Unlimited Dining Plan on Oasis: They can't change it after you bought it can they?????

40 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

No, but you -sometimes- find some in the buffet.  If you have the UDP and really want the sushi, then head to Izumi.  If it happens to be the prix fix menu, then go ahead and get one for yourself and let your boys go to town on that, too (after you're done, of course 😉)

We've raised two boys, as well, and we know just how much they can put away!

I remember years and years ago some commercial where they were talking about how teenaged boys can eat.  I don't recall who or what the ad was for, but I distinctly recall the "Dad" standing next to the "son" who was standing at the open refrigerator door.  Dad asked, a little puzzled, "are you eating butter?"

I don't know why he was puzzled.  Should've seen that one coming!

They usually disappear but maybe THEY will have to find me or my DW for lunch and we can order too and let them eat most of it!  The UDP is not like the Beverage Package (where they watch if you share!!!!)  Thanks for the tip

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to update on this issue:

RCL Corp. Offices responded, in writing, to my query regarding the 8/5 Oasis sailing as follows:

In response to your question submitted:

* Playmakers and Port Side BBQ a la carte restaurants receive a $20 credit towards food. All other a la carte (including Izumi Sushi) receive a $35 credit towards food.

Thank you,

So even though it says on $20 on the RCL site, they stated anyone who purchased it, when the above was shown.... GET IT!

Some have said that Izumi changed to a $34.95 fixed 2 plate.... honestly I do not care what they call it as long as my Son's can get the amount of Sushi they want, and I paid for back in May.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 8:08 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I think I know what has happened.

Izumi used to be a la carte.  Everything was an individual price.

They have now gone to a prix-fixe  menu that consists of;

Start off with one (1) small plate, like Miso Soup or Pork Gyoza Dumplings. Then, pick your choice of two (2) large plates from a selection of signature rolls, sushi & sashimi, flavorful bowls of ramen and more. Top it all off with one (1) delicious dessert

That is why the $35 reference is no longer listed.  Izumi is now no different that Chops or Jamie's as far as pricing

If Izumi is now a set price, has anyone used a D+ BOGO there?

On 7/1/2022 at 8:39 AM, Project-College said:

Thanks for the response on the other thread too.  I will post once I hear back from CURRENT Oasis sailors as to exactly how Izumi on Oasis is being treated.  Hope ur right and it is treated just as the Chops, Park, etc.  ESPECIALLY for lunch, as that's when my two HUNGRY boys would be going!

Technically UDP is only good for lunch on sea days

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yea right 😇

How many sea days do you have

5 of 9.  The 'promised' ala carte allowance (that they reaffirmed) is fine for us for those days and I still have the 'written' confirmation of sea days for Playmakers and Port Side.  (made in June)

Would I love extra.... who the hell wouldn't but that's why it's called 'extra' and not 'expected'.  I'm not a rich retired person who tosses over $1k for food too often. 

Edited by Project-College
  • Thanks 1