Britannia Club On Queen Elizabeth

ClefsDor

I know that in QG and PG one does not have to choose a time to dine and is allocated the same table and no one eats at that table before or after you which means you can stroll in anytime you wish for both lunch and dinner (during dining time opening hours). I was wondering if the same applies to the Britannia Club dining room? 

Also, I have read that the food and menus for Britannia and Britannia Club are the same, just separate dining room. However on one of the sticky's above the breakfast menu for BC is more extensive. Can anyone confirm if the menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner are the same in both dining rooms? Thank you!

Only Club I have been in was on QM2 on a World Cruise-back aways- Indeed we could dine whenever during restaurant opening hours. The menus were more expansive - there were items always available and there was a proper cheese cart😊 One always had the same table and the same folks-unless you or they moved. We had really good table mates; if you come to hate yours you can move and there are now two Club areas-when we traveled there was only one. ENJOY! 

Canoncruiser was your experience in Britannia Club? If so then indeed the menus are very different between BC and Britannia. Alas we are on a waiting list for BC so very much crossing fingers there are some cancellations. 

3 hours ago, ClefsDor said:

I know that in QG and PG one does not have to choose a time to dine and is allocated the same table and no one eats at that table before or after you which means you can stroll in anytime you wish for both lunch and dinner (during dining time opening hours). I was wondering if the same applies to the Britannia Club dining room? 

Also, I have read that the food and menus for Britannia and Britannia Club are the same, just separate dining room. However on one of the sticky's above the breakfast menu for BC is more extensive. Can anyone confirm if the menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner are the same in both dining rooms? Thank you!

Our half a dozen times experience on the QM2 in the Club Britannia was always the same.

We had the same table at breakfast, lunch and dinner. We were able to come anytime btw 630 to 9 for dinner. 

Our menus were the same as Britannia but for Dinner we did have an extra menu that gave us the Pre Grill Experience. IOHO....we enjoyed many of the Pre Grill Choices over the Regular Dinner Menu. And our Dining Room Capt. treated us each night to a table side Flambe's over the regular desserts.

We now are heading in 2 month 3 weeks for a 14 day sailing in CB Class and looking forward again. 

3 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Our menus were the same as Britannia but for Dinner we did have an extra menu that gave us the Pre Grill Experience. IOHO....we enjoyed many of the Pre Grill Choices over the Regular Dinner Menu. And our Dining Room Capt. treated us each night to a table side Flambe's over the regular desserts.

Sounds wonderful! As I mentioned we've asked our TA to waitlist us for BC and we very much hope there is an opening. 

• Thanks 1

I have recently returned from Queen Victoria  June 5th return to regular service. I have a wealth of experience of the Grills, mainly Princess Grill where I was booked for my  two previous cruises post pandemic.

For June 5th sailing I chose  Britannia Club dining, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised , this new dining room which was added ( in place of the former Chart Room) at the last major refit a couple of years ago is outstanding in decor and service .  Britannia Club in my opinion, is a half way house to the Grills, it's certainly on par with PG.

I thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience, especially the additional Al a Cart menu,  Table side Flambe' desserts and the splendid cheese trolley. So much so I'm waitlisted  for Club dining for my upcoming cruise in October. 

I've recently discovered There's life outside the Grills 👌

Just to answer ClefsDor's question ;  Yes In Club Dining one is allocated a dedicated table & waiter for all meals , Dinner is served between 6.30pm - 9pm 

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 5