Non-Alcoholic Drinks

I always see a lot of threads about favorite cocktails and other alcoholic beverages but what about the mocktails and other non-alcoholic options? What are your favorites for adults and kids? We have the refreshment package for everyone and would love to try new things.

30 minutes ago, yancycruiser said:

Virgin Pina coladas are very good.

And virgin daiquiris come in many flavors… strawberry, mango, tropical (not entirely sure which fruits are in this one but my underage niece got one when a bar was out of strawberry & offered it).

Can also try a virgin Miami Vice (mix of pina colada & strawberry daiquiri).

EDIT: Oops, poster above beat me to that last one.

Edited by OCSC Mike

When I was at the Rising Tide on Oasis, I told the bartender I wanted a drink he didn't have (blended, virgin) so he offered to make me a special non alcoholic drink. 

No clue what he put in it but he said it's like lemonade with watermelon.  I tasted it, and it was good, but i also don't eat refined sugar,  so I was afraid to drink it all  

So my kid wants to know if they can make a mangonada? So those who have cruised out of Galveston, would the bar have chamoy and tajin or should they pack it in their luggage to convert a mango daiquiri? Would chamoy be allowed?

2 hours ago, scubaslayer said:

So my kid wants to know if they can make a mangonada? So those who have cruised out of Galveston, would the bar have chamoy and tajin or should they pack it in their luggage to convert a mango daiquiri? Would chamoy be allowed?

If it's a "must have" item, I would pack it.  Put it in carry-on to avoid a trip to The Naughty Room. 

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

If it's a "must have" item, I would pack it.  Put it in carry-on to avoid a trip to The Naughty Room. 

Chamoy is a liquid and shouldn't be a banned item but not sure it can go in a carry on. It is basically like a flavored syrup. Tajin is just a seasoning.

I tried all of their Zero Proof cocktails last December. The Shirley Ginger was my favorite in the evenings: ginger ale spiked with limeade, orange juice, and grenadine. For afternoons, it was the strawberry limeade although I had it modified to be heavy on the club soda (a bit sweet otherwise).

If the ship has a Lime & Coconut, get the namesake drink without rum; alternatively, just ask the bartender for something tropical without alcohol.

Since I was on Navigator, there was a Johnny Rockets on the pool deck and yes, milkshakes are included in the Refreshment package.

And of course, espresso drinks as far as the eye can see...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubaslayer said:

Chamoy is a liquid and shouldn't be a banned item but not sure it can go in a carry on. It is basically like a flavored syrup. Tajin is just a seasoning.

When I say carry-on, I mean to carry onto the ship.  Obviously anything over three ounces can't go into a carry-on for a plane ride, but this isn't a forum about plane rides, it's a forum about cruise ships. 

If an unknown liquid is in the checked bag GOING ONTO THE SHIP, it's more likely to get flagged as "potential smuggled booze" and involve going to the security room to open the bag and prove that it's not liquor, which messes up your first evening on board and delays being able to unpack your luggage.  

If the bottle of liquid is in the carry-on bag GOING ONTO THE SHIP, it's simple enough to show it's not booze and get on with the rest of the day.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

When I say carry-on, I mean to carry onto the ship.  Obviously anything over three ounces can't go into a carry-on for a plane ride, but this isn't a forum about plane rides, it's a forum about cruise ships. 

If an unknown liquid is in the checked bag GOING ONTO THE SHIP, it's more likely to get flagged as "potential smuggled booze" and involve going to the security room to open the bag and prove that it's not liquor, which messes up your first evening on board and delays being able to unpack your luggage.  

If the bottle of liquid is in the carry-on bag GOING ONTO THE SHIP, it's simple enough to show it's not booze and get on with the rest of the day.  

I am so used to liquids being restricted, I wasn't thinking there was a difference and liquids can come onboard with us. I would rather it be in the carry on just to help prevent it from busting and become a sticky mess (even in a ziploc bag). I'll put it near the top to make a quick check easier at security if needed. Though it would be nice to hear they have it onboard but I can't think of any standard bar drink that would use it. We will bring a small bottle and restock in Mexico if needed.

• Like 1