Move Up Offer

Wendylet

On 7/3/2022 at 8:59 AM, emmas gran said:

Our friends bid pre cruise Move Up to go from CS to RS and didn’t get it on Sil last September. When they boarded they enquired and got RS for less than their bid, went to Guest Services and told they would know within the hour, they got the full suite treatment.

It really depends on the Ships revenue Manager.    We had the same experience on Millennium and inquired when aboard.    The highest bid limit was 1,250 per person and we offered the Revenue 2,500.   The Revenue manager wanted  $5,000 which we turned down.   The RS sailed empty.  You never know.

BTW  the addition of the $5,000 over our CS was more than we could have purchased it for pre-cruise. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

1 minute ago, Bgwest said:

Is there any kind of a embarkation day lunch "perk" that is attached to AQ?

No.  Only people who get a lunch on embarkation day are people in suites and concierge.  AQ has the same lunch options as everyone else except suites and concierge.

3 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

No.  Only people who get a lunch on embarkation day are people in suites and concierge.  AQ has the same lunch options as everyone else except suites and concierge.

Thanks, good to know. Seems odd to me that AQ is a category above concierge but yet does not get the lunch perk that a lower category cabin does. 

10 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Thanks, good to know. Seems odd to me that AQ is a category above concierge but yet does not get the lunch perk that a lower category cabin does. 

I think it's because they had to give concierge something for people to book into it.  I think they don't get much else - afternoon snacks, access to a concierge, and maybe a helipad sailaway.

We originally booked it because it was a last minute booking to replace a May cruise canceled because of Covid, and the price difference between balcony and concierge wasn't much.  Original cruise was in Aqua so I was happy that I could get it back for not much more money.

Edited by abbydancer

I always put a Low Ball offer on a BidUp and so far have gotten every one  I bid on.

I do think with ships getting closer to full capacity that will probably change.

Like someone else said Book what you like and Bid on someting you may want to try!

We bid on an Aqua class upgrade and found we didn't care much for Blu (to crowded, noisy and ended up mostly ordering from the MDR menu) and never wanted to use the Spa so we are not bothering to bid on that again.

• Like 1

I never seem to have any luck with "move up's" and can only guess I need to offer more!!

However I'm sailing on edge on 30th July and 2 weeks ago all my offers expired except one - Good news? Maybe but it's stayed like that for over 2 weeks and I can't change anything. 

HELP - Anyone have any idea what's going on?

13 minutes ago, kstetser said:

How do you check your offers?   I made offers for our upcoming July 31st cruise - this is our first Celebrity sailing, so I'm still learning the ropes!

If you go back to the email confirming the bid, there's a link there to view or modify.  There might be a better way, but that worked for me.  For this cruise it was pending for a while, and then about 10 days before I got the email that it was accepted.  There were a lot of Aqua rooms available a couple days before my bid was accepted.

On 7/4/2022 at 1:33 PM, Bgwest said:

Concierge get a lunch on embarkation day, Aqua gets Blu for breakfast and dinner every day.  Most who book Aqua do so because they want to dine in Blu vs the MDR.

Going forward, the recent CC program changes mean that members do get a bump: 

"Classic members get an extra 1% multiplier, Select members get a 2% multiplier, Elite members get a 3% multiplier, Elite Plus members get a 4% multiplier, and Zenith members get a 5% multiplier."

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/program-changes

46 minutes ago, D. B. said:

Is the % multiplier a percentage Boost of the upgrade bid price?

Yes. A $1000 bid has the weight of a $1010, $1020, $1030, $1040, or $1050 bid, depending on CC level. 

Edited to add: the cynic in me thinks this is a way to get people to increase the amount they're willing to bid. "Hmmmm, I'm Select level, and my multiplyer is low, I guess I'd better bid more to compete against someone at a higher level."

Edited by MamaFej
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 1:12 PM, talljules1 said:

1. I checked frequently after bidding. My max bid, which was >$1100 pp remained the max bid.

Wow.  On our cruise at the end of the month the MINIMUM bid for moving to RS is $3,000pp.

No thanks - we'll keep our corner FV (M Class).

Mike

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MamaFej said:

the cynic in me thinks this is a way to get people to increase the amount they're willing to bid. "Hmmmm, I'm Select level, and my multiplyer is low, I guess I'd better bid more to compete against someone at a higher level."

While the cynic in me agrees with the cynic in you, the rationalist in me is trying to remind the cynic that the whole idea of bidding is to get people to increase the amount they are willing to bid. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1