Covid Quarantine

For those that were diagnosed with covid on board, how long did it take for RCCL to refund the prorated amount of you cruise that you spent in quarantine? We were told that RCCL would do it automatically, but other than the generic information sheet left in the quarantine room there was nothing else in writing. I don't know if I need to call a special number, fill out a form, etc.

Thanks in advance, 

Stephanie

5 minutes ago, seba1 said:

For those that were diagnosed with covid on board, how long did it take for RCCL to refund the prorated amount of you cruise that you spent in quarantine? We were told that RCCL would do it automatically, but other than the generic information sheet left in the quarantine room there was nothing else in writing. I don't know if I need to call a special number, fill out a form, etc.

Thanks in advance, 

Stephanie

I received my refund in three weeks.  I did get an email about ten days prior to that telling me the amount of the refund and that the request had been submitted.

I have not received my reimbursement for hotel charges and food costs yet but the letter says it is taking about 30 days.

How long ago did you get off the ship?

21 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I received my refund in three weeks.  I did get an email about ten days prior to that telling me the amount of the refund and that the request had been submitted.

I have not received my reimbursement for hotel charges and food costs yet but the letter says it is taking about 30 days.

How long ago did you get off the ship?

Thank you! It was not fun. We boarded Friday and daughter tested positive on Sat. We were looking at 6 days in quarantine so we ended up disembarking in Spain and quarantining in a condo there instead. Much better experience since we weren't allow to have fresh air otherwise for 6 days.

The cruise technically ended on June 24.

Stephanie

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Others on these threads have said they were refunded in a week to 2 or 3 weeks.     

Thanks! I couldn't find the other threads.

Stephanie

9 minutes ago, seba1 said:

Thank you! It was not fun. We boarded Friday and daughter tested positive on Sat. We were looking at 6 days in quarantine so we ended up disembarking in Spain and quarantining in a condo there instead. Much better experience since we weren't allow to have fresh air otherwise for 6 days.

Stephanie

Still very early for refund then. I would give it a little time.  Have you submitted receipts for food and the condo yet?  That will come as a separate reimbursement.

I isolated in a hotel in Seattle and then flew home to the east coast after the time was done.  I get the fresh air thing as I didn't leave the hotel room the whole time.

1 hour ago, seba1 said:

Stephanie

I was following on our group page on the sailing, and I am so sorry this happened.   

27 minutes ago, seba1 said:

In case anyone else stumbles upon this thread. Once you are disembarked from the ship, all receipts should be sent over to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com with a subject title of "Travel Reimbursement".

I had to email the CEO's office to be told the process. Crazy!

Stephanie

I didn't realize you didn't have a letter with the email address in it, I would have given it to you.  You should get an email confirming receipt almost immediately.  I still haven't heard anything else on my hotel reimbursement, so they are taking a long time.