Need to cancel a purchase with OBC

frenchmeg

Hello, 

I bought 2 restaurants with my OBC, I want to cancel it, get my OBC credit back and buy a dinning plg instead, my cruise is in 2 months.. 

Do I automatically get the OBC back, or does it take....

thks!

Lucie

As soon as you cancel the reservation, the method of payment is reversed, so any OBC goes back to your OBC total, and anything paid by CC will eventually go back to the card.

Do be aware that with a dining package you will not be able to make specific reservations before you board, so if you have any special dates that you want to guaranty, it is often better to book those individually....

It should not be a problem but the one time we tried a dining plan we could never get reservations for the days and times we wanted since we had to wait until we were onboard.  Ended up just asking for a refund on the dining plan.  Total PITA.

Just go into your cruise planner and cancel the reservation your OBC will be reinstated, generally within a few minutes.  

@Mr Click is correct that you can’t make reservations until you are on the ship.  IME being flexible with dates , times and restaurants is key.  We last bough a package for a cruise on Edge.  When we boarded at 11:30 went directly to desk to make reservations and there were none available for Eden and Fine Cut Steak House had openings  on day at 9:30pm . YMMV.  We now just pay full price and book ahead. 

Really quite easy to do.   As I'm doing one right now myself I shot a picture -

Just go to cruise and select PLAN Cruise

Click Order History and find the item you want to cancel and click Cancel

The amount will go back to your account quickly.   If purchased it will go back to credit card up until about  week before cruise and if cancelled from that point until 1 day before tour will be credited as  refundable OBC.

image.thumb.png.b0ad12abbbaf112fdab3a9f7ff150800.png

2 hours ago, frenchmeg said:

Hello, 

I bought 2 restaurants with my OBC, I want to cancel it, get my OBC credit back and buy a dinning plg instead, my cruise is in 2 months.. 

Do I automatically get the OBC back, or does it take....

thks!

Lucie

You will get it back the same day on your account.  However, if the days and times you have booked are those that you really want, be aware that you may not get the same with the dining package.  That has been our experience.  

We like to eat at 7 pm.  Very difficult to get those once onboard in our sailings.  

Eating late will work to your advantage.  Between my Type 2 diabetes and her fish, shellfish, if it ever swam allergies it was limiting for us.  Dinner much after 7pm did not work for me all all of the fish places, L'Petite Chef, Sushi on 5, The Lawn Club put real limits on us so it was easier to just cancel and do one night in the Tuscan Grill that our CC hostess made work for us.

4 hours ago, frenchmeg said:

thks everybody! Bought a 4 night package, hope we can book our times when we board.. oh boy.. we like to eat late, and a European cruise, so will keep our fingers crossed!

You should have no problems unless possibly if on a cruise with many Spaniards.   We usually eat at 9:00 PM and most times and most restaurants  are easy book except possibly first night that book up quickly.

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You should have no problems unless possibly if on a cruise with many Spaniards.

Alright, that made me laugh.  It's funny because it's true!