On 7/19/2024 at 11:41 AM, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:
Viking Cruises

Call Viking at 844-675-0421
or contact your travel advisor

LIMITED-TIME OFFER

Up to FREE International Airfare | FREE Stateroom Upgrade*
Reduced Fares

Ask for offer ANT24 • Expires July‌ 31‌, 2024‌

This one struck gold for me - Octantis in January - Falklands, South Georgia, Ant. Same dates / same cabin. Your kindness in posting these just saved us $14K CDN. Many, many thanks! 🍻🥌

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, CurlerRob said:

This one struck gold for me - Octantis in January - Falklands, South Georgia, Ant. Same dates / same cabin. Your kindness in posting these just saved us $14K CDN. Many, many thanks! 🍻🥌

Enjoy!  That will pay for the lie-flat seats.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, CurlerRob said:

WooHoo!!! 🥳

Now that's some savings!!! 👍🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:

Nope, I get these promo codes on my one and only email attached to Viking.

I've been on 15 trips with Viking and have been sailing with them since 2015 so I'm not sure why I all of a sudden started getting these.🤷‍♀️

I'm not complaining though.🙃

You're lucky! I've been on 14 trips with Viking and do not get codes from Viking.  The only codes I are from this website.  Thank you to everyone who posts.

56 minutes ago, snoopy2001 said:

You're lucky! I've been on 14 trips with Viking and do not get codes from Viking.  The only codes I are from this website.  Thank you to everyone who posts.

Viking is too busy emailing verification codes (unwanted by moi and others who prefer using a password) to access MVJ, of course for the convenience of customers.🧐

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Hanoj said:

Viking is too busy emailing verification codes (unwanted by moi and others who prefer using a password) to access MVJ, of course for the convenience of customers.🧐

I agree the new sign-in for MVJ is annoying. Prefer to use my password instead of a verification code EACH time I sign-in. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CurlerRob said:

This is wonderful but if you are comfortable, can you please share what cabin/category and what price you paid.  We really want to do an expedition but the code only takes a couple USD off per person....still too expensive in MHO.    Thank you for any info.   So grateful for this roll call.  Thank you to all that post codes.   

3 hours ago, Travelingwithstyle said:

This is wonderful but if you are comfortable, can you please share what cabin/category and what price you paid.  We really want to do an expedition but the code only takes a couple USD off per person....still too expensive in MHO.    Thank you for any info.   So grateful for this roll call.  Thank you to all that post codes.   

Just my 2 cents:

I don't mind saying that a particular promo saved me X$.

Nor do I mind saying that the cruise I booked 2 years ago has gone up in price by 40%.

I'm not sure I could post how much I paid for a cruise.  Somebody could post that they paid less and that would make me unhappy.  Somebody could post that they paid more and that would make them unhappy.

I think it's a personal thing and what you pay is what you feel comfortable paying.

However, I know you asked @CurlerRob and he might feel differently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Travelingwithstyle said:

I prefer not to share the specific details and I don't think they would be relevant in any case - but in looking at your comment that the offer code "only takes a couple USD off per person", I was curious enough to go back and look at the offer code impact on a number of Antarctic cruises.

I discovered that both the original cruise price and the level of offer savings is highly dependent on two factors (as always): the voyage date and the cabin class. What surprised me was the degree to which pricing changed depending on both factors. Looking at various combinations yielded cruise prices that varied by many thousands of dollars pp, depending on the choices you make.

For example, one cruise I tested shows significant reductions across all cabin classes when using the code for a January/25 sailing - but those reduced prices are identical to the base prices for the same trip in Nov/25 - the code does nothing for the Nov trip. In this example, timing is the controlling factor. Other trips were quite different in how they played out.

I presume you've done a mock booking in order to make the statement about limited savings. If  you want to see the impact of the offer code, do the mock booking including the offer code, pick your cabin class, look at the price, then remove the offer code. That will clearly show the difference. If there's no difference, then the voyage you're looking at is not affected by the offer code. But also look at the effect of when you look to sail.

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have posted the savings value - my intent was only to express my appreciation to @FLORIDA FLOUNDER for making me aware of an opportunity that I otherwise would likely have missed (I'm among those who don't seem to get many of the promos and I don't spend a lot of time revisiting the current pricing on a booked cruise - although I may alter that behaviour going forward!).

When we booked the cruise originally, we decided that the price was acceptable for the value we perceived. Being fortunate enough to realize a major savings just increases the value proposition for us. Only you can decide if any expedition price represents value to you. 

Happy cruising! 🍺🥌

• Like 5

5 hours ago, CurlerRob said:

I prefer not to share the specific details and I don't think they would be relevant in any case - but in looking at your comment that the offer code "only takes a couple USD off per person", I was curious enough to go back and look at the offer code impact on a number of Antarctic cruises.

I discovered that both the original cruise price and the level of offer savings is highly dependent on two factors (as always): the voyage date and the cabin class. What surprised me was the degree to which pricing changed depending on both factors. Looking at various combinations yielded cruise prices that varied by many thousands of dollars pp, depending on the choices you make.

For example, one cruise I tested shows significant reductions across all cabin classes when using the code for a January/25 sailing - but those reduced prices are identical to the base prices for the same trip in Nov/25 - the code does nothing for the Nov trip. In this example, timing is the controlling factor. Other trips were quite different in how they played out.

I presume you've done a mock booking in order to make the statement about limited savings. If  you want to see the impact of the offer code, do the mock booking including the offer code, pick your cabin class, look at the price, then remove the offer code. That will clearly show the difference. If there's no difference, then the voyage you're looking at is not affected by the offer code. But also look at the effect of when you look to sail.

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have posted the savings value - my intent was only to express my appreciation to @FLORIDA FLOUNDER for making me aware of an opportunity that I otherwise would likely have missed (I'm among those who don't seem to get many of the promos and I don't spend a lot of time revisiting the current pricing on a booked cruise - although I may alter that behaviour going forward!).

When we booked the cruise originally, we decided that the price was acceptable for the value we perceived. Being fortunate enough to realize a major savings just increases the value proposition for us. Only you can decide if any expedition price represents value to you. 

Happy cruising! 🍺🥌

Thank you so very much for the explanation.   I do appreciate your insight.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Tom.in.nc said:

I can still login with userid and password like before.  Can you not?

Not directly. It’s a different interface that always generates the verification code email once I enter my email address and click continue.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Hanoj said:

Not directly. It’s a different interface that always generates the verification code email once I enter my email address and click continue.

IMG_7836.jpeg

Edited by Tom.in.nc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom.in.nc said:

I just enter my password and ignore the verification code that they sent me.

Is that the first screen you see? Not me. I first get this (and I haven’t figured a way around it and it sends the code after entering email address):

IMG_1244.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hanoj said:

Mine too. Though I would have just preferred an email about the offer. Would have been more convenient since I wouldn't have needed to deal with the new, more cumbersome MVJ log in process.

Is it that cumbersome?

I still just do the login with password - quick and easy like before.

Not sure what the big deal is.

13 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Is it that cumbersome?

I still just do the login with password - quick and easy like before.

Not sure what the big deal is.

It use to be one click to the website and then validation with face ID, now it's two clicks and an unneeded email that needs cleanup. Plus they still haven't fixed the open connection issue. First world problem, I know, but poor interface design is one of my pet peeves.

• Like 5

@MikeyB And now for your viewing pleasure. 😜

Viking Cruises

Call Viking at 866-730-2765

2025 River Voyages. SUMMER OF FRANCE. New Viking Guests: $500 Bonus Savings per Couple. Up to FREE Airfare. $25 Deposit. Offer code: NV7

Top 10 Experiences in France

Every Viking journey in France is an opportunity to uncover the country’s rich culture, fascinating history and delectable cuisine. Here is a selection of our favorite French experiences par excellence.

LEARN MORE

FEATURED EXPERIENCES

1.The Louvre Museum. Housed in a former royal palace, the iconic Louvre Museum in Paris is the world’s largest art museum and home to a vast array of artistic treasures, including Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo. Learn more on our river itinerary below.

Paris to the Swiss Alps

Paris to Zürich | 12 Days

FREE International Airfare
$25 Deposit
$500 Bonus Savings per Couple

2.Provence. Dutch painter Vincent van Gogh found inspiration for his paintings in the fields, monasteries, chapels and villages of Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, including his famous wheat field series. Learn more on our river itinerary below.

Lyon & Provence

Avignon to Lyon | 8 Days

Reduced International Airfare
$25 Deposit

3.Alsace Region. Located at the border of France and Germany, Strasbourg is the cultural center of Alsace that charms visitors with its picturesque canals and lovely half-timbered houses. Learn more on our river itinerary below.

Rhine Getaway

Amsterdam to Basel | 8 Days

$25 Deposit

4.Vineyards of Bordeaux. Bordeaux, located in the Aquitaine region, produces some of the world’s most prized wines, which pair perfectly with Bordelaise cuisine, including truffles and oysters, two local delicacies. Learn more on our river itinerary below.

Chateaux, Rivers & Wine

Bordeaux to Bordeaux | 8 Days

$25 Deposit

5.Normandy Beaches. Operation Overlord, the code name for the Allied troops’ invasion of western Europe during World War II, began on Normandy’s beaches on June 6, 1944—often referred to as D-Day. Learn more on our river itinerary below.

London, Paris & D-Day

London to Paris | 12 Days

FREE International Airfare
$25 Deposit

Top 10 experiences in France.
SOC_Facebook SOC_YouTube SOC_Instagram SOC_Pinterest

Offer NV7: New Offer valid on bookings made from Jul 25 to Jul 31, 2024. $500 per couple discount ($250 per person) off published fares on any 2025 itinerary. FREE international airfare valid on select Jul-Aug 2025 departures of London, Paris & D-Day; select Mar & Nov 2025 departures of Paris to the Swiss Alps. Reduced international airfare valid on select Mar-Nov 2025 departures of Lyon & Provence; Rhine Getaway; Chateaux, Rivers & Wine. Not combinable with other offers. Call for details. A limited-time $25 per person deposit is due at time of booking for all featured itineraries; remaining deposit is due with final payment (excludes World Cruise itineraries). Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Offer may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. Book and deposit by Jul 31, 2024; pay in full by Sep 30, 2024. Offer expires Jul 31, 2024.

5700 Canoga Avenue, Suite 200, Woodland Hills, California 91367

©1997-2024 All Rights Reserved | Advertisement CST: 2052644-40

Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | View Web Version

open?params=v1.XEK4PhwBGz030m7tBz2QP0w_oKoAieoyO3ejAlyzrXr9ozwhdOYtqmTuBjvIEUrN8J06HVH-Bhqk1hXr-VwJBRDtHI8k7bGyBgR9P3Y1cYiM6cbqCv8Y_Sd4TlhqUBh9pctkZbRPmIqM0hqatIjvo35AubhuhhXPeH7Slz0jdud8_Vzm4R81mIQkq-ZEev0ctiXh5It56tGdHAe3HtUBxxJ9G-UkMY3tjBv9iZNnB0TbjQjQ6lIyJSL2oWIUm1Tf6J7rmJffPU3aotCd2g0tjKBm7gYz0hWsisXLDSIcPO8IUQveJ5wYjZDn8QhTcBxSPM8bvMvO-7n5LKAOGiSUg57TvApTUyuFHK9AzVxMqz6HetZrGzFArNbhbZDdIfXbYDM3TXsAlirRnIaE3k6jdV9zy9AxcJIQXHGeA7nCcUayCxRRk5Wm2i6lcAf6Mf7yT37fOHtp0Wj6sERCUokCKTRksmO1IVOQOzgx&pid=v1.lfx4Tb1uHywtEyNfrdGxXxxfHPJ0QvJyT4N2NlXv598v1k8662LRoGB5MYgmdvC5SfuB_uMuHlOVibgshiMZ&tuid=66a1c11ca78e1416110d0d25&configId=2f8538b3-0a8b-4ad8-b75c-7f5d1c8367ab:PROD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FLORIDA FLOUNDER said:

@MikeyB And now for your viewing pleasure. 😜

Viking Cruises

Call Viking at 866-730-2765

2025 River Voyages. SUMMER OF FRANCE. New Viking Guests: $500 Bonus Savings per Couple. Up to FREE Airfare. $25 Deposit. Offer code: NV7

Top 10 Experiences in France

Every Viking journey in France is an opportunity to uncover the country’s rich culture, fascinating history and delectable cuisine. Here is a selection of our favorite French experiences par excellence.

LEARN MORE

open?params=v1.XEK4PhwBGz030m7tBz2QP0w_oKoAieoyO3ejAlyzrXr9ozwhdOYtqmTuBjvIEUrN8J06HVH-Bhqk1hXr-VwJBRDtHI8k7bGyBgR9P3Y1cYiM6cbqCv8Y_Sd4TlhqUBh9pctkZbRPmIqM0hqatIjvo35AubhuhhXPeH7Slz0jdud8_Vzm4R81mIQkq-ZEev0ctiXh5It56tGdHAe3HtUBxxJ9G-UkMY3tjBv9iZNnB0TbjQjQ6lIyJSL2oWIUm1Tf6J7rmJffPU3aotCd2g0tjKBm7gYz0hWsisXLDSIcPO8IUQveJ5wYjZDn8QhTcBxSPM8bvMvO-7n5LKAOGiSUg57TvApTUyuFHK9AzVxMqz6HetZrGzFArNbhbZDdIfXbYDM3TXsAlirRnIaE3k6jdV9zy9AxcJIQXHGeA7nCcUayCxRRk5Wm2i6lcAf6Mf7yT37fOHtp0Wj6sERCUokCKTRksmO1IVOQOzgx&pid=v1.lfx4Tb1uHywtEyNfrdGxXxxfHPJ0QvJyT4N2NlXv598v1k8662LRoGB5MYgmdvC5SfuB_uMuHlOVibgshiMZ&tuid=66a1c11ca78e1416110d0d25&configId=2f8538b3-0a8b-4ad8-b75c-7f5d1c8367ab:PROD

Thank you Flounder, I just love to watch!

I think I have a code that wasn't already posted.

Jad24

Special fares on Ocean cruises.  China, Australia, North Pacific Passage etc

Expires the end of the month.

Sorry, I'm not as sophisticated as the Flounder in posting these promotions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1