Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

33 minutes ago, Fieldofdreams said:

Wanted to provide general feedback for forum readers. Just called Viking directly and my agent to see if we could take advantage of this promo. Asked if we could move from a DV4 to PV1 given the PV1 is currently at the same price as what we booked the DV4. The promotion also included free air which we were not asking for. The answer from Viking was the promotion is only for new bookings. The conversation with my TA, who has been in the business for 42 years said that Viking has become increasingly less flexible with regard to any changes once the cruise is booked. As he said, Viking likes to have their money early, sell at a higher market price and not make any changes to the reservation once booked. To me it is both a learning experience and a shame that Viking from this perspective leaves the consumer with a slightly sour taste even before the cruise starts. I am certain the trip will still be enjoyable however I know I will still think about the difference of $5,500, especially since we have already booked a second Viking cruise in September 2023. This seems to be supportive of much of what I have read on the Viking forum. Hope this helps others in some measure.

I presume your cruise is too close to make it worthwhile canceling and rebooking even if you have to pay a penalty?

2 hours ago, Fieldofdreams said:

Viking likes to have their money early, sell at a higher market price and not make any changes to the reservation once booked. To me it is both a learning experience and a shame that Viking from this perspective leaves the consumer with a slightly sour taste even before the cruise starts.

This was what I had to go through with my March 2022 cruise.  But we are veering off-topic on a dead horse...  😱

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Friends booked the Iceland to Bergen cruise with a $999 Prem Econ promo. 

Are they coming from the US? Because we have a PE promo (a bit higher) for the Bergen to Iceland cruise but did not find any PE cabins on carriers from Iceland to Seattle (or other transits like Minneapolis or Chicago). So we are doing Viking’s fare on Delta/KLM over the pole from Seattle to Bergen via AMS in PE, and booked one-way Saga class (business) on our own from KEF to Seattle.

4 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

Are they coming from the US? Because we have a PE promo (a bit higher) for the Bergen to Iceland cruise but did not find any PE cabins on carriers from Iceland to Seattle (or other transits like Minneapolis or Chicago). So we are doing Viking’s fare on Delta/KLM over the pole from Seattle to Bergen via AMS in PE, and booked one-way Saga class (business) on our own from KEF to Seattle.

They are. I looked earlier today and the possibilities appear to be either NC to Toronto to Reykjavik or NC to Europe and then backtracking to Iceland.  Disembarking they can fly several ways back home in PE. 

I just checked GoogleFlights and Air Canada has PE from KEF to SEA via YYZ but I guess Viking doesn’t have a contract with AC so don’t know if our friends will end up having to fly all the way to Europe and then fly back.  

Edited by Clay Clayton

19 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

They are. I looked earlier today and the possibilities appear to be either NC to Toronto to Reykjavik or NC to Europe and then backtracking to Iceland.  Disembarking they can fly several ways back home in PE. 

I just checked GoogleFlights and Air Canada has PE from KEF to SEA via YYZ but I guess Viking doesn’t have a contract with AC so don’t know if our friends will end up having to fly all the way to Europe and then fly back.  

And who wants to make an 8 hour flight into a 15 hour one? Even in PE? I know, I know, we’re having to go via AMS so flight is longer, but not a bad trek.

10 hours ago, LindaS272 said:

And who wants to make an 8 hour flight into a 15 hour one? Even in PE? I know, I know, we’re having to go via AMS so flight is longer, but not a bad trek.

And I suspect the second leg from LHR or FRA won’t be in PE so hopefully they will soon be able to find out how they have been booked.  I’ve taken your experience of already knowing your flights to suggest that @hunky call and see if they have been booked. 

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

And I suspect the second leg from LHR or FRA won’t be in PE so hopefully they will soon be able to find out how they have been booked.  I’ve taken your experience of already knowing your flights to suggest that @hunky call and see if they have been booked. 

We sprang for VA+ so called with our preferred routing. Haven’t asked for ticketing just yet but will soon. Without VA+ our itinerary wasn’t going to be posted in MVJ until April 5 for a July 5 cruise.

Great Thanksgiving promotion for the river! If anyone sees any Thanksgiving Black Friday promos for Oceans please post!!!

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/river/THX22/20221119?contid=30642908401_1032268365&utm_id=email_vrc.54611602&cid=EML|RSP|999|vrc.54611602&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=55presale

47875544-80BC-4C28-B0D6-F6B7ED8E8D61.jpeg

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SBR2022 said:

Edited by SBR2022
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SBR2022 said:

Thanks @SBR2022

Offer EHT22:

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/EHT22/20221019 

THANKSGIVING SALE
FREE Roundtrip Airfare
plus Prepaid Gratuities

Offer ends Nov 30, 2022

Offer EHT22:
Offer valid on bookings made from Oct 19 to Nov 30, 2022. Free roundtrip airfare and prepaid gratuities valid on 

• Jun, Jul & Sep 2023 departures of Eastern Seaboard Explorer
  • Sep & Oct 2023 departures of Canada & New England Scenic Shores
  • Dec 2023 & Feb 2024 departures of Hawaiian Islands Sojourn
  • Oct-Dec 2023 departures of Classic Panama Canal Passage
  • Oct & Nov 2022; Jan & Feb 2024 departures of Panama Canal & Central America
  • Oct & Dec 2022; Jan & Mar 2024 departures of Panama Canal & the Pacific Coast

Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Nov 30, 2022; pay in full by Dec 15, 2022 or at time of booking if within 90 days of departure. Offer expires Nov 30, 2022. 

EHT22 appears to be an update/revision of Offer FDA23 <see post #240>, which ended Oct 31, adding prepaid gratuities, but only a subset of the voyages originally covered in FDA23.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dang, I want one for our already booked (but with only $25 deposit) cruise next July before our final payment is due in January🤞 and is it just me or does only two days to cruise from Rhode Island to Fort Lauderdale seem to be pushing it a bit?

Edited by Clay Clayton

Dang, I want one for our already booked (but with only $25 deposit) cruise next July before our final payment is due in January🤞 

Clay - we are on that Montreal to FLL cruise next Sept.  Was going to cancel and rebook, but Viking said their software now will not allow you to do that old trick of cancelling and rebooking the same cruise (when the savings are greater than the $100 pp penalty).  Anyone else hear about that new thing?

is it just me or does only two days to cruise from Rhode Island to Fort Lauderdale seem to be pushing it a bit?

Yes Clay, I wondered as well about Rhode Island to FLL in 2 days!  Looking it up, it is 1019 nautical miles.  Viking Mars leaves Newport 2 PM Sat. and arrives 7 AM Tue in FLL.  (41 hours).  That means averaging 25 nautical miles/hour, or nearly 29 mph.   Don't think that's likely.  Will be interesting to see what happens!

3 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

UWD, thanks, did you receive Thanksgiving offer as email?  I was not aware of this offer. One of the cruises I have been looking at is on the list.

@FetaCheese The EHT22 Viking Oceans Thanksgiving offer was posted originally by @SBR2022 and, based upon the link attributes, was an email offer.  I didn't receive that email, but re-posted with the generic link and copied the more specific applicable voyage details found at the Viking web link for the benefit of our CC group.

I did receive the THX22 Viking Rivers Thanksgiving email offer, which @Clay Clayton had posted, but I received my email at 9:09 PM, while Clay had already posted the offer at 6:40 AM.  Maybe emails to me are delayed because it takes more time for the electrons to reach the west coast than the east coast.

Since it appears the Viking offers are targeted to sub-groups, us sharing the offers within our CC group allows others to be aware and take advantage of possible promotions for which we are not part of a Viking targeted group.

Edited by UWDawg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Clay - we are on that Montreal to FLL cruise next Sept.  Was going to cancel and rebook, but Viking said their software now will not allow you to do that old trick of cancelling and rebooking the same cruise (when the savings are greater than the $100 pp penalty).  Anyone else hear about that new thing?

No.  That’s crazy. Might make me cancel just for the spite of it. 

Edited by Clay Clayton

3 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Yes Clay, I wondered as well about Rhode Island to FLL in 2 days!  Looking it up, it is 1019 nautical miles.  Viking Mars leaves Newport 2 PM Sat. and arrives 7 AM Tue in FLL.  (41 hours).  That means averaging 25 nautical miles/hour, or nearly 29 mph.   Don't think that's likely.  Will be interesting to see what happens!

Isn’t 17 knots about the max Viking’s ships typically go when “going fast?”  

4 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Mississippi Promo!

Here is a link to the MST22 Mississippi Promo offer that @Clay Clayton posted above:

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/river/MST22/20221101

FREE Airfare
Save up to $1,700 per couple 
FREE Stateroom Upgrade

Offer ends Nov 26, 2022

Call 1-866-910-0556 for details
Ask for Offer "MST22"

Offer MST22:
Offer valid on bookings made from Nov 16 to Nov 26, 2022. Complimentary category upgrade up to Deluxe Veranda (DV1) plus free roundtrip airfare valid on select Jan-Feb 2023 departures of Heart of Delta; select Jan 2023 departures of New Orleans & Southern Charms. Savings up to $1,700 per couple based on Feb 18, 2023 departure of Heart of Delta in category DV1. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Nov 26, 2022; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Nov 26, 2022.

• Thanks 1

Just wondering if any Canadians are getting emails about promos.  We have been on 4 Viking cruises and have 2 more booked, but have never received promo offers.  I have signed up online for offers to no avail.  The promo for one of our future cruises was posted by a member on cruise critic.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Islandbc said:

Just wondering if any Canadians are getting emails about promos.  We have been on 4 Viking cruises and have 2 more booked, but have never received promo offers.  I have signed up online for offers to no avail.  The promo for one of our future cruises was posted by a member on cruise critic.  Thank you!

Your "problem" is that you have additional cruises booked.

Viking therefore feels there is no need to send promo material to you.

22 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

Your "problem" is that you have additional cruises booked.

Viking therefore feels there is no need to send promo material to you.

Might be a different problem.

We have several (5) cruises booked.

We get the Viking promotional offers via email all the time, including the ones reference above.