022 at 9:24 AM, UnregisteredUser said:

300 ducks?  You seriously need an intervention!😁

• 5 weeks later...

Go ahead and duck, but if you do duck, please do so responsibly. We were on Symphony of the Seas last spring break and we saw so many ducks "hidden" in Central Park that it often looked more like trash. One person bragged about 300 ducks on one cruise. Hide your ducking well so that it is not easy for kids to see.