VIBE - Going to Pre-Cruise Booking (No More Running)

My experience on Saturday:

1-Live Chat said they couldn't do it (but I heard someone else WAS able to book this way)

2-Called in AM, waited on hold hour, CS rep had not heard of it but was able to go in. BUT she could not figure out how to "save" it.

3-Called at 5PM. Virtually no hold. Was able to book & pay for my B2B on Getaway in August. 

Had others say they were able to book on the phone but had to pay online.

I immediately got a receipt for the pass.

Shortly thereafter I got a revised invoice showing Vibe pass under "Booking Components"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KKB said:

My experience on Saturday:

1-Live Chat said they couldn't do it (but I heard someone else WAS able to book this way)

2-Called in AM, waited on hold hour, CS rep had not heard of it but was able to go in. BUT she could not figure out how to "save" it.

3-Called at 5PM. Virtually no hold. Was able to book & pay for my B2B on Getaway in August. 

Had others say they were able to book on the phone but had to pay online.

I immediately got a receipt for the pass.

Shortly thereafter I got a revised invoice showing Vibe pass under "Booking Components"

By any chance did you ask if the Vibe pass was cancelable and, if so, how late?

45 minutes ago, AndyCapn said:

By any chance did you ask if the Vibe pass was cancelable and, if so, how late?

I didn't ask but I would be surprised if it isn't.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I'm guessing we'll soon see reports of priority booking for higher cabins and lattitudes categories.

I don’t think so.  I think this is a way to generate cash for NCL; people with lower cost cabins or latitude status can now spend more money on their cruise they otherwise would or may not have spent.  Cruise is already booked and paid for; the cost of Vibe is the additional bartenders for NCL.  The more they fill Vibe, the more it’s a true profit dynamic.   The deck is already allocated.  The chairs and hot tubs are already in place.  If they can fill it (and have the cash infusion literally months before sailings), it strengthens the NCL financial position.  Encore in particular did not fill its larger Vibe for Carribean sailings this past spring (limited capacity on board definitely impacted the numbers).  Now, there is a greater chance Vibe is full, resulting in better cruise experience for pax who may have not wanted to run for passes, get to the port early, etc.  

• Like 1

I have never done VIBE, but have a question.....are those cabanas noted in the VIBE area?  The reason I ask is that our Jan sailing on Encore is not showing cabanas for GSC available.  Didn't know if they won't show up until after final payment, or maybe they are now going to work the same as VIBE?  Or are these cabanas what I am looking for on GSC?  TIA!

6 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

I have never done VIBE, but have a question.....are those cabanas noted in the VIBE area?  The reason I ask is that our Jan sailing on Encore is not showing cabanas for GSC available.  Didn't know if they won't show up until after final payment, or maybe they are now going to work the same as VIBE?  Or are these cabanas what I am looking for on GSC?  TIA!

The VIBE on the some of the NCL cruise ships have their own Cabanas available to "rent" for use the entire week while onboard the ship.

The Cabanas (and/or the VILLAS/Silver Cove) on Great Stirrup Cay are Shore Excursion purchases.
It is quite possible that for your sailing on Encore in January, that the cabanas have already sold-out (especially if there will be 2 ships at GSC on the same day).

Just scored mine for Prima October 15th, 12 day cruise out of NYC. $289 per person.  We are 101 days out, called NCL and booked them.  First time trying Vibe as we never arrived early enough to get one.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cruisercl said:

Hi,

Question: which category are the Vibe passes in for booking? 

For example, shore excursions etc.

I did not see that information here, though I may have missed it.

Thanks!

I believe you need to call NCL

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jim The Lizard said:

I don’t think so.  I think this is a way to generate cash for NCL; people with lower cost cabins or latitude status can now spend more money on their cruise they otherwise would or may not have spent.  Cruise is already booked and paid for; the cost of Vibe is the additional bartenders for NCL.  The more they fill Vibe, the more it’s a true profit dynamic.   The deck is already allocated.  The chairs and hot tubs are already in place.  If they can fill it (and have the cash infusion literally months before sailings), it strengthens the NCL financial position.  Encore in particular did not fill its larger Vibe for Carribean sailings this past spring (limited capacity on board definitely impacted the numbers).  Now, there is a greater chance Vibe is full, resulting in better cruise experience for pax who may have not wanted to run for passes, get to the port early, etc.  

Although we appreciated the ability to pre-book the VIBE, I believe that your observation that the cash generation, months before the cruise, is astute and is a key factor for NCL.  Do the math, VIBE capacity by ship, average weekly cost PP per week, number of weeks out that bookings are open for it and presto, another free Line-of-Credit from passengers' deposits.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I'm guessing we'll soon see reports of priority booking for higher cabins and lattitudes categories.

I suspect you're correct, but I don't see many reasons for someone in the Haven to purchase this. Perhaps the balcony cabins like Club Balcony Suite, Family Suites, etc. And, yes to the Latitude categories! 

43 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I suspect you're correct, but I don't see many reasons for someone in the Haven to purchase this. Perhaps the balcony cabins like Club Balcony Suite, Family Suites, etc. And, yes to the Latitude categories! 

Some people in the Haven have said they do purchase them because they may have friends/family that are not staying in the Haven and this way they can meet up there.  Also some have complained about the kids in the Haven so the Vibe gives them adult only time.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jcollin said:

Any idea if you can use OBC for the purchase?

Doesn’t appear to be an option to purchase it in advance.  Interested if they let you use OBC.   As I said earlier, I think this is a way for NCL to generate some cash flow.  They’re not broke, they’re not shutting down….I just think it adds some revenue.  

51 minutes ago, quillwercruisers said:

Some people in the Haven have said they do purchase them because they may have friends/family that are not staying in the Haven and this way they can meet up there.  Also some have complained about the kids in the Haven so the Vibe gives them adult only time.

Ahh! Ok that makes sense - the family part. Of course the kids in the Haven makes sense if they bother you. Personally they don't bother me (I worked in a school for several years). We were in the Haven during spring break and very few kids seemed to be in the courtyard so I didn't expect that to be a problem. .

Thanks for helping me understand why those in the Haven would want the Vibe.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Ahh! Ok that makes sense - the family part. Of course the kids in the Haven makes sense if they bother you. Personally they don't bother me (I worked in a school for several years). We were in the Haven during spring break and very few kids seemed to be in the courtyard so I didn't expect that to be a problem. .

Thanks for helping me understand why those in the Haven would want the Vibe.

The times we have been in the Haven, there wasn't a lot of kids, so we had no issues either.  With that being said, I have read reviews and seen posts on here as well as the FB groups where the kids just screamed and yelled and nothing was done.  That would drive me crazy.  God Bless you for working at a school, because that would drive me crazy as well.  😃 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quillwercruisers said:

I think it also depends upon the ship's Haven. For example, we are going to be on the BA in the Haven in 2 weeks but also purchased Vibe passes because there is no hot tub on the Haven sun deck, nor is there great bar service there. The last time we were on the BA kids took over the Haven pool and hot tubs. One mom even had her diapered child in the hot tub. No thanks! We did not want to take that chance with our upcoming cruise. 

• Like 4