soda options

ewildcat7

I know that Holland America's beverage package is made up of Coke products.  But I am a Pepsi man and don't like Coke.  In the past (2019), I was able to bring up to 12 cans of Pepsi on board and also pick some up and bring it on during shore excursions.  I have heard that this is no longer allowed.  Does anybody have any ideas on how I can get my Pepsi?  I am not a coffee drinker, so this is my vice!

As a Diet Mt Dew (Pepsi product) lover,  I can only drink one while in port.  Beating the luggage scanners both on Embarkation Day and in every port is impossible.  I learned to adjust for a few weeks each year.

• Like 4

Yah, I think you are pretty much out of luck on the soda options.  I grumble as well, but I've gotten somewhat used to it for travel.

I'm another diet Mt Dew drinker, and even off ship, most of Europe is a diet Mt Dew desert.  Once in a while you come across regular Mt Dew there, but the only diet I've seen there was in the PX on US military bases. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dog said:

Are there any canned sodas in the soda package?

Coca Cola Package:  "The package is for unlimited fountain soda and does not include canned or bottled items."

Quench Beverage Package does include canned sodas.

Edited by Crew News
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dog said:

Does everyone in cabin have to purchase same soda pact?

can we bring water on-board?

From HAL, "Enjoy unlimited refills of fountain soda for the duration of your voyage. It includes a souvenir cup that you can take home with you. Only on the ms Koningsdam, the package includes Freestyle Coca-Cola which provides 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors to choose from. A 18% service charge will be automatically applied to your purchase. The Unlimited Soda Package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage. All guests booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package. The package is for unlimited fountain soda and does not include canned or bottled items. Guests will be issued one specialty cup to be used in connection with this promotion. The cup is not replaceable."

"However, an allowance of six liters, twelve (12) cans or cartons (500 ml in volume or less) or six (6) cans or cartons (1 liter in volume or less) of water are allowed per stateroom.  Any amount in excess of this allowance will be not be allowed onboard. Water in plastic bottles will not be allowed onboard in any quantity, including in ports of call. Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is the premium upgrade package worth $50/day?

What non alcoholic drinks are included?

does this include bottled water?

a link would be helpful.

I have just started my search, as I realized things have changed since my last cruise.

3 minutes ago, dog said:

Is the premium upgrade package worth $50/day?

What non alcoholic drinks are included?

does this include bottled water?

a link would be helpful.

I have just started my search, as I realized things have changed since my last cruise.

As requested:  Beverage Packages

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LuAnn said:

Hi dog!! Good to see you on the HAL board! Are you thinking of booking a HAL cruise?

First TA- Oosterdam in 2023.

think we will do Have It All package.

• Like 1

I am also a Pepsi vs Coke fellow.  I put up with Diet Coke by adding Bacardi to it.  After a few drinks, the Coke become more bearable😉.  My land source of Caffeine is Pepsi Zero so I switch to Coke Zero (or Diet Coke) on a ship or unsweetened Ice Tea to stay alert.  

18 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

I am also a Pepsi vs Coke fellow.  I put up with Diet Coke by adding Bacardi to it.  After a few drinks, the Coke become more bearable😉.  My land source of Caffeine is Pepsi Zero so I switch to Coke Zero (or Diet Coke) on a ship or unsweetened Ice Tea to stay alert.  

DR. PEPPER and RUM.............so good 🙂  My drink of choice

1 minute ago, dog said:

April 10/23 to Rome.

purchased Have It all.

While we have sailed to HI with HAL before and also did a T/P we never did a T/A with them. I'll check it out!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LuAnn said:

While we have sailed to HI with HAL before and also did a T/P we never did a T/A with them. I'll check it out!

Ok, use fb messenger. I will send you details re: TA & drinks package discussed.

Random question regarding the Unlimited Coca Cola Package.  Can you pour water from the Freestyle machine?  If so, I may need to add that to my Elite Package, so sodas/waters don't eat up my 15 drink limit.