Current Princess Plus and Premium Wine Lists

6 hours ago, as400guy said:

I drink a few glasses of wine and bottles of beer every day.  My wife does not drink alcohol.

Has anyone had luck with a Plus or Premier package DISCOUNT for the one of us that does not drink?

I have heard ( so don't depend on it being set in stone) that if you wait until you board and then buy the upgraded package, you need only buy one for the passenger who drinks. However that doesn't cover the other one of you for the other parts of the package that don't involve alcohol. You would have to do the maths for that. Can you get by with only one wi-fi connection? Do you need the soda package? etc etc etc.

7 hours ago, as400guy said:

I drink a few glasses of wine and bottles of beer every day.  My wife does not drink alcohol.

Has anyone had luck with a Plus or Premier package DISCOUNT for the one of us that does not drink?

I've heard that if you contact Princess by phone they can allow one person in a cabin to have the Plus package and the other to just pay the Standard fare. I've heard of 3-4 people getting that over the past year. 

However if your wife drinks speciality coffees, bottled water, sodas and mocktails it may still be worth her having Plus, especially if you both want internet.

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've heard that if you contact Princess by phone they can allow one person in a cabin to have the Plus package and the other to just pay the Standard fare. I've heard of 3-4 people getting that over the past year. 

However if your wife drinks speciality coffees, bottled water, sodas and mocktails it may still be worth her having Plus, especially if you both want internet.

I agree that you should be able to contact your agent (or Princess if you booked directly) to have one passenger pay the plus fare and the other pay the standard fare.

As for a non-drinker going with plus, I think it is better if they go with a standard fare and purchase the non-alcoholic package @ $30 per day. The extra $35 for plus only adds internet, bottled water & hideous desserts.

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-and-soda-package-disclaimer/

I can vouch that you can purchase one standard fare and one plus or premium fare when booking. I usually book direct through Princess.   Son and I did it several times last summer.  I believe that the new rule came in sometime in December.  I drink tea or coffee so miss the coffee card.  Was advised to buy the non alcoholic package for $40 - no no no.  Don't drink that much coffee. 

• 2 weeks later...

We have the Premium Package for a short October cruise - is the wine by glass offerings previously noted here the current list or has this been updated ? Apparently there is a Champagne available by the glass or is that the Aussie Bubbly version ?  (Like the Shaw Smith M3 Chardonnay) Thanks for any info .