Recent Emerald British Isles Cruises

silkworms

Hi all

On Emerald next month, thinking of being tested at the terminal in Southampton , have any previous

passengers on these cruises done this?  If so, where was the testing station.  We leave from

Ocean terminal but return to Mayflower.

Would be interested to know exactly where the Princess testing station is as it is described on the 

Princess website as ‘in or near to the terminal’.

When we got off Emerald at Ocean Terminal on 14th June there were cubicles set up with staff wearing PPE at one side of the baggage hall so I assumed this is where those wanting tests prior to boarding were sent to have them done.

got off emerald southampton may 9 ...tried to get a test at those cubicles as had been in quarantine...was told "maybe" but would have to wait two hours as they were testing only new crew boarding ship...no help at all.  went to heathrow where the line for test was two hours and they wanted $75..promised results in 40 minutes but did not get results until 12 hours...no phone number to call etc...apparently u can resister online for heathrow test to reduce wait...big hassle all around

3 hours ago, silkworms said:

Hi all

On Emerald next month, thinking of being tested at the terminal in Southampton , have any previous

passengers on these cruises done this?  If so, where was the testing station.  We leave from

Ocean terminal but return to Mayflower.

Would be interested to know exactly where the Princess testing station is as it is described on the 

Princess website as ‘in or near to the terminal’.

Lloyds pharmacies do the tests for £29.99 as someone kindly pointed out to me for our cruise this Friday. You can book online. I see there are two in Southampton within a 20 minute walk of the terminal but probably best getting them done before travelling down - just in case ! 

14 hours ago, doog442 said:

Lloyds pharmacies do the tests for £29.99 as someone kindly pointed out to me for our cruise this Friday. You can book online. I see there are two in Southampton within a 20 minute walk of the terminal but probably best getting them done before travelling down - just in case ! 

Thank you so much, have booked local Lloyds, hope they don’t let us down, I guess the terminal testing will have to be a back up prior to embarkation.

Please let us know if you have any problems with Lloyds and hope you enjoy your cruise. Would be good to hear your thoughts throughout.

2 hours ago, bustopher123 said:

Hi, have you used his company? I am looking at using them. Do princess accept the certificate from this company?

2 princess cruises using them, looked today gone upto £20.65pp

they do a 5 pack with separate test fee and cetificate(s) fee  which can be cheaper.

create an account I think the 30% discount kicks in if not all over the usual code places.

got wind of a cheaper option but limited locations.

https://conceptoclinic.as.me/schedule.php?appointmentType=23608687

1 hour ago, silkworms said:

Thank you so much, have booked local Lloyds, hope they don’t let us down, I guess the terminal testing will have to be a back up prior to embarkation.

Please let us know if you have any problems with Lloyds and hope you enjoy your cruise. Would be good to hear your thoughts throughout.

Just adding further info in case need an option - we cruised from Southampton on 9 May on Emerald and we had the tests done at the Regenerative Wellness Centre in the large Westquay Shopping Centre. It cost 39 pound and results emailed or printed for pick up in an hour. People had told us Boots do them but their two outlets in this area don't and they sent us to the place above.

59 minutes ago, leck57 said:

Just adding further info in case need an option - we cruised from Southampton on 9 May on Emerald and we had the tests done at the Regenerative Wellness Centre in the large Westquay Shopping Centre. It cost 39 pound and results emailed or printed for pick up in an hour. People had told us Boots do them but their two outlets in this area don't and they sent us to the place above.

Thank you for this extra info, very handy to keep.

Would love to know if you enjoyed this itinerary.

6 hours ago, silkworms said:

Hi. We've just done our tests at Lloyds and all good. I took the advice offered on here and contacted them beforehand just to confirm we were booked in. The pharmacist did the procedure (although let us do the nose swirling 🙃) and printed out the certificate . It took 20 minutes each.....don't forget your passport !

We can start packing for Friday 😂

Edited by doog442
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Hi. We've just done our tests at Lloyds and all good. I took the advice offered on here and contacted them beforehand just to confirm we were booked in. The pharmacist did the procedure (although let us do the nose swirling 🙃) and printed out the certificate . It took 20 minutes each.....don't forget your passport !

We can start packing for Friday 😂

Good stuff.  Doing ours tomorrow at our local Lloyds.  Possibly see you onboard Enchanted.

• Like 1

Did our video tests yesterday afternoon for tomorrow's Enchanted cruise. Seems a really silly thing to insist upon as there are so many ways that a video test could be manipulated. We have had two recent cruises where the testing was done at the port and that seems a much more sensible way of ensuring no-one is covid positive (as much as that is possible with testing) 

We went through Prenetics and the certificate was emailed to us within n a couple of hours.

One advantage of doing them before you leave is that you don't have the disappointment of receiving the bad news while sitting looking at the ship...

Anyway, now they are done then we are free to board. Woohoo!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, silkworms said:

Thank you for this extra info, very handy to keep.

Would love to know if you enjoyed this itinerary.

We thought the itinerary was great. Paris was rushed but other than that most ports were great and a lot of difference between each.