Covid test for ship using the free gov't kits

15 minutes ago, Live in the moment said:

Has anyone used this place? It's still a proctor, but only 14.99 pp and you use the free kits the gov't mailed out.

https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/?gclid=CjwKCAjw2f-VBhAsEiwAO4lNeBoAiQIOw3W1CQFyE7VoG4VAnNVVg09w9sxZJxWuum4p82dGtDsI2BoCzagQAvD_BwE

I was just about to write a post asking exactly the same thing!  I am trying to find some reviews of this company and all I can find are extremely negative reviews about their in-person testing; nothing about the online testing service.

I have used the emed tests many times (think i have used 12 or 18 at this point). never had an issue with them boarding a ship, or returning from resorts in the Dominican Republic and Mexico. emed is the one I would personally suggest. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Just saw a post where someone said the reviews give this company 1.5 stars.

So I would read the reviews before I counted on them for testing…

On 7/2/2022 at 4:57 PM, ewildcat7 said:

I was just about to write a post asking exactly the same thing!  I am trying to find some reviews of this company and all I can find are extremely negative reviews about their in-person testing; nothing about the online testing service.

Where are these reviews?

54 minutes ago, skybluewaters said:

Where are these reviews?

yelp

again, it seems that most of the negative reviews are about Onpoint's drive through testing.  Not much out there about their video testing. But several people on here say it worked well.

• Thanks 1

As more and more pharmacies are no longer offering them, testing sites closing down and insurance withdrawing coverage I expect either more people to use those sites or the requirement will have to be dismissed. 

11 hours ago, Mary229 said:

As more and more pharmacies are no longer offering them, testing sites closing down and insurance withdrawing coverage I expect either more people to use those sites or the requirement will have to be dismissed. 

Unfortunately, I agree. Now that funding is disappearing, there’s less options available for a cheap or low cost test. My insurance has already said they will not cover testing if for travels. Yes I can lie, but it’s harder to do that with a family of 4 that shows up all together. 
Our local community college had great testing options up until a few weeks ago when they lost funding for it. That’s what we were going to use for our testing in January, but now I’m probably going to buy the eMed ones. At least I don’t have to worry about getting an appointment and how long the results will take. I don’t really care if I have to wait on hold for a while etc. 

34 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

Unfortunately, I agree. Now that funding is disappearing, there’s less options available for a cheap or low cost test. My insurance has already said they will not cover testing if for travels. Yes I can lie, but it’s harder to do that with a family of 4 that shows up all together. 
Our local community college had great testing options up until a few weeks ago when they lost funding for it. That’s what we were going to use for our testing in January, but now I’m probably going to buy the eMed ones. At least I don’t have to worry about getting an appointment and how long the results will take. I don’t really care if I have to wait on hold for a while etc. 

you can still order the free government tests and use them with the online option.  No need to buy them.  I dare say that by January this will certainly no longer be a requirement 

• 1 month later...