Breakaway Live snippets

shanefm3

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

shanefm3 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Day 1 

Arrived early to port (9am)and was onboard at 1130am. Went to Taste and food was decent . Very slow service which seems to be the way it is now . Dinner at Savor was also incredibly slow 

Day2 

Most excursions are sold out . I was only planning on one and was fortunate to get it . If you’ve something you have your heart set on, book early …

Lunch at Sheehans took 90 mins , 30 for seat and 60 for food. 

It might be that I’m getting older but the staff are wearing these foam like masks which makes it incredibly hard to hear , especially if there is background. It must be others too as a good few staff end up pulling down their masks to speak.. go figure

so that’s my major complaints , slow slow slow in dining rooms . I’m trying Cagneys tonight .

I got the Vibe pass which is great , i got the spa pass which is great . I’m on vacation which is great . I can easily wait for food , it’s just a comparison to my last 20 NCL cruises . This has been slow , painfully so. The food is ok , had better but it’s edible . Main dining room decent compared to buffet and Sheehans . I’ll explore other dining locations 

full ship, lots of kids , everyone seems to be happy to be back . To me , this cruise and my previous in March just feels a bit unNCL like . Staff seems distracted 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fun time at Amber Cove . We did solar paddle boat for 30 mins ( $40) and $20 for paddle board for kid . Not much to do apart from the pool which was crazy loud and busy with two ships here. Zip line is $20 if you want to go once or 10 times . We’d a quick walk around stores , they were pretty much the same and nothing really spectacular. Took the  bicycle carriage  back to ship and enjoyed an empty pool and ship . Surprising people would leave a pool which was busy all week to go to another busy pool, when the ship was practically empty 🤷

This is super helpful- thank you for your updates! Question on the pool at Amber Cove- is it free or are they charging NCL guests? Are you happy you got vibe passes? Our group still deciding on those- I’m thinking it’s worth it with summer ships pretty much back to capacity 

Cruise going well, i am however disappointed with the food . The meal in Le Bistro was poor, just poor . We waited 45 mins for appetizers and then another hour for main courses. I had the Dover sole which was like shoe leather . The chicken dish ( Coq) was better but just not worth the wait . 

Last night in Savor , the steak was inedible as was the country chicken. It’s just not up to previous standards . We are at 80% capacity . Today, while waiting for omelette, the cook said to an officer “ please get me off this line”. He too was waiting for his omelette. Strange …

so far, Cagneys has been the winner and if I’d to do it over, I would just dine there every evening 

The ports have been quiet . St Thomas is a shadow of its former self, with many many closed stores . Tortola is basic with just a dozen or so stores . CoVid has left its mark i think , with many businesses unable to see it out . Hopefully it’ll bounce back for them

• Thanks 1

Ok. Disregard all the food comments ( apart from the toughness of some items) . Apparently, the food quality should be put down to both of us catching CoVid . I had noticed a significant number of people coughing on board over the last few days and as hard as we tried to be careful . We have both tested positive today . We brought kits with us . My wives symptoms are worse than mine ( mine so far is just taste )

20 hours ago, shanefm3 said:

Ok. Disregard all the food comments ( apart from the toughness of some items) . Apparently, the food quality should be put down to both of us catching CoVid . I had noticed a significant number of people coughing on board over the last few days and as hard as we tried to be careful . We have both tested positive today . We brought kits with us . My wives symptoms are worse than mine ( mine so far is just taste )

I hope you feel better. Let us know how the quarantine process is please.

20 hours ago, shanefm3 said:

Sorry to read this. Hoping for a speedy recovery. 

6 hours ago, apietros said:

I hope you feel better. Let us know how the quarantine process is please.

Notified the cabin steward and was informed to just wear a mask when leaving cabin. Every … second…. Person is coughing and walking down the corridor sounds like a hospital ward . My assumption is NCL aren’t interested in CoVid anymore . I think it would be scary to know the infection rate onboard here . Long time seasoned cruiser will be taking a step back from cruising and finding a different way to relax in the sun . Something a little less crowded 

4 hours ago, shanefm3 said:

Notified the cabin steward and was informed to just wear a mask when leaving cabin. Every … second…. Person is coughing and walking down the corridor sounds like a hospital ward . My assumption is NCL aren’t interested in CoVid anymore . I think it would be scary to know the infection rate onboard here . Long time seasoned cruiser will be taking a step back from cruising and finding a different way to relax in the sun . Something a little less crowded 

You told your cabin steward that you tested positive for COVID and he (?) told you to wear a mask when you leave the room?  Not, like… STAY in your room?  

2 hours ago, raitch said:

You told your cabin steward that you tested positive for COVID and he (?) told you to wear a mask when you leave the room?  Not, like… STAY in your room?  

Not like a cabin steward is the lead medical officer on the ship. Per instructions plastered on the room, you’re suppose to notify the medical center. 

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Not like a cabin steward is the lead medical officer on the ship. Per instructions plastered on the room, you’re suppose to notify the medical center. 

Plastered ??. What are you talking about ?. There isn’t one sign in room nor around ship . I called medical office and no answer !!. I left a vm indicating our positive cases and received zero response . However, we were informed of a major medical issue onboard that forced us to return to Miami at 1am. Maybe this was more pressing . 

Without a doubt , NCL have no concerns about CoVid anymore , they want heads in beds . It seemed every second person was coughing onboard and no masks present . It’ll be quite a while before i sail again, the standards just aren’t there anymore