Maître d'hôtel - Generoso Mazzone

A well deserved retirement!  If you are reading this Generoso, thank you for your wonderful hospitality.  The cruises we experienced with you as the Maitre 'd Hotel were among our fondest Princess memories.

• Like 3

Awe! I literally was just thinking about him the other day while I was onboard the ship, and I haven't seen him in so long and was wondering if he was still around. I'm happy for him in his retirement and wish him all the best! He always used to take such wonderful care of me, when I used to practically live on the Ruby Princess when it first came out and being a young girl traveling solo he was just always such a doll to me. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

They are now called 'Restaurant Mangers'

To be specific, the Maitre'd' is now called the Director of Restaurant Operations.  The former Head Waiters are now called Restaurant Managers.  

Btw, the Asst Maitre'd is now the Lido Manager.

6 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Generoso did indeed retire.  We are close friends and we communicate frequently.  He does not follow Cruise Critic, but I'll pass on the nice comments.

Is his email the same?   We too love him.  Best of the best for sure.

• Like 1

LACruiser88, will you please message me Generoso’s email as I have misplaced it.  We travelled with him so many times, he would let us know his schedule so we could be on a voyage with him.  So many great Chef’s Tables with him as well.  We may have met you on a cruise.  
Generoso made dining so special as well as the cruise.  

Sandipalms

On 7/2/2022 at 11:06 PM, Olinsky_Cruisers said:

I asked during our recent cruise on the Enchanted Princess and was told that Generoso retired.

He was terrific and very well liked by all!

Sorry to disagree about being terrific. He was indeed very personable but was totally useless sorting out our table of eight on our Royal cruise in 2016. For the change over on the second week of our cruise it was a total **** up!