Crown Princess - Icy Strait Point Today (6/29)?

TheValleyGirl

Can anyone onboard Crown Princess confirm whether there was port time at Icy Strait Point today?  I snapped this bridge cam photo rather late, so don't know how long she's been there or whether my eyes are deceiving me!  So many questions, but mainly how long pax were given in port and whether Princess operated shore excursions.  We would all love to hear some good news!

A live picture from the bridge of the Crown Princess

7 hours ago, Alcairns said:

Cruise mapper indicates she did call at Icy Strait yesterday and now on way to Victoria.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/

Thanks all for your help in ship tracking!  I did post in this week's cruise roll call as well wondering-- I believe this may have been the 1st or 2nd time actually making it in ISP with the revised "slower" itinerary this season.  We certainly welcome the good news!

14 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

According to Marine Traffic, the Crown left Hoonah.  Not sure if this is a replacement or the port they actually use for Icy Strait Point.  

Hoonah is the name of the city where Icy Strait Point is located.  Icy Strait Point is a tourist attraction that is owned and operated by the native peoples of the area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, tja273 said:

Crown was at ISP from 5-8pm as scheduled. Not much to do, and one of the few restaurants was closed. Unless you want crab or smoked meats, eat on the ship.

Where is the crab?

And I heard something about Bloody Marys?

3 hours ago, suzyed said:

Where is the crab?

And I heard something about Bloody Marys?

There is a shack down by the old pier where the sell (or used to sell) king crab leg bloody Mary’s. Very good - a meal in itself!

Yes!  We made it!  A little late (30ish minutes; supposed to dock at 5) getting off the ship and we did the Princess Wildlife/Whale watching excursion).  Loved it!  Lots of whales.  Would love to go back to Icy Strait for a longer stop. Brought us back about 8:10.  Ship supposed to leave at 8, but maybe since excursion got a late start??   Then electrical issues announced at dinner so ship didn’t actual leave until maybe around 9?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...