Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

Double Past Guest Discount is back

Promo EBD

DISCOVER MORE Sale

Viking River ship

Europe’s treasures await

Dramatic Gothic cathedrals, imposing medieval castles and charming storybook villages—fascinating history comes to life when you embark on a European river voyage. From the timeless windmills of Kinderdijk and grand palaces of Vienna to the extraordinary vestiges of the Roman Empire in Southern France, iconic landmarks await your exploration. Reserve your stateroom during our Discover More Sale and receive a Double Past Guest Discount of up to $800 in savings per couple. Plus, enjoy up to FREE airfare, special fares and more on the featured voyages below.

LEARN MORE

Offer EBD: $25 deposit plus, double past guest discount & special fares valid on bookings made from Jan 2 to Jan 31, 2024. Cruise from $2,199 per person based on select Nov 2024 departures of Rhine Getaway; Romantic Danube; Danube Waltz in category F; cruise from $2,599 per person based on select Nov 2024 departures of Lyon & Provence in category F; cruise from $4,999 per person based on select Nov 2024 departures of Grand European Tour in category F; subject to availability, other categories may be higher. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Book and deposit by Jan 31, 2024. 2024: Pay in full by Feb 29, 2024 or at 120 days prior to departure (whichever comes first). 2025: Pay in full by Jun 30, 2024. 2026: Pay in full by Jan 15, 2025

Air Promo: FREE international airfare based on select Jul-Aug & Nov-Dec 2024 departures of Grand European Tour. $599 international airfare based on select Nov 2024 departures of Rhine Getaway; Romantic Danube; Danube Waltz; Lyon & Provence. Call for details. Air prices are per person based on cruise or cruise tour check-in date and include transfers. Air seats are limited; airfares are subject to change until full payment of air is received. Airfares vary on other gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Ask for Offer EBD. Offer expires Jan 31, 2024.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 3

$400 OBC Promo: NTB24

DISCOVER MORE Sale

Up to FREE Airfare  |  $25 Deposit
New Guest Offer: $400 Shipboard Credit per Couple

Viking River ship

Europe’s treasures await

Dramatic Gothic cathedrals, imposing medieval castles and charming storybook villages—fascinating history comes to life when you embark on a European river voyage. From the timeless windmills of Kinderdijk and grand palaces of Vienna to the extraordinary vestiges of the Roman Empire in Southern France, iconic landmarks await your exploration. Reserve your stateroom during our Discover More Sale and receive a New Guest Offer of $400 in shipboard credit per couple. Plus, enjoy up to FREE airfare, special fares and more on the featured voyages below.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED RIVER VOYAGES

Rhine Getaway
Rhine Getaway

Basel to Amsterdam

$25 Deposit &
Reduced International Airfare
Plus, Special Fares &
$400 Shipboard Credit per Couple

Departures: Mar–Nov
2024, 2025 & 2026

DAYS

TOURS

$2,199*

FROM

Romantic Danube
Romantic Danube

Budapest to Regensburg

$25 Deposit &
Plus, Special Fares &

2024, 2025 & 2026

DAYS

TOURS

$2,199*

FROM

Danube Waltz
Danube Waltz

Budapest to Passau

$25 Deposit &
Plus, Special Fares &

2024, 2025 & 2026

DAYS

TOURS

$2,199*

FROM

Lyon and Provence
Lyon & Provence

Avignon to Lyon

$25 Deposit &
Plus, Special Fares &

2024, 2025 & 2026

DAYS

TOURS

$2,599*

FROM

Grand European Tour
Grand European Tour

Budapest to Amsterdam

$25 Deposit &
FREE International Airfare
Plus, Special Fares &

Departures: Mar–Dec
2024, 2025 & 2026

DAYS

TOURS

$4,999*

FROM

EXTEND YOUR VOYAGE

Budapest
Budapest

Extend your Grand European Tour voyage with two additional nights in the “Pearl of the Danube” and cross the famous Chain Bridge to explore both hilly Buda and romantic Pest.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED ON VIKING‌.‌TV

Vienna’s Iconic Architecture
Vienna’s Iconic Architecture

Join Viking’s Joost Ouendag for an introduction to the ornate architecture and remarkable landmarks you can discover in Austria’s opulent capital.

WATCH NOW ON VIKING.TV
SOC_Facebook SOC_YouTube SOC_Instagram SOC_Pinterest

* per person |  on select departures

Offer NTB24: $25 deposit plus, $400 shipboard credit per couple & special fares valid on bookings made from Jan 2 to Jan 31, 2024. Cruise from $2,199 per person based on select Nov 2024 departures of Rhine Getaway; Romantic Danube; Danube Waltz in category F; cruise from $2,599 per person based on select Nov 2024 departures of Lyon & Provence in category F; cruise from $4,999 per person based on select Nov 2024 departures of Grand European Tour in category F; subject to availability, other categories may be higher. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Book and deposit by Jan 31, 2024. 2024: Pay in full by Feb 29, 2024 or at 120 days prior to departure (whichever comes first). 2025: Pay in full by Jun 30, 2024. 2026: Pay in full by Jan 15, 2025.

Air Promo: FREE international airfare based on select Jul-Aug & Nov-Dec 2024 departures of Grand European Tour. $599 international airfare based on select Nov 2024 departures of Rhine Getaway; Romantic Danube; Danube Waltz; Lyon & Provence. Call for details. Air prices are per person based on cruise or cruise tour check-in date and include transfers. Air seats are limited; airfares are subject to change until full payment of air is received. Airfares vary on other gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Ask for Offer NTB24. Offer expires Jan 31, 2024.

48 minutes ago, Reaniel said:

Hmm...  I wonder what exactly does it mean by "new guests".  Does this mean this will somehow negate the returning guest discount?

Certainly appears that way.  I would think this is an attempt aimed at getting new Viking customers - by giving them the same $400 as if they had already been a customer.   Often a common technique in travel marketing.

1 hour ago, Reaniel said:

Hmm...  I wonder what exactly does it mean by "new guests".  Does this mean this will somehow negate the returning guest discount?

Did a live chat.  Chat agent said it's only for new to Viking guests.  Past guests are not eligible for this NTB24 promo code.

Guess I have too many emails registered with Viking.  LOLOL

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

I just noticed there is a new Cities of Antiquity itinerary that now includes Malta.

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/europe/cities-antiquity/index.html

It looks like the new Cities of Antiquity cruise removed the Holy Land and has substituted stops in Sicily and Malta. 

I also heard that at the World Cruise bon voyage party in LA, Torstein Hagen made a comment about the situation in the Red Sea and they may have to go around the Cape of Good Hope.

Free Stateroom upgrade, double past guest discount.

Promo JM24

SPECIAL OFFER

Ask for offer JM24

Mississippi Special Offer

The “Mighty Mississippi” awaits

Stroll through the lively French Quarter in New Orleans. Attend a rollicking blues performance in Memphis. Or visit Mark Twain’s childhood home in Missouri. It all comes together on a Mississippi River voyage with us, where you can gain insights into the region’s culture through immersive onshore excursions and informative onboard presentations. Reserve your stateroom on board the elegant Viking Mississippi today and enjoy a very special offer—FREE roundtrip airfare, a FREE stateroom upgrade and a Double Past Guest Discount of up to $800 per couple per couple. Choose from the inspiring voyages below, which includes two new itineraries exploring fascinating segments of this iconic river starting in 2024.

• Thanks 2

Viking Cruises

Call Viking at 844-682-0762
or contact your travel advisor 

LIMITED-TIME OFFER

FREE International Airfare  |  Special Fares 
   UP to $1,000 Shipboard Credit per Couple

Ask for offer AVS24 • Expires ‍January‍ ‍31‍‍,‍ ‍2024‍

Embark on an ocean voyage this spring

Embark on an ocean voyage this spring

Marvel at the mighty Parthenon in Athens. Witness Norway’s breathtaking landscapes under the light of the ‍midnight‍ ‍sun‍. Or discover Italy’s frozen-in-time city of Pompeii. Immersive experiences await in some of the world’s most fascinating destinations when you join us on an ocean voyage this spring. Reserve your preferred stateroom on board one of our small, award-winning ships by ‍January‍ ‍31‍ and you can enjoy FREE international airfare, special fares and a shipboard credit of up to $1,000 per couple. There is no better time to explore.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED OCEAN VOYAGES

Ancient Mediterranean Treasures
Ancient Mediterranean
Treasures

Athens to Istanbul

Plus, Special Fares &
Up to $1,000 Shipboard Credit*

On ‍Mar‍ 6, ‍13‍ & ‍April‍ ‍6‍,‍
2024 Departures

ASK FOR OFFER: AVS24

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Into the Midnight Sun
Into the ‍Midnight‍ ‍Sun‍

Bergen to London

Plus, Special Fares &

On Select May & Jun 
2024 Departures

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Trade Routes of the Middle Ages
Trade Routes of the
Middle Ages 

Barcelona to Bergen

Plus, Special Fares &

On ‍May‍ ‍13‍, 2024 Departure

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Iceland & Norway's Arctic Explorer
Iceland & Norway's
Arctic Explorer

Bergen to Reykjavík

Plus, Special Fares &

On ‍May‍ ‍27‍, 2024 Departure

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

Asia to Europe Grand Passage

NEW ITINERARY

Asia to Europe
Grand Passage

Singapore to London

Plus, Special Fares &

On ‍Mar‍ ‍13‍, 2024 Departure

DAYS

TOURS

COUNTRIES

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We booked this offer yesterday for the Southern Atlantic Crossing, Buenos Aires to Barcelona, March 17-April 7.  Free airfare, past guest discount, $400 per couple OBC and an overall lower fare due to many sea days (which we love.)  There were quite a few sold out dates/cabins at our price point, etc. so it came down to a choice of two cruises with better dates on this one.  There were a few not shown in the ad which pop up if you click on Learn More.

• Like 2

Looking for codes for expedition or river trips in 2025. 

I’ve made notes of a couple to give to the onboard travel consultant 

River code

NTB24

EBD

expedition 

Avs24

any others I might have missed? Also looking for TA recommendation. If you can post that on cc please email me at:

Celeste@vagabondguild.com

• Like 2

AVS24 discount code:    In January 2023, we booked a PV1 for Into The Midnight Sun leaving London on July 26th, 2024. When I repriced it online using the discount code, I saw we could save $3,000.  

I contacted Viking via chat and they repriced our fare using the same booking number (no cancellation / rebook needed so we saved the $100 per person cancellation fees).  Net-net, we ended up saving $3,400 plus received $1000 in onboard credits.  Credit was applied to the credit card we used for final payment.   Great deal!

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, WestW said:

AVS24 discount code:    In January 2023, we booked a PV1 for Into The Midnight Sun leaving London on July 26th, 2024. When I repriced it online using the discount code, I saw we could save $3,000.  

I contacted Viking via chat and they repriced our fare using the same booking number (no cancellation / rebook needed so we saved the $100 per person cancellation fees).  Net-net, we ended up saving $3,400 plus received $1000 in onboard credits.  Credit was applied to the credit card we used for final payment.   Great deal!

Fantastic!  I've never seen that able to be done.

We've tried before and Viking has said you have to cancel the current booking and rebook with a new booking number.  And that was just this fall!

I'm amazed!  Maybe it is something new in 2024.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

We've tried before and Viking has said you have to cancel the current booking and rebook with a new booking number.  And that was just this fall!

I was surprised to read this was done as well! 

On 1/15/2024 at 6:05 PM, CCWineLover said:

Maybe Viking finally got tired of us cancelling and rebooking.  Not worth their time when the deposits are $25 per person for at least a year now.  😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Florida Founder, many thanks for posting the AVS24 code.  We booked one day earlier without it, and when I saw this post, called Viking, they applied it and we saved 3600 plus shipboard credit.  I never knew this thread existed, but now I will always post the deals I receive.  I was just frustrated by the price, Into the Midnight Sun, and probably would have cancelled had I not found this.  Now it is a go!

FYI, and you all probably know much more than I do, but once you book, it appears to me that you will no longer receive mailings and notifications of sales that include your trip, until after cancellation charges begin.  

Anyway, thanks to all of you for doing this...I am so glad to have found this thread and be able to add to it when appropriate.

• Like 4

On 1/15/2024 at 5:28 PM, WestW said:

Question-

Did you transfer this booking to a travel agent?

I'm looking to do the same thing.

And the Flounder is the best!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MikeyB said:

Question-

Did you transfer this booking to a travel agent?

I'm looking to do the same thing.

And the Flounder is the best!

We originally booked this on a cruise we were on and never transferred it to an agent.  Plus, because this was an adjustment of an existing cruise booked over a year ago, we couldn't transfer to a travel agent when we applied AVS24. 

We also didn't use the "free economy airfare" that AVS24 offered since we already had business class tickets that we booked ourselves.  But the discounted business class fare they offered was about what we paid since we booked so far in advance. 

Still, saved $3400 plus got $1000 in onboard credits from the promotion. We did the revision via the Chat function. Not sure if this is why we didn't have to cancel/rebook to take advantage of the promotion. 

Edited by WestW

6 minutes ago, WestW said:

We originally booked this on a cruise we were on and never transferred it to an agent.  Plus, because this was an adjustment of an existing cruise booked over a year ago, we couldn't transfer to a travel agent when we applied AVS24. 

We also didn't use the "free economy airfare" that AVS24 offered since we already had business class tickets that we booked ourselves.  But the discounted business class fare they offered was about what we paid since we booked so far in advance. 

Still, saved $3400 plus got $1000 in onboard credits from the promotion. We did the revision via the Chat function. Not sure if this is why we didn't have to cancel/rebook to take advantage of the promotion. 

Thank you for fast reply.

My sorry story-

Viking has lowered their fares for Egyptian river cruises for 2024.  I booked in September 2023.

I'm not at final payment and wanted a price adjustment in light of what you wrote.  I have a Viking agent as well as a TA.

Called the Viking agent first and was told that this was a matter for my TA to contact Viking.

Called my TA and we actually got into an argument.  My TA swore that Viking would never do a price adjustment and that it would be "a waste of time to call".  I told her to call.

She called.

Less than 30 minutes later I received a revised invoice with a savings of almost $3K.

No apology from my TA.  Fairy Tales can come true........

Thank you WestW!

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

My TA swore that Viking would never do a price adjustment and that it would be "a waste of time to call".  I told her to call.

She called.

Less than 30 minutes later I received a revised invoice with a savings of almost $3K.

No apology from my TA.  Fairy Tales can come true........

Thank you WestW!

Glad it worked out.  Never hurts to try - 30 minutes of effort for $3000 in savings! I wonder how the adjustment impacted the TA (if any).