Help Needed for an Australian in Barcelona who has tested Positive to Covid prior to their Cruise

Just wanted to update everyone who has been so kind and helpful. I just received a reply to one of the many emails I have sent in the last few days apologizing for the delay in responding to me and they will process the cancellation of our reservation and the refund will take 30 - 45 days.

It doesn't excuse the appalling lack of assistance but it is definitely a relief to have some contact and a refund on the way.

Thanks to everyone for your comments and advice. 😊

• Like 15

1 hour ago, broberts said:

Did you take a second test in case the first was a false positive?

We probably should have but I think we were in such shock we didn't even think to. We were so busy trying to contact Royal Caribbean that took all of our attention. We have now tested negative but I feel that we may have been positive five days ago because I'm sure we'd been exposed somewhere with all the coughing and sneezing here in Spain with almost no mask wearing, even though we have been wearing our masks.

• Thanks 1

I am so sorry you have had to go through this ordeal it is so unfair.

Hoping now you can relax and enjoy the rest of your time in Barcelona now being negative and feeling ok. Horrible what has happened to you.

Wishing you all the best for the rest of your duration in Barcelona and a safe journey home when you return home to Australia. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just wanted to update those of you who were so helpful when I was initially in this situation.

I received a full refund of my cruise fare and shore excursions to my credit card on July 6. The refund actually came through before we got back to Australia.

I find this amazing considering the lack of assistance at the time and that I was told the refund would take 30 - 45 days. Well done to Royal Caribbean admin in Australia on getting my refund done as soon as they responded to my email. They have restored my faith in Royal Caribbean.

Thanks to everyone. 😊

• Like 10

57 minutes ago, PurpleTraveller said:

Hi,

Just wanted to update those of you who were so helpful when I was initially in this situation.

I received a full refund of my cruise fare and shore excursions to my credit card on July 6. The refund actually came through before we got back to Australia.

I find this amazing considering the lack of assistance at the time and that I was told the refund would take 30 - 45 days. Well done to Royal Caribbean admin in Australia on getting my refund done as soon as they responded to my email. They have restored my faith in Royal Caribbean.

Thanks to everyone. 😊

That is good to hear. However, I still think it is lame how you were totally out there on your own when you really needed to talk to someone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurpleTraveller said:

Hi,

Thanks to everyone. 😊

this is excellent, thanks for the update

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is good to hear. However, I still think it is lame how you were totally out there on your own when you really needed to talk to someone.

Thank you. I am very pleased to get our refund but will be contacting Royal Caribbean to follow up on the lack of assistance that we didn't receive.

• Like 1