Air2Sea Not able to get me to cruise: Will RCL issue refund or FCC or just out of luck?

28 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

How much did your cruise cost? Just wondered why the balked in the beginning? Must have been over 3 or 4 grand I would guess as to why they went to higher ups to get the okay.

Guess this shows others Air2Sea is all that as far as getting you to your ship.

Was multiple passengers, total over $15k.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad it's all worked out for you. Things like this should be pretty standard if your air is booked through them.

Could understand it if you'd booked independently, but if it's booked with them there is not much else you could do.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 12:28 PM, klfrodo said:

For those who are reading this thread and are interested in learning more about air travel and the cruise line programs, I'm going to share a link here in CruiseCritic that speaks to these programs. It was started by someone who is no longer with us but was very knowledgeable about this subject. The thread is old but is still relevant today.

Thank you for posting this link. I need to research "air deviation" and reread the explanation to better understand.

However, am I correct in thinking that the take away is to not be afraid to book your own air fare?

2 minutes ago, luv2sailAgain said:

Thank you for posting this link. I need to research "air deviation" and reread the explanation to better understand.

However, am I correct in thinking that the take away is to not be afraid to book your own air fare?

In this case RCL made things right by issuing FCC's, they wouldn't have done that if air had been booked independently.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

In this case RCL made things right by issuing FCC's, they wouldn't have done that if air had been booked independently.  

Thank you, I am wondering what to do about my cruise next summer from Barcelona. 

I will have insurance, but do wonder about how successful I would be should I need to make a claim.

Maybe if I booked Air2Sea and tried to get FCC and failed, I could fall back on the insurance.

Thanks for helping me think this through. Life is always complicated. Today's uncertainties make it ever worse.

2 hours ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Great news!  They are issuing FCC.  Whew!!!!

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

One of these situations that doesn't come up often and some low level managers not sure how to deal with it.  Nice to see that it worked out. (other than not being able to cruise)

So…that ties you into using the FCC for the flights through RC, doesn’t it? 
I’m glad you were at least offered that. 

Thanks for sharing.  You said airline problems (lots of staff shortages causing cancelled flights) was the cause so good that the airline did the refund.

Getting an FCC for the cruise seems unusual unless you had insurance through the cruiseline.  Or unless the cruise line was able to get the airline to cover the FCC.  Did they share any details?

Very glad it worked out.