The Return of Arcadia

Travelmadoldie

I wasnt able to go sadly, I had planned a busy year of travelling but unfortnately had to cancel

I know from this thread that Arcadia wasnt able to dock in Norway on either port, Did Arcadia get to dock into Reykjavik? I would have been extremely disappointed if Arcadia had not been able to dock in Reykjavik.......For me it would have been  the TOTAL highlight of the whole cruise !!

I saw  that she docked in Belfast

18 hours ago, mickey1959 said:

But they are doing a great job.

Hi Mickey

Glad to hear you're having a great time. Are on Freedom Dining or on a Set Table?. There were issues on a previous cruise with long wait times at dinner for those on Freedom Dining. Are there still problems or have things improved?

Also any idea on how full the ship is? As far as I can establish some of the aft cabins are empty and have been reserved for use as isolation cabins in the event of a positive covid test result. 

1 minute ago, arlowood said:

As far as I can establish some of the aft cabins are empty and have been reserved for use as isolation cabins in the event of a positive covid test result. 

I think they are mid aft cabins in order to include some adapted cabins. 

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Good grief. Now that is serious……🤣🤣

I'm sure I could make do with some Shiraz. Or Cabernet Sauvignon. Or Malbec. Or Rioja. Or Tempranillo. 😆😆😆

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, arlowood said:

Hi Mickey

Glad to hear you're having a great time. Are on Freedom Dining or on a Set Table?. There were issues on a previous cruise with long wait times at dinner for those on Freedom Dining. Are there still problems or have things improved?

Also any idea on how full the ship is? As far as I can establish some of the aft cabins are empty and have been reserved for use as isolation cabins in the event of a positive covid test result. 

Plenty of room on the ship not sure how many guests. Isolation cabins are on 4 decks A B C D All forward of aft lifts. We are on Select Dining which is fine. Freedom dining appears to be ok.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Travelmadoldie said:

Arcadia seems to be heading for Leith, has the itinerary changed?

Yep - original itinerary showed Lerwick after Kirkwall then the Faroes, Stornoway, Greenock and down the west coast. Although some listings show Invergordon rather than the Faroes.

Still looks like a change of schedule from her position today.

Maybe someone on board can confirm

I saw on a social media site that are now heading to Edinburgh, with Lerwick and Faroes being missed.  It will be interesting to see what happens afterwards, as they are way off course to pick the west coast itinerary. Unless they are going from Edinburgh to Glasgow by canal! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I saw on a social media site that are now heading to Edinburgh, with Lerwick and Faroes being missed.  It will be interesting to see what happens afterwards, as they are way off course to pick the west coast itinerary. Unless they are going from Edinburgh to Glasgow by canal! 

We've done Inverness to Fort William on the Caledonian canal.  Arcadia certainly wouldn't fit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

She's definitely on the way to Edinburgh .. well, the Newhaven Harbour anchorage anyway.   Tendering.   We - the Leith / Newhaven Harbour port team, including our volunteer team - were told yesterday lunchtime that she's heading our way.   She's too big for Leith, and apart from anything else, we also have The World in there for two days.

We're hoping everyone has a lovely day in Edinburgh / Lothians (and possibly further afield), and we're happy to help the passengers and crew with any information.

Edited by showingdiva
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Yes, they were due to call at Stornoway, Greenock (for Glasgow) and Holyhead all down the west side. Not many options on the east coast after Edinburgh so maybe they'll spend a couple of days there. Or possibly hop over to the Netherlands or Belgium to fill the time.

They're not due back in Southampton until 2nd August so they have nearly a week to fill???

19 minutes ago, arlowood said:

Yes, they were due to call at Stornoway, Greenock (for Glasgow) and Holyhead all down the west side. Not many options on the east coast after Edinburgh so maybe they'll spend a couple of days there. Or possibly hop over to the Netherlands or Belgium to fill the time.

They're not due back in Southampton until 2nd August so they have nearly a week to fill???

Relaxing days at sea?

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2022 at 6:58 AM, mickey1959 said:

Plenty of room on the ship not sure how many guests. Isolation cabins are on 4 decks A B C D All forward of aft lifts. We are on Select Dining which is fine. Freedom dining appears to be ok.

So passengers on decks 5-8 in Aft cabins cannot get thru to middle stairs and lifts and have to go down (or up) and along? Obviously the same distance but only if you remember and we didn't always when we encountered the same setup on a previous cruise! 

13 minutes ago, BouncingWheel said:

So passengers on decks 5-8 in Aft cabins cannot get thru to middle stairs and lifts and have to go down (or up) and along? Obviously the same distance but only if you remember and we didn't always when we encountered the same setup on a previous cruise! 

It was no problem after the second day, when I remembered. Just go along port side corridor until reach aft lift lobby,then cross the lobby. It us only the cabins directly behind the lifts that are shut off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, showingdiva said:

She's definitely on the way to Edinburgh .. well, the Newhaven Harbour anchorage anyway.   Tendering.   We - the Leith / Newhaven Harbour port team, including our volunteer team - were told yesterday lunchtime that she's heading our way.   She's too big for Leith, and apart from anything else, we also have The World in there for two days.

We're hoping everyone has a lovely day in Edinburgh / Lothians (and possibly further afield), and we're happy to help the passengers and crew with any information.

Edinburgh is a great port, so once the passengers have got over their surprise that they are visiting you, I'm sure they'll have a lovely time.

I was due to visit in May on Queen Victoria, but Cunard cancelled the cruise. I had planned to do a tour that visited the Palace of Holyroodhouse and Royal Yacht Britannia. Hopefully I'll visit again one day. 

• Like 1