Thoughts about the train tours

dchurchward

My wife and two teenage boys will be taking an Eastern Caribbean cruise over Christmas. While we have decided what we want to do at the other ports, we can decide if the train tour would be a good excursion. We tend to like train tours overall, such as the train in Skagway, Alaska, but wonder if the train tour in St. Kitts is worth it, and what people think about it. Also, if you go on the tour, is there a better side of the train to sit on. Thank you for the help.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 2:31 PM, dchurchward said:

My wife and two teenage boys will be taking an Eastern Caribbean cruise over Christmas. While we have decided what we want to do at the other ports, we can decide if the train tour would be a good excursion. We tend to like train tours overall, such as the train in Skagway, Alaska, but wonder if the train tour in St. Kitts is worth it, and what people think about it. Also, if you go on the tour, is there a better side of the train to sit on. Thank you for the help.

Have previously taken this train trip. You'll want to sit in the open area upstairs. Believe me, it's nothing like the White Pass train trip in Skagway! You basically just go around the island with a few nice sighting as well as some rather trashy areas. There are free drinks onboard. Unless it has changed, I'd give it a rating of 5/10 at best. 

On 7/5/2022 at 7:31 PM, dchurchward said:

One will be disappointed……. take an Island Tour by car.. Or added adrenaline Greys Jeep Safari..

Edited by PORT ROYAL

• 3 months later...