VeriFLY...yea, nay, experiences?

Anubi

We are traveling to Canada in a few weeks on the Nieuw Statendam.   So we will load our documents on ArriveCan on our computer and how long can we expect to wait before receiving a  receipt ?   

48 minutes ago, JCMass. said:

We are traveling to Canada in a few weeks on the Nieuw Statendam.   So we will load our documents on ArriveCan on our computer and how long can we expect to wait before receiving a  receipt ?   

Once everything is submitted, the receipt is immediate, both on the app as well as the emailed version.

I consider myself rather teck saavy and this app is the buggiest app I have seen in quite some time!  So far, I have "canceled" and re-added our cruise no less than three times.  I was successful (initially) in adding our vaccination records, and received an approval message for both via email.  After about a month, I received a message that there was something wrong with my vaccination record.  I looked into how to fix this problem, and found nothing, including no way to re-upload my vaccination record.  I "canceled" our trip one more time and re-added it.  Since then, we received our second boosters and I wanted to upload our updated vaccination information -- which, apparently, is not something you can do.  After canceling and re-adding our trip, there is no link available to upload our vaccination information.  Ugh!!!  I have sent emails to their support team, whose only response is to cancel the trip and start all over -- something that clearly doesn't work!  Note that I am using an Apple iPhone for all of this (in case that makes a difference).  I will continue to be persistent until I can get this thing working!  LOL  Good luck!

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 12:44 PM, Loreto said:

We had VeriFLY for our June 19 Westerdam/Alaska cruise and were glad we had it!  When we entered the terminal in Seattle, there was a large line for non VeriFLY and no one in line for VeriFLY!  we were checked in in seconds and on our way to the next station prior to boarding...amazing.  

We'll be on same cruise in late September! I installed VeriFLY but it won't recognize my booking number on HAL.  How soon did you enter your booking number on the app?  I'm glad you had an easy time using it when boarding!

We spent a couple of hours Thursday morning doing COVID testing and dealing with VeriFly - mostly the actual COVID tests themselves.

When we got to the pier in Vancouver today, we didn’t wait at all in any line. At the first stop - check in - we showed the green VeriFly app, went right to a rep who took photos and scanned our passports and gave us each an orange slip of paper that they called the “boarding pass” at the magnetometers, which were the next step. Then we went thru US Border Control and had to scan passports. As we boarded the ship, they scanned the boarding passes on my phone.  So we showed 2 things on a phone and our passports. No juggling papers!

We were in an early boarding group, but there were 25 or 30 people waiting to check in with paper at the first stop.  We were in and out before people who walked in and had to

do manual/paper check in were even to the front of the line. Can’t imagine what it will be like later.

To me, you pick your poison - either take the time to do it ahead of time or hope you hit the pier at a quieter time so your document review goes quick. 

We sail in two weeks (can't wait) on the Konigsdam on an Alaska Cruise tour.  We've loaded up Verifly ... one thing I didn't know (and just stumbled across on another board) is that it won't let you upload your vaccination verification until you are within a 40 day window.  I thought it was a buggy app or I was doing something wrong - but as soon as I was in the window, it loaded no problem.  Hoping our negative test does the same!  (I don't think we have QR codes with ours in Canada).

Happy cruising friends, so happy to be getting back on board, soon!!!

I tried to load verifly on my phone but can't get past the selfie picture.  Keep getting the message can't see facial features.  After reading these posts I may just forget about it.  

Another question - where do you find the ArriveCan  app.  I have tried doing a search but can't get an answer.🤔

5 hours ago, HeyJude408 said:

We'll be on same cruise in late September! I installed VeriFLY but it won't recognize my booking number on HAL.  How soon did you enter your booking number on the app?  I'm glad you had an easy time using it when boarding!

Yup same issue (not recognize my HAL booking #). I was able to add it fine like couple weeks ago but I had to reinstall app and now I get error when adding my booking 

On my May Cruise, I was able to add my booking as soon as I made it (so 90 days out) but can't add my September cruise now 

Think it's a bug and hope they fix it because the lineup was so much quicker with verifly when I went in May to Alaska 

22 minutes ago, Traveling Dot said:

I tried to load verifly on my phone but can't get past the selfie picture.  Keep getting the message can't see facial features.  After reading these posts I may just forget about it.  

Another question - where do you find the ArriveCan  app.  I have tried doing a search but can't get an answer.🤔

You can get arrivcan in the app store 

Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.gc.cbsa.coronavirus

iOS 

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/arrivecan/id1505394667

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gilboman said:

Yup same issue (not recognize my HAL booking #). I was able to add it fine like couple weeks ago but I had to reinstall app and now I get error when adding my booking 

On my May Cruise, I was able to add my booking as soon as I made it (so 90 days out) but can't add my September cruise now 

Think it's a bug and hope they fix it because the lineup was so much quicker with verifly when I went in May to Alaska 

Thanks @gilboman I'll try again in another few weeks!

15 hours ago, gilboman said:

Although the European version of Verifly seems to operated slightly differently to the N. American version, I noticed two things today.

One is the update regarding the test cruises from Amsterdam, (see details on image).

Screenshot_20220710-105147_VeriFLY.thumb.jpg.8abaa387b7d07443f87f4bc7b353d0a2.jpg

The second thing is that when I tried to add our upcoming Rotterdam cruise there is no facility to add a HAL cruise.  The only options are Carnival Cruises, P&O Australia or Viking!

149078590_Screenshot_20220710-170622_VeriFLY(1).thumb.jpg.97ed35f50e89aaa0cf4ea1a1bfd7bdfb.jpg

1 hour ago, HeyJude408 said:

Thanks @gilboman I'll try again in another few weeks!

You can contact them as well via app (settings --> get in touch)..i did with my issue (unable to add HAL cruise) and "supposedly" it's been escalated to their engineering dept.  May help if more people let them know 

below is email response i got 

Thank you for contacting VeriFLY Support.

We apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing using VeriFLY. We have escalated this issue to our Engineering team and they are working on a resolution. If we cannot resolve your issue before your cruise, please see an agent at the reception desk to complete your check-in and obtain your boarding pass. If you have any questions about check-in, please contact your cruise line.

For more information on VeriFLY, please check out our Help Centre.

If you have any further queries, please let us know and we'll be happy to assist!

Kind Regards,

Sirop Andrei Bogdan

Daon Customer Support Representative

I do not like Verifly but American Airlines made it very difficult not to use it for my last flight.  So I researched the company which seems to have a long standing good security profile.   I easily entered the details.  Neither American nor HAL actually used it on location though American used it for online check in.  I was very aggravated 

Edited by Mary229

23 hours ago, gilboman said:

Did you have the booking not found problem when you are entering the HAL booking number? or did you have the general "An Error occured. Please try again later."

I have the latter one and gotten similar automated email like yours. Lets hope they get it fix before my trip (coming up in 2 weeks)

On 7/7/2022 at 8:31 AM, fsdj1097 said:

We could not get VeriFly to accept any of our documents.  It was a total bust for us.....However, when we boarded Koningsdam in Vancouver, it probably took all of 10 minutes for all 6 in our party to present our ArriveCan receipts, and COVID test results at cruise check in.  The facial recognition (photo uploaded to Navigator App) made the whole process a snap. 

I had similar experience. Loaded everything on VeriFLY up to taking the Health Assessment.  The app would not allow me to submit the Health Assessment.  VeriFLY tech support told me to uninstall and reinstall the app.  Then the app would not recognize my trip.  After multiple attempts and much to-ing and fro-ing with VeriFLY tech support, I went old school with paper. At check in, it went quickly and smoothly using paper. 

IMHO VeriFLY is useless!!

I read somewhere on these boards that using VeriFly for a cruise originating in Europe is useless.  I'm curious if these means that VeriFly is not used in Europe, or does this mean that the employees in the terminal don't know about VeriFly?

16 hours ago, Xenni said:

Did you have the booking not found problem when you are entering the HAL booking number? or did you have the general "An Error occured. Please try again later."

I have the latter one and gotten similar automated email like yours. Lets hope they get it fix before my trip (coming up in 2 weeks)

I get a general error error occured message for retrieval of the booking... it just says error occurred and try again later

based on my tinkering...if i enter in a non valid booking number (eg i use random numbers/letters around), the message is different and it's "Booking not found" and says booking number is invalid.

so i think it's something on backend where verifly isn't able to pull the booking details from the api with HAL.. 

1 hour ago, gilboman said:

I get a general error error occured message for retrieval of the booking... it just says error occurred and try again later

based on my tinkering...if i enter in a non valid booking number (eg i use random numbers/letters around), the message is different and it's "Booking not found" and says booking number is invalid.

so i think it's something on backend where verifly isn't able to pull the booking details from the api with HAL.. 

It is definitely the same error as mine then... Were you able to get your problem fixed before your trip?

I have received the email that they escalated the matter but not sure how long it will be fixed 

2 hours ago, Xenni said:

It is definitely the same error as mine then... Were you able to get your problem fixed before your trip?

I have received the email that they escalated the matter but not sure how long it will be fixed 

I just tried now and was able to add my cruise (that's on Sept 3), so hope it's fixed for you as well. 

it skips/won't let me from adding my proof of vax ..i'm hoping it's because they still have it on file from my cruise in May so don't need it. i guess now i'll need to wait til Sept 1 to submit my test results and find out if it's all good then!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gilboman said:

I just tried now and was able to add my cruise (that's on Sept 3), so hope it's fixed for you as well. 

it skips/won't let me from adding my proof of vax ..i'm hoping it's because they still have it on file from my cruise in May so don't need it. i guess now i'll need to wait til Sept 1 to submit my test results and find out if it's all good then!

Oh good! I just checked mine and it seems like my sailing is no longer bugged!

Was able to upload my vaccination status and is now waiting for the covid testing upload (next week).

I wish the app have an option to update your photos though, I just realize the photo I took before weren't as.... Formal.

Last minutes Verifly question. I have everything done and green check marks. Yay! My test results didn’t have a QR code and they never sent the pdf to print like they said they would. But I uploaded screenshots of the portal showing negative, and that was enough to pass Verifly. 

but, when I tried to print out the portal page showing the results, it was completely messed up. The table did not print right. So… if I did Verifly, the printout of test results are just backups, right? I won’t be asked to show a paper copy of my result?

We've just returned from 21 days on the Rotterdam.  Fabulous cruise, btw.  We spent three days in Amsterdam prior to the cruise.  We took the covid test through Qured on the Friday before a Sunday departure.  All went well with that.  Then I proceeded to try to upload everything in Verifly.  It was very frustrating, taking many tries.  Amsterdam was also experiencing a heat wave which made our room very warm and I was beginning to overheat.  Many tries later and it finally took!  It was a mystery to me why my husband's information went through and mine did not.  In any case, when we went to the port on Sunday, the line was several hundred people deep.  I kept looking for the Verifly line and couldn't find it - because there wasn't any line!  We just zipped through the check-in process and were in our cabin within 15 minutes of arriving at the port.  It saved us from the long line, with very few masked passengers at that point.  My advice is to keep trying  - it is so worthwhile once completed.

9 hours ago, rubytue said:

So… if I did Verifly, the printout of test results are just backups, right? I won’t be asked to show a paper copy of my result?

Replying to myself, in case anyone else is wondering. The only paper document I was asked for was a passport. VeriFLY green and ArriveCAN QR code (when was looked at with human eyes, not even a scanner).