Royal Caribbean have moved port in Venice!

foxylady99

4 hours ago, Tin can said:

Thats good to know that the service is punctual and changing in Ferrara was simple. Did you stop a night in Ravenna or go straight to the port?

This was on our way out after the cruise. We took the RCI shuttle from the port to the Ravenna train station, changed trains in Ferrara, and then went to Padua to stay the night there since we had already done Venice on the front end of the trip. Beautiful city! 

For the arrival, we had hired a private transfer to take our group of 6 from Piazzale Roma in Venice straight to the boat at Porto Corsini.

59 minutes ago, GatheringDust said:

This was on our way out after the cruise. We took the RCI shuttle from the port to the Ravenna train station, changed trains in Ferrara, and then went to Padua to stay the night there since we had already done Venice on the front end of the trip. Beautiful city! 

For the arrival, we had hired a private transfer to take our group of 6 from Piazzale Roma in Venice straight to the boat at Porto Corsini.

Thank you for that, Padua looks absolutely wonderful. I'm going to have to try and fit a night there post cruise as well.

16 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

See posts #14 and #20 for info on the RCI shuttle between the train station and the port at Ravenna.

Saw this post, thank you. Where can I sign up for the shuttle?  ( train station to the port ? ) we fly and stay in Bologna and take the train to Ravenna.

On 7/5/2022 at 6:50 PM, WomanRN said:

We are taking the train from Venice to Ravenna with a change of trains in Ferrara. Anyone have experience with what seems like a "tight" train connection.  We have 7 minutes to get off of one train and board another.  Is the Ferrara station station large?  Will we have difficulty finding the right track??

We specifically asked not to be routed through Bologna because of other travelers coming from there and because of the recent train strike.  We also have signed up for the $10 shuttle from the train station to the pier.  Why did Royal/Italy have to make this so difficult??

We are catching these trains which gives us a longer time to change trains/platforms with luggage

0940 Venice to Ferrara 1103

1137 Ferrara to Ravenna 1248

$10pp RCI shuttle to port leaves every 20-30 mins 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 7:12 AM, fvandewouwer said:

Saw this post, thank you. Where can I sign up for the shuttle?  ( train station to the port ? ) we fly and stay in Bologna and take the train to Ravenna.

Just look for the RCI people outside the station. The charge is to your cabin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 7:12 PM, euro cruiser said:

If you'll give me the train times I'll look on the quadri and see what tracks they are supposed to use at Ferrara.  That doesn't guarantee they will use them, but the plan is published and as far as I know they stick to it unless there is a reason they have to deviate.

Sorry it took me so long...

Frecciarossa 10009415 arrives Ferrara 12:27pm

Regional Ttper 17619 leaves Ferrara at 12:35pm

#9415 from Venezia arrives to Ferrara at 12:27, scheduled on track 3.

#17619 starts at Ferrara and departs at 12:35 from track 1, which is adjacent to the station.

This means you will need to transit under the tracks to get from track 3 to track 1, if everything runs to plan.

Ferrara arrivals here:  Orario dei treni in arrivo nella stazione di Ferrara - RFI

Ferarra departures here:  Orario dei treni in partenza dalla stazione di Ferrara - RFI

On 8/8/2022 at 11:20 AM, euro cruiser said:

#9415 from Venezia arrives to Ferrara at 12:27, scheduled on track 3.

#17619 starts at Ferrara and departs at 12:35 from track 1, which is adjacent to the station.

This means you will need to transit under the tracks to get from track 3 to track 1, if everything runs to plan.

Ferrara arrivals here:  Orario dei treni in arrivo nella stazione di Ferrara - RFI

Ferarra departures here:  Orario dei treni in partenza dalla stazione di Ferrara - RFI

Thanks for the train numbers, arrival and departure information!!  Unfortunately our TA did not provide those. She didn't seem to understand that's we need to find the correct train and what track it is on!!  I really appreciate you!!

On 8/11/2022 at 7:45 AM, WomanRN said:

Thanks for the train numbers, arrival and departure information!!  Unfortunately our TA did not provide those. She didn't seem to understand that's we need to find the correct train and what track it is on!!  I really appreciate you!!

Sigh.  Just beware that most US Travel agents are good "order takers" and can regurgitate what they read in brochures.  But expecting most US travel agents/agencies to advise you on independent European travel (and trains) will not often have a good result.  Unless you get a rare travel professional who does a lot of their own independent travel it is more likely than not that they know only what they read online and less than many of us who post here on CC.

If you want a correct train in Europe, it is best to look up your own information and not depend on others (except a few here on CC 🙂    In the case of Italian trains, the ultimate source is the Trenitalia site (for Trenitalia trains).  And expecting to find accurate timetables far in advance is a real crap shoot as schedules can, and do, change.   Track numbers can also change (at the last minute) so, when you get to a station, the first thing to do is check the boards for your train, times, and track.  If you have a problem finding the info than you need to get in the queue for Information.

I will lend my support to Euro Cruiser who, over many years, has convinced me that he is the master of this stuff.  Although I have a lot of independent travel experience (in Europe and elsewhere) there has been a few times when I leaned on Euro Cruise for good info :).   But even when you think you have it all figured out, planned on the best schedules for your trip, etc.  make sure to double check the schedules when you get very close to your trip.  And it is not a bad idea to keep checking (at least every week) right up until the journey.    Nothing burns me up more then when I have dotted all my i's, crossed all my t's, and then arrive at a train station to find there is a strike (this has happened to me in both Italy and France).   Perhaps this best explains my personal preference to use rental (or leased) cars when traveling in Europe :).

Hank

On 7/5/2022 at 10:00 AM, fvandewouwer said:

we will be at Ravenna station in september can anyone confirm there will be a shuttle from Royal that brings us to the port and do I have to book it up front ?

there is no information on the website ( or I must have missed it  )

thank you

You should book it up front.  Letter from RC said same day shuttles may be booked but subject to availability.

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2022 at 8:34 PM, DEBG60 said:

You should book it up front.  Letter from RC said same day shuttles may be booked but subject to availability.

I have tried to call RC but they have no idea from any shuttle service from the train station, only from and to the airport of Venice.

Is'nt there anyone who has been in Ravenna and knows if and where we can take the shuttle bus to / from the Ravenna train station ?