Unlimited Dining Plan on Oasis: They can't change it after you bought it can they?????

Bought the UDP in Sept 2021 for a sailing on 8/5/22.  The UDP then said:

“For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you'll receive a $35 food credit”   (I did a screenshot)

My Boys like sushi so they will use every dollar!!!!

Going on my RCL today, when I pressed 'view details' on my reserved UDP it says:

“For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you'll receive a $20 food credit”

The overall price of the UDP went down a couple bucks since September BUT not to equate to a drop of $15 per visit at ALL a la carte specialty places?

They can't do this can they... after again they took my money way back in September????

Again, since they went from 45% off (when I got it in Sept) to 50% off (on site today)... a savings of $16 or so per person per day.... I want what I paid for and wondering if anyone else ever had this problem.  

The current site says NOTHING about Izumi being $35, it says "For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you'll receive a $20 food credit"

18 minutes ago, Project-College said:

They can't do this can they... after again they took my money way back in September????

9 minutes ago, Happy New Cruiser said:

I believe Izumi sushi is still $35 but the others are $20.  At least that’s what the details said last time I looked. 

Okay, you made me curious so I had go and check my own cruise planner. 😁

Unfortunately, mine also says $20 credit with no mention of $35 for sushi.  And as much as I'd like to say "oh, I'm sure you'll be fine" ... that may be overly optimistic. 😕 If you want to come armed with the screen shot, and are willing to do battle with guest services,  you might get $35. But I can 99.5% guarantee you that it won't be done automatically as a "grandfather clause" purchase.  My guess is that there's a terms & conditions disclaimer that says you can cancel and get your money back, but that's it. 

I guess you’re right. I looked about a week ago and it said $35 for Izumi and $20 for all others. That is what it said when I purchased it a few months ago. I just looked again and it says all venues are $20. So that has happened this week.

I’m not sure which will be honored. 

7 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Again, since they went from 45% off (when I got it in Sept) to 50% off (on site today)... a savings of $16 or so per person per day....

I also meant to mention that if you booked in September, you probably weren't charged gratuities, and if you rebooked today,  you would be. So be careful about canceling and rebooking for the "lower" price--in all likelihood, it wouldn't be. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Bought the UDP in Sept 2021 for a sailing on 8/5/22.  The UDP then said:

“For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you'll receive a $35 food credit”   (I did a screenshot)

My Boys like sushi so they will use every dollar!!!!

Going on my RCL today, when I pressed 'view details' on my reserved UDP it says:

“For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you'll receive a $20 food credit”

The overall price of the UDP went down a couple bucks since September BUT not to equate to a drop of $15 per visit at ALL a la carte specialty places?

Does not really matter.  If you hit the food credit amount they simply start a new tab.   

• Haha 1

Just now, Project-College said:

RCL told me absolutely NO unless you leave and come back?  Are u sure?

Yes, the most inaccurate response you will ever get is from a Royal Rep. 

36 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Again, since they went from 45% off (when I got it in Sept) to 50% off (on site today)... a savings of $16 or so per person per day.... I want what I paid for and wondering if anyone else ever had this problem.  

The current site says NOTHING about Izumi being $35, it says "For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you'll receive a $20 food credit"

Did you scroll down far enough.

This is from the UDP that is offered on my upcoming sailing and it clearly states Izumi is $35.

What's Included

• Unlimited visits to speciality dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days.
  • For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $20 food credit.
  • For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge, and Dadong is included, with a $35 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Did you scroll down far enough.

This is from the UDP that is offered on my upcoming sailing and it clearly states Izumi is $35.

What's Included

• Unlimited visits to speciality dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days.
  • For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $20 food credit.
  • For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge, and Dadong is included, with a $35 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

Ken, I'm not sure I'm seeing what you're seeing ... 🤔

I see a reference to Izumi Hibachi (not sushi, which is what the OP is concerned about) with a $10 surcharge, and the only $35 I see is a surcharge for Dadong.  

45 minutes ago, Happy New Cruiser said:

I guess you’re right. I looked about a week ago and it said $35 for Izumi and $20 for all others. That is what it said when I purchased it a few months ago. I just looked again and it says all venues are $20. So that has happened this week.

I’m not sure which will be honored. 

It was $20 on Indy 2 weeks ago. 

Purchased about 8 weeks ago, also $20

24 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Can u picture trying to argue this at Guest Services?

I would keep the screenshot and show it to them when you want to order. It’s up to you but I would tell them I want a refund if they don’t honor it and spend my eating money on land.

58 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

59 minutes ago, Project-College said:

59 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Yes, the most inaccurate response you will ever get is from a Royal Rep. 

Speaking of…..

Just to see if I could get a straight answer I called RC and asked. The rep couldn’t understand the question. He kept telling me I could cancel my old UDP and get the new promotion. I kept telling him I didn’t want the new promotion I wanted the old one to be honored.  After 15 minutes I finally gave up and told him I was all set.

37 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Ken, I'm not sure I'm seeing what you're seeing ... 🤔

I see a reference to Izumi Hibachi (not sushi, which is what the OP is concerned about) with a $10 surcharge, and the only $35 I see is a surcharge for Dadong.  

Your right.  I read that too quick and just saw the $35

I think I know what has happened.

Izumi used to be a la carte.  Everything was an individual price.

They have now gone to a prix-fixe  menu that consists of;

Start off with one (1) small plate, like Miso Soup or Pork Gyoza Dumplings. Then, pick your choice of two (2) large plates from a selection of signature rolls, sushi & sashimi, flavorful bowls of ramen and more. Top it all off with one (1) delicious dessert

That is why the $35 reference is no longer listed.  Izumi is now no different that Chops or Jamie's as far as pricing

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

I have a TA and asked her to follow up on this as well.  There is ABSOLUTELY nothing in the fine print, or commercial law as I understand it, that allows then to change the 'value' of a purchased item.

That would be like you buying sneakers 'pre-release' that list white laces then sending you sneakers without laces and saying you can always get a refund.

Yeah, while they have had $1k since September?  That stinks and this may be indicative of future actions on their part.

I have heard many saying NCL 'nickles and dimes' you but NCL never pulled this type of thing on us in the past? 

I have a TA and asked her to follow up on this as well.  There is ABSOLUTELY nothing in the fine print, or commercial law as I understand it, that allows then to change the 'value' of a purchased item.

That would be like you buying sneakers 'pre-release' that list white laces then sending you sneakers without laces and saying you can always get a refund.

Yeah, while they have had $1k since September?  That stinks and this may be indicative of future actions on their part.

I have heard many saying NCL 'nickles and dimes' you but NCL never pulled this type of thing on us in the past? 

read my reply above your last post

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

I thionk I know what has happened.

Izumi used to be a la carte.  Everything was an individual price.

They have now gone to a prix-fixe  menu that consists of;

Start off with one (1) small plate, like Miso Soup or Pork Gyoza Dumplings. Then, pick your choice of two (2) large plates from a selection of signature rolls, sushi & sashimi, flavorful bowls of ramen and more. Top it all off with one (1) delicious dessert

That is why the $35 reference is no longer listed.  Izumi is now no different that Chops or Jamie's as far as pricing

The point is still they only said 'Playmakers' and 'Portside' were $20 credit.... ALL OTHER ala carte (including Solarium and others) were $35 credit.  I will check about the Izumi as that is listed on their site, even today, as ale carte!